test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Effectiveness of combined space weapon sets-focused on Reputation sets

davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Reputation System
I was wondering if anyone has combined space weapon sets and how effective it seems to be. In particular are some set combinations below.

Protonic Arsenal/Counter Command: centered around bonuses to Photon Torps from both sets.

Silent Enemy/Counter Command: Centered around Disruptor damage bonuses. Obviously this set works best on an Elatchi ship. An alternative would be to use this in combination with the Bortasqu Cruiser set.

Ancient Obelisk/ Temporal Warfare: Centered around Anti-proton damage. Obviously would work the best on the Obelisk Carrier

Solanae Advanced Tech/Protonic Arsenal: Centered on Proton/Protonic exotic damage

Jem'Hadar/ Delta Alliance: centered on Polaron damage. Obviously would work best on Galor or Jem'Hadar ship

Reman Advanced or Romulan Prototype with Romulan Experimental/Omega Adapted: Centered on Plasma Torps.
Post edited by davidwford on

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    Silent Enemy/Counter Command: Centered around Disruptor damage bonuses. Obviously this set works best on an Elatchi ship.

Yea I use the combination of those 2 sets on 3 of my toons and the increase to disruptor damage stacks. Sometimes I use both sets at the same time and sometimes only one depending on my current build demands. If you don’t want to integrate torpedoes you are stuck with cannons/turrets and have no beam options. One toon even flew an Elachi ship with the full silent enemy set for some time in NWS.

In both sets you find cool consoles. The other part in my case has been the turret and the cannon. The set bonuses towards disruptor dmg is quiet different even though both are marked as 7,5% or so. Reason is the one from counter command grants a bonus boost which gives a huge benefit to disruptors while the other applies on a lower plain granting only a smaller overall percentage. Should also be pointed out that the counter command set means integrating a special turret instead of a normal turrent so not much lost. On the other hand for the Elachi crescent cannon a DHC has to go making it a lot less beneficial to integrate. Nevertheless the Elachi set also grand some shield bonus so I kept it on my cannon build.

I have 8 toons. If three of them utilize those sets it would seem that they are my favourite in game. The better one is for free out of the rep system. For the other one a lot of lobi are needed so I don’t recommend it blindly for set bonuses but I do so for the bio neural console.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    for the Elachi crescent cannon a DHC has to go making it a lot less beneficial to integrate. Nevertheless the Elachi set also grand some shield bonus so I kept it on my cannon build.

Surprisingly, the cannon isn't that bad as it's a Single Heavy Cannon and [CritD]x3. It's damage is VERY close to a standard DHC, though you do lose the inherent additional +10% CritD.

It Upgrades fine, too.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Surprisingly, the cannon isn't that bad as it's a Single Heavy Cannon and [CritD]x3. It's damage is VERY close to a standard DHC, though you do lose the inherent additional +10% CritD.

It Upgrades fine, too.

My take as well for it. Very handy on anything that's Battlecruiser or slower to boot.
    davidwford wrote: »
    Protonic Arsenal/Counter Command: centered around bonuses to Photon Torps from both sets.

I did this and combined it with KHG/AMACO for another 25% base torp damage boost, had to remove parts to make way for other things I was trying out... In the end I didn't really notice the difference between having the stacked torp boosts and having none.
    Solanae Advanced Tech/Protonic Arsenal: Centered on Proton/Protonic exotic damage

Did this on a Rom DSD, did OK, but buffing Protonic damage with Tac consoles seemed a loosing proposition with the other hardpoints loosing out on damage to benefit the Protonic DHCs and Experimental Weapon mildly. Ran for a fair bit with the two-set of each but with standard Tac consoles, but in the end I retired the DSD as I didn't like it much. The PDHCs are fused, and therefore not upgrade-able which would be a another demerit nowadays.
    Jem'Hadar/ Delta Alliance: centered on Polaron damage. Obviously would work best on Galor or Jem'Hadar ship

Despite the high (possibly highest) percent listed, the Jem'Hadar set doesn't buff weapons nearly as much as Counter Command Ordnance does, thanks to the Jem set being to base damage (or 'plain' as peterconnorfirst put it). Delta doesn't give a bonus to Polaron, so no stacking there really. Delta Alliance Ordnance is more about Particle Generators, and the Jem deflector gives none.
    Reman Advanced or Romulan Prototype with Romulan Experimental/Omega Adapted: Centered on Plasma Torps.

Omega torp, at least after the bottomless magazine was fixed, isn't terribly great. The high-yeild of it is very slow, so I'm not sure if the Prototype Plasma Projectile would be much help to it.

Now the two-piece bonus formed from the KCB and Assimilated Module is pretty great on most energy weapon builds, as the proc gives more weapon power at the same time as reducing the weapon power cost. On pure energy builds the KCB gives a nice kinetic damage source that'd be lacking for hull killing, post-shield-dropping, otherwise.
    Ancient Obelisk/ Temporal Warfare: Centered around Anti-proton damage. Obviously would work the best on the Obelisk Carrier

If you mean the Advanced Obelisk Carrier, so that you could run the two-set and a [AMP] core, that could be interesing, though the Obelisk Carrier it slow enough that DBBs can be an issue if you don't buff the turnrate quite a bit. The slow procs from the Chroniton Dual Beam Array could be helpful, as would the three-set slow (keep in mind it doesn't get the turnrate, etc. self-buffs). The Tachyokinetic Converter is one of the go-to items for more damage, particularly when fully upgraded to MK XIV gold, and the turnrate boost is definitely useful on the slow boat like the Obelisk Carrier. I've never had the Temporal Disruption Device, but most Temporal ship builds stick it aft, since it's slow moving and slow reloading. The Temp torp doesn't seem a good fit on the Obelisk, as you can't spin like a Temp ship to fire it off as an end-move, and it has to compete for one of your 6 slots.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »
    I did this and combined it with KHG/AMACO for another 25% base torp damage boost, had to remove parts to make way for other things I was trying out... In the end I didn't really notice the difference between having the stacked torp boosts and having none.

I didn't pair the KHG/AMACO with anything because the torp bonus was generic rather than specific. Disappointing that that combination didn't perform all that well.
    Did this on a Rom DSD, did OK, but buffing Protonic damage with Tac consoles seemed a loosing proposition with the other hardpoints loosing out on damage to benefit the Protonic DHCs and Experimental Weapon mildly. Ran for a fair bit with the two-set of each but with standard Tac consoles, but in the end I retired the DSD as I didn't like it much. The PDHCs are fused, and therefore not upgrade-able which would be a another demerit nowadays.

Also disappointing that with the fused proton cannons, they didn't make sure that this commination in addition to the special DSD set was just as competitive as other builds.
    Despite the high (possibly highest) percent listed, the Jem'Hadar set doesn't buff weapons nearly as much as Counter Command Ordnance does, thanks to the Jem set being to base damage (or 'plain' as peterconnorfirst put it). Delta doesn't give a bonus to Polaron, so no stacking there really. Delta Alliance Ordnance is more about Particle Generators, and the Jem deflector gives none.

I was looking at the fact that the Jem'Hadar set was boosting the Delta Alliance Polaron DHC and beam array rather than the Delta Alliance boosting the Dominion set. I guess it was expecting too much that this combination would be particularly effective especially after the APC grind fest to make the set.

It would be nice if they could allow the set to have a fourth power so if someone actually used the Jem'Hadar Set, all four pieces of the Delta Set, and the Dominion Polaron weapons from the Featured Episodes it would simulate the effects of those three bug ships did against the Galaxy-Oddessy in the DS9 episode (shield penetrating or ignoring damage).
    Omega torp, at least after the bottomless magazine was fixed, isn't terribly great. The high-yeild of it is very slow, so I'm not sure if the Prototype Plasma Projectile would be much help to it.

Darn. It would have been interesting if one on fore and one on aft could have made for a devastating plasma torp build.

Thank you for testing this out. I don't have either the time nor the discipline to dig into the minutia of the numbers, and those who do are doing a great service for those of us who are put to sleep.