test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF Has Better DOff Missions!

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
While dusting off an Alt on the Kdf side I discovered that they have way better DOff missions generating tons of Commodities and prisoners for Dill along with multiple "turn in prisoners for Dill" missions.
Post edited by thlaylierah on

Comments

• czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    and you dicovered it NOW ? it is true from dawn of doffs system.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well...better late then never I suppose?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Because the Federation slaps people on the hand and sends them home without lunch. They don't take prisoners and then dump them on a frozen moon to mine until death parts them from the ore. They also don't ambush freighters and pillage outposts.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Enjoy it for the next 2 months!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also you can get a lot more dilithium and cryptic will never ask you to pay for anything.
    They release bad ships once a year.
    Your zen can just build up.

So the kdf is the ultimate f2p experience.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Enjoy it for the next 2 months!

What Happens in Two Months?
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2015

It gets nerfed. Because of metrics... and of course stupid threads like those.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    not completly sure sicne kdf is so underpopulated so it can fall under radar, but yeah threads like this just bring unwanted attention.
    so just play kdf and be silent, and posibly cerate more kfd chars so we will have bigger chance for new kdf content.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Revamp of sector space.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited February 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    It gets nerfed. Because of metrics... and of course stupid threads like those.
    czertik123 wrote: »
    not completly sure sicne kdf is so underpopulated so it can fall under radar, but yeah threads like this just bring unwanted attention.
    so just play kdf and be silent, and posibly cerate more kfd chars so we will have bigger chance for new kdf content.

I'm pretty sure mine isn't the first post about this subject as I remember posts about the superior amounts of Contraband harvestable by the KDF.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Petty much the only reason why I have a KDF alt...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• n00b1001n00b1001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While dusting off an Alt on the Kdf side I discovered that they have way better DOff missions generating tons of Commodities and prisoners for Dill along with multiple "turn in prisoners for Dill" missions.

Oh no, KDF has fun. Nerf it to death. Nobody enjoys KDF. Never. Ever.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wait until you get into the Delta areas. After making a "treaty" with the Feds. You no longer get the really good KDF ones.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited February 2015
    The dil was good during the dil bonus... but I probably got at least as much doing the Undine Battlespace. It is nice to double dip on the dil grind, of course.

Yeah, you get Prisoners (which can clog up your Mission Log if you get too many) and Commodities (which definitely clog up inventory). Prisoners convert into Dil or Latinum, and I keep a rare Vorta Prisoner on hand for the occasional Interrogation missions (especially since I haven't gotten level 60 yet).

The Commodities thing kind of stinks when you're well into space & a ton of Missions wrap up, and then your inventory becomes overflowing with junk Provisions & Medical Supplies.

Still, it's more fun than Fed DOffing.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    KDF doffing is 17x more fun than it is for Feds. Expect it to get nerfed in the future. Enjoy it while it lasts.
  • alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't hate kdf because they get better doff missions. Seriously, it's like the only thing they get.
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since the bull*hit peace treaty, my doffs raiding outposts and freighters is like Fed doffs doing the exploration ;)

I hope some s*it happens in Delta, and Jmpok snaps out of his madness...
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just because it isn't the first doesn't mean it is not stupid.

Feds don't raid or deal in contraband hence the lack of such missiong for that faction.
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited February 2015

true, on the contriband and prisoners, and once you buy a ship you get an endless supply of plasmonic leech

but

these things have apparently not been much of an incentive

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065123-star-trek-online-5-year-anniversary-infographic

kdf is sitting at 16% and if you include kdf-roms it's probably 18-19%

that's a staggering difference

kdf also has less ships, which I'm fine with - parsing through fed ship lists is the worst, too many to choose from, but the artwork is nice

kdf also has less content I believe, I remember playing through fed side, it was like walking through all the tv episodes

but I imagine creating kdf content is difficult, lets face it, they vital and important and the original main villain, but are secondary characters in the show

but ... with the rise of thug-diplomacy again (russia) perhaps there will be some more development inspiration for klingons
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    KDF doffing is 17x more fun than it is for Feds. Expect it to get nerfed in the future. Enjoy it while it lasts.

well, one would think so

but

it's not used/abused by people, probably only 18% of captains are kdf

so

it would be like nerfing something that's seldom used

no upside

only downside
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First Rule of Contraband Club ... you don't talk about Contraband Club ...
    it's not used/abused by people, probably only 18% of captains are kdf

No different than the "evil Mark Hoarding", that just got nerfed ... "Abuse" is what Cryptic tells you ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Fun...in STO...ON THE KDF SIDE??!!

*A computerised female voice starts talking *

Nuclear Nerf Launch Detected impact in

Delta Rising is the best expansion ever , and the players love

Have a nice Day :)

*The nerf hits and the fun KDF Doff missions dissapear*
    edited February 2015
    n00b1001 wrote: »
    Oh no, KDF has fun. Nerf it to death. Nobody enjoys KDF. Never. Ever.

I don't want it nerfed I want in on it on my other factions!
    decronia wrote: »
    Just because it isn't the first doesn't mean it is not stupid.

Feds don't raid or deal in contraband hence the lack of such missiong for that faction.

But they could do something else that gives them the equivalent rewards or would that be impinging on the KDF's uniqueness like Feds having cloaks?
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2015

belive me, it doesn't worth what feds have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What?! Someone playing STO and having fun while doing so? How dare you! The audacity! I cannot believe the sheer gall it takes to do something like this and then come in here to brag about it!

You're in big trouble, mister. Big trouble! When Geko reads this, he's gonna go ballistic! The game's gonna get nerfed so hard, even your great aunt Matilda's funeral won't have a nanogram of fun left it!

Get yer butt back over to Argala and start grinding again with the rest of the untermenshen, err... players!
    And I mean right now!

Fun while playing STO! Whoever heard of such a crazy idea? Kids these days... :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    edited February 2015
    LOL, it wasn't THAT fun.

I was just surprised at the rewards.
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, Feds have Diplomacy and get warm fuzzy feelings from talking, KDF get Marauding and gain profit/contraband from taking what is rightfully theirs (because they were able to take it from whomever...). Feds still have some missions that also give them diplomacy CXP and one that gives that plus 480 dilithium without ever having to fire a shot (rescue deferi prisoners), while kdf have no missions that give marauding CXP and can do the same deferi mission but have to kill all the breen to get credit and the 480 dilithium reward and no marauding CXP.

Doffing for the KDF is the last little bit of immersion we still have. We go to do anything since, well, a long time back, and the "agnostic" missions treat us like we are all feds, with occasional (but not often) changed wording. In the DR storyline if I act like a Klingon I get criticized by a former borg for doing what the mission requires I do...WTF? If you want to play a Fed and have all the shinies that Cryptic throws out there for you (including most things the KDF once had), play a Fed and deal with the doff missions you have. If you enjoy the KDF doff missions, then play a KDF character and make due with the rest of what we have to offer and enjoy the game more.
    edited February 2015
    xablis wrote: »
    Doffing for the KDF is the last little bit of immersion we still have. We go to do anything since, well, a long time back, and the "agnostic" missions treat us like we are all feds, with occasional (but not often) changed wording. In the DR storyline if I act like a Klingon I get criticized by a former borg for doing what the mission requires I do...WTF? If you want to play a Fed and have all the shinies that Cryptic throws out there for you (including most things the KDF once had), play a Fed and deal with the doff missions you have. If you enjoy the KDF doff missions, then play a KDF character and make due with the rest of what we have to offer and enjoy the game more.

Yeah, well put. Oddly enough as it sounds it feels fun and klingon-ish to run around and set the marauding doff missions and other sorts of tough-guy missions. They are a good reflection of the sphere/genre I made the character for. And reward is a part of that. I'd be sorry to see it get re-orged for whatever reason, especially when the game is so biased to fed.

Anyone fed-side actively complaining about this (I believe) is a bad influence on the conversation about this game. It's like "ok, I have 80% of all the cookies but that's not enough, give me 90/100!!!". ((((op doesn't appear to be doing this, just having a hey-look-at-this moment, but I'm sure some people would))))
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a pretty good rule of thumb. The KDF has the fun while the Feds have the numbers.

All those outfits and the Feds still want Orion clothes.

Ships on ships on ships Fedside and most of them are dirt next to the KDF lineup.

All that Sector Space to fly around in for doff missions and the KDF gets the better ones.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kdf is sitting at 16% and if you include kdf-roms it's probably 18-19%
    And once you discount the KDF-side Fed alts that exist only for harvesting contraband, it's probably more like 6%.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle