test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nerf Bops!

starwrathforeverstarwrathforever Member Posts: 1,930 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Sorry...in memory of the good old PvP threads!

I have an attack of longing...so many PvPers left like tears in rain...no more evul Klinguns to send

to Gre'thor or Rura Penthe...almost all HOBOs and Sad Pandas gone forever...:(
Post edited by starwrathforever on

Comments

• sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's sad that my PvP window with my Klingon alts was so short. :(

Since all my friends were on the Fed side, my Klink characters were always secondary. With the rep grind and equipment grind rising, my Klingon characters were quickly abandoned to PvE builds.

With DR, I have not touched my Klink, Rom and Fed alts in ages.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Remember when people said that "Klingon weapons" (Disruptors) were OP and that Phasers needed a buff?
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Remember when people said that "Klingon weapons" (Disruptors) were OP and that Phasers needed a buff?

Disruptors are still OP and phaser need a buff in comparison to them.

The addition of new things which need balance does not eliminate the old issues. It just sort of sidelines them.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    Disruptors are still OP and phaser need a buff in comparison to them.

The addition of new things which need balance does not eliminate the old issues. It just sort of sidelines them.

I think Phasers are fine. They just need to make SubD have less suckage so disables like that are worth using again.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still think that they should have done...

Elite Phased Disruptors
    Elite Disrupting Phasers

...if we're traveling down memory lane here. ;)
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I think Phasers are fine. They just need to make SubD have less suckage so disables like that are worth using again.

So what you're saying is they need a buff...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, I'd completely remove the Phaser proc and replace it with something else. It's never going to be anything other than too weak or too powerful, because it's not something that should be a proc.

They should rework Subsystem Targeting into a single ability, where the player can select which Subsystem they target...and take it from there.

The Vaadwaur Polaron proc would have been something I'd have pictured more for Phasers...oh well.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, I'd completely remove the Phaser proc and replace it with something else. It's never going to be anything other than too weak or too powerful, because it's not something that should be a proc.

They should rework Subsystem Targeting into a single ability, where the player can select which Subsystem they target...and take it from there.

The Vaadwaur Polaron proc would have been something I'd have pictured more for Phasers...oh well.

Do you not remember when the phaser proc was so OP they added a lockout timer after it triggers? You were QUITE able to keep the disables going on a target.

The PvP whiners/recpients of said effect got the phaser proc nerfed into absolute uselessness. NOW it's useless. Before? It was quite desirable.

What a difference an immunity timer makes.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do you not remember when the phaser proc was so OP they added a lockout timer after it triggers? You were QUITE able to keep the disables going on a target.

The PvP whiners/recpients of said effect got the phaser proc nerfed into absolute uselessness. NOW it's useless. Before? It was quite desirable.

What a difference an immunity timer makes.

I'm totally ok with them restoring phasers to their original state. Its not like it will mean anything anymore. The game is dead.

I just LOL no ones prepared to admit the games basically in maintenance mode.
  • amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm totally ok with them restoring phasers to their original state. Its not like it will mean anything anymore. The game is dead.

I just LOL no ones prepared to admit the games basically in maintenance mode.

Wish that STO was in "maintenance mode", even wish it was "abandonware". But the sad part is that it ISN'T, it is still updated, bugs are still introduced, it IS actively developed. Not looking as "maintenance mode" to me! What remains then?... Incompetence, greed, lack of vision, lack of resources?... Hmm... who knows?
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looking for a nice place to take a nap ?
    Head on over to Ker'rat.

What was once a raging war zone, is now a ghost town.
    I miss the horrifying sound of DHC Disruptor fire ripping into my shields and hull...
    :(
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    me And 2 Of My Buddies Are Going Full Time Klingon Faction, We Are Finishing Up Are Upper 50s And Are About 60% Done With All The Reps, Most Of Us Already Bought Up Our Fleet Stuff, Got Doffs Bought, Just Kind Of Stuck Behind A Time Wall Over The Next Few Weeks Here To Finish Up:)

Not All Of Us Looked At T6 As Fed Only Club, I Saw T6 As A Great Chance To Move Over To The Klingon Faction Now That All The Old T5 Ships Are Done For (for The Most Part)

I Have Played Primary Fed For 3-4 Years? I Think, So Im Good- Time To Try Something Different:) I Wont Be Going Back To Fed Ever Again

You Will Pay For Your Defection!!!!! You Willlllll Payyyyyyyyyyy I Will Blow You Out Of The Stars!!!!
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited February 2015
    Phasers are very good to PVP as they are now.
    At least a couple of tac use them and they are very good.

I was pondering to upgrade an alternative phaser set myself at a moment.
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U