test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions on equipping the Delta Flyer

sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Federation Discussion
So yestarday I bought Delta Flyer shuttle. It was a pretty hard choice since Yellowstone is also very good and Peregrine fighter was tempting option too :D However, that dillema was gone after realizing that Delta Flyer has the best looking design of them all, and there's that second boff station too.

Having that resolved, I'm wondering what should I equip it with.

Which warp cores would be the best?
Which impulse engines should I put on it?
What weapons would be the best for it?
And what consoles would be ideal for it?

I have noticed long ago that it is actually possible to equip shuttle (I have Danube Runabout) with standard sized warp cores, impulse engines, weapons and other stuff. So I guess advanced or elite fleet warp core would be the best option when it comes to ships power and warp propulsion. As for impulse those would be Advanced or Elite combat hyper-impulse engines. When it comes to weapons the best choice is omni-directional beam array (preferably phaser because I want to be as closer to canon as possible) and quantum torpedo laucher would be the best secondary weapon. When it comes to consoles it is really hard to decide which ones should I put, because of only 3 console slots (1 tac, 1 eng and 1 sci) so I'm leaving that to you.

Having explained everything I could, I'll be awating on your advices now :D
FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
SZ1RgUL.jpg
SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
Post edited by sovereign47 on

Comments

• Options
    andykirkhamandykirkham Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Your epic consoles that are gimmicks like 'antimatter spread' or 'rapid fire turret', 'voth kinetic missiles' 'isomagnetic charge' v'ent theta rad' are the best since a traditional console won't really improve the stats on a small craft. If your shields come down, you're pretty much facing a respawn. Using these ability consoles makes you pretty powerful and able to tank/solo and carry your weight in the team. Also makes short work of enemy frigates.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With the limited boff abilities i tried to outfit my delta with as many items that game me more tools to play with as possible. I have the deflector from the aeon time shuttle which gives a disruptor blast(ithink), the engines from yellowstone give a weaker version of eject warp plasma, the shields from the ferengi shuttle give a shield hardness buff to reduce damage taken. Then for the consoles i used whatever ones gave me more abilities to play with as andy suggested.