test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF story

mjaybirdmjaybird Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Klingon Discussion
I think Cryptic killed the KDF being the bad guys with the Dyson Episodes and making them work with the FED. I think they need to be the ones we pick to do Damage and to destroy the FED. Not alll KDF like the fed or want to work with them
Post edited by mjaybird on

Comments

• lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mjaybird wrote: »
    I think Cryptic killed the KDF being the bad guys with the Dyson Episodes and making them work with the FED. I think they need to be the ones we pick to do Damage and to destroy the FED. Not alll KDF like the fed or want to work with them

Amen, its time to destroy the federation once and for all like what the faction intro at te beginning

"I know not of Kahless but his will be GLORIOUS!!"

Gotta love the music in the intro
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well to be fair, the Klingons have bigger factions to take down than the Federation.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    "By the blood of Kahless, it will be GLORIOUS!!"

Fixed that for you. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. ;)

Qapla

one othe thing: I could hardly understand that guy but he was cool!
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
    edited February 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Well to be fair, the Klingons have bigger factions to take down than the Federation.

But the Klingons themselves are rather unstable. They're always fighting themselves to uphold "honor". As if the federation is not a worthy foe!

• horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't like the Klingons as the "bad guy". It simplifies and caricatures them; All black hats and moustache twirling. I like the Klingon Empire recognized as being different than the Federation. I've been part of a discussion on the general discussions board that has been enjoyable so far. It's a bit of a back and forth concerning morality and Federation vs. Klingon conceptions of what that might be. Klingons are too complex to be lumped in with the aliens of the week; They are a counterpoint to the Federations interpretation of the galaxy around them.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We've never really had much of story at all but the only thing that wasn't just a game propaganda you are the bad guys was the fek'ihr story arc. Which the all the federation ones were either deleted/removed or just finished to some degree except for their dominion ds9 region ones those are still unfinished. Makes me wonder even though the paid Michael Dorn for all those VO's if they are going to just delete those too because I can't ever see them finishing up the fek'ihr line unless they are going to do a reputation or something where the federation and the romulans are forced to assist the empire in defeating them. Which that would be a nice change if they were forced to do something for us for a change roflmao.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How are the Klingons "bad guys"?

I see them as being the "other guys". The "not the Federation team" if you will.

Just because someone is in opposition or different doesn't make them bad.
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    um, you slap the codes out of one of their task-force commanders...how worthy is that?

He wanted it. He would of faught alongside his crew if he didn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We've never really had much of story at all but the only thing that wasn't just a game propaganda you are the bad guys was the fek'ihr story arc. Which the all the federation ones were either deleted/removed or just finished to some degree except for their dominion ds9 region ones those are still unfinished. Makes me wonder even though the paid Michael Dorn for all those VO's if they are going to just delete those too because I can't ever see them finishing up the fek'ihr line unless they are going to do a reputation or something where the federation and the romulans are forced to assist the empire in defeating them. Which that would be a nice change if they were forced to do something for us for a change roflmao.

I remember when this story arc came out almost 4 years ago. I was hoping they Fek'lhri were involved with the Iconians somehow. Then they just dropped it and never heard from them again.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It is pretty safe to assume that the Iconians were involved though, all roads lead to them in STO at this point. Plus they seemed pretty ticked off at Qo'nos, choosing to appear there and not on Earth which was also attacked.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    I remember when this story arc came out almost 4 years ago. I was hoping they Fek'lhri were involved with the Iconians somehow. Then they just dropped it and never heard from them again.

I do too, although Fek'Ihr was the "daemon" creature that was the guardian of Klingon Hell, Gre'thor. I really wish that they changed the name of the "demon" creatures and ships to Hurq' and then explain that they and the Eunacians (From TNG games "Future's Past" and "Echoes of the Past") were Iconian servitor races of the Gamma Quadrent.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Yeah I think when I first started this game KDF had just come out. Its funny too when that episode colliseum came out they had reworked the communications if its still the same as last time I did it. It'll say the Fek'ihr are under new leadership but are still in our dimension. Its like some infamous criminal does something evil and then gets 15 mins of fame on the news and then years later is just strolling along and no one bothers to mess with him or her lol.
    Geko didn't want to "Have to do" KDF content anymore. EP's change, Geko Remains.

Yeah its kind of funny if you remember Gozer he once said when certain players said why didn't you make fed content when they released the new first city which we have now. He said "We have to make content for everyone". Kind of sad after time goes on it goes to everyone to whoever just happens to be the majority.
    zipagat wrote: »
    It is pretty safe to assume that the Iconians were involved though, all roads lead to them in STO at this point. Plus they seemed pretty ticked off at Qo'nos, choosing to appear there and not on Earth which was also attacked.

Yeah you would think if the iconians had them as a servant race or even as an ally that they would be breaking down the walls of the universe to come reclaim the homeworld lol. Which with all those useless reps that do not make sense for the KDF fighting the fek'ihr would have made much much much more sense.

Although lets say Cryptic were to actually make content that would make sense with this on going iconian threat... As well as how much the Klingons and the Klingon homeworld was targeted it would seem more personal than their usual tactics. I've always wondered though based on the hiding in subspace issue if the fek'ihr are actually 18% of the iconians. Especially with all those similarities with spiky ship hulls. As well that where some believed they are in another dimension like the sphere builders were so called. If in fact these sphere builders and fek'ihr were just other servant races that specialized in things like time travel and such and that where in the past scientists perceived them as other dimensions when it just could be something as easily explained as subspace conduits.

(If they were to do Klingon content which geko said they weren't would be nice addition to the Delta quadrant if they did a rep or something where the delta quadrant homeworld had like a lost colony kind of deal where no one knows what happened to them and then they find out there is a fek'ihr dyson sphere where they have been taken too lol.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I kinda' hoped that the Fek'Ihri storyline will at a certain point be expanded upon and lead to the Hur'q as was teased at the end of the Fek'Ihri storyline, not the lame Iconians thing again. It had (and still has theoretically) a chance to expand the concepts in game into a new direction rather then the lazy, boring "everything is because of Iconians" approach.

Sadly, seen how making KDF content (which they make once per 2+ years, if we're lucky) is such a burden for them even when they aren't making any, I'm pretty sure that if we ever see the Fek'Ihri again they will be a part of regurgitated cross-faction Iconians concept. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    (If they were to do Klingon content which geko said they weren't would be nice addition to the Delta quadrant if they did a rep or something where the delta quadrant homeworld had like a lost colony kind of deal where no one knows what happened to them and then they find out there is a fek'ihr dyson sphere where they have been taken too lol.

Actually there is a Klingon colony in the Delta Quadrant. The Feds have several Kuvah'magh missions but now that we have access to the Delta Quadrant we should also have access to the Klingon colony, shouldn't we? It should even be the KDF's base of operations. I want to know what happened to those Klingons.

Cryptic has a great opportunity to do Klingon content that could be available to all factions. It could reunite the Kuvah'magh with those Klingons.

And what if the Hurq's were actually at war with the Iconians?

Since there was evidence of at least one Hurq' planet in the Gamma Quadrant in Deep Space Nine maybe when we have access to that area of the Galaxy we will meet them again.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Explain that to Geko. He's the guy who used the term "Monster Play" to describe the KDF, and announced in his joy that they "Wouldn't have to make KDF exclusive content Anymore!"

(as if they'd done much of that regularly anyway!)

Really makes you want to spend money on the Klingon side of the game, doesn't it?:mad:
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited February 2015
    Then they just dropped it and never heard from them again.

its a cryptic way of doing business for sure.....

R.I.P
    edited February 2015
    EP's change, Geko Remains.

There is a really horrible, horrible , horrible bad joke that could be said.. but I have vented my frustrations over the KDF enough today.
    Cryptic had a great opportunity and the pickled finger of Fate, plus some poor business choices (this being the opinion of at least 16% of the playerbase) they wasted a great opportunity to make the pinnacle of faction based MMOs and make WOW TRIBBLE itself.

Its a sad story often retold in the forums.

R.I.P