test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Hodos Shuttle course

gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
This had the potential to be an extremely fun and popular patrol mission.However playing this mission is far from that.because there is no camera lock so it stays facing forward.You just can't stay on track.when you are trying to adjust your camera you fly off course.To fix this so that this is a more enjoyable mission and so you have a chance to break the course record I suggest that maybe once you fly through a check point the next one becomes a target lock this way the camera will center on it,Or they could add an option to lock camera forward for shuttles.
Post edited by gholendhor on

Comments

• Options
    dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    Or they could add an option to lock camera forward for shuttles.

I wouldn't mind an option like that for all ship. And I agree, that patrol would be great if you didn't have to bother with the camera the whole time.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I think you CAN adjust camera behavior in the options menu.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You left out "sucks" in the title. :D

This forum raged when "Night of the comet" came out over its course, so much it was changed. I don't think it did over this. Wonder if the player base changed or I just missed the flames.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I thought when I saw this, oohh cool, but then tried it and found that the full impulse toggle isn't all that accurate and to get a good time.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I find it to be fairly easy. Haven't beaten the record, but I've come close quite a few times. And I don't go off the track that often. (Though the first time I tried it, I was a mess. :P)
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    +CamMouseLook and +CamTurnToFace should make it work. I also have free camera. This way you can steer your ship with your mouse, just as you do on ground in first person view.

You can set it up in the Option Menu for keybinds, so you don't need to make a keybind.

If you are handy with keybinds, you can also try ++CamMouseLook and ++CamTurnToFace. I have it and these feature are now toggles, so you don't need to hold down a key/button all the time.

Best time 129. Love the mission, hate the shoot out at the end. Why is it that we always have to fight? Because all of this combat, I don't have time to get interested in the story.
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Holding down the Right Mouse button enables camera look with the mouse. Holding both means turning towards that direction.
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You CAN lock the camera actually. I forget which menu its under but all you do is change the camera from free target to one of the other options. One will auto rotate forward, the other locks it behind you so you look forward from behind your ship.
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bazag wrote: »
    Holding down the Right Mouse button enables camera look with the mouse. Holding both means turning towards that direction.

This right here is the easiest way to do the course without shifting settings back and forth.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I did it just yesterday.
    Minor course corrections I do with the mouse.
    for some of the harder turns I user WASD keys while using Q and E for throttle controI.
    I fly the whole course at full impulse and just regulate the speed for the turns if necessary.

I don't use evasive maneuvers, allthough for teh really long stretches that might help sqeezing out a few more seconds. But you should know the track for that really well to not overshoot a sudden sharp turn.
    Getting back on track once you missed a goal is a pain.

Of my 3 runs my end results were somewhere around 180 on first try and then followed by 119 and 121.
    So I beat Paris`time twice without much problem.

It's a shame there is no Hot Shot accolade or extra reward for achieving this or even at least the game remembering your own best time.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vawlkus wrote: »
    You CAN lock the camera actually. I forget which menu its under but all you do is change the camera from free target to one of the other options. One will auto rotate forward, the other locks it behind you so you look forward from behind your ship.
    There's a setting in the options menu to make it so that the camera default is to point at your ship's tail pipe.

I actually have it that way be default since I like it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bazag wrote: »

I always steer in flight with both mouse buttons held down. It took a while to get used to the course, but once I did, I could go through at full impulse the whole way with rarely a mistake.

15n4ozp.jpg

That time is my best yet, with a Peregrine at full impulse the whole way, no Evasive Maneuvers or any other special abilities, and a Mk XII [Full]x2 impulse engine.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.