test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is this "unique" ship material?

officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
So all my toons have gotten this "unique" ship material option to use on any of their ships that I didn't used to have, maybe happened a few months ago. I'm not a 900 day veteran so its not that material unless its a mistake.

Can anyone shed some light on this newish addtl material i have, achieved or earned?

Thanks
Post edited by officerbatman81 on

Comments

• timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So all my toons have gotten this "unique" ship material option to use on any of their ships that I didn't used to have, maybe happened a few months ago. I'm not a 900 day veteran so its not that material unless its a mistake.

Can anyone shed some light on this newish addtl material i have, achieved or earned?

Thanks

Sounds like you purchased a fleet ship. They come with an extra hull material that is highly detailed, shiny metal type with a fine aztec pattern.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Sounds like you purchased a fleet ship. They come with an extra hull material that is highly detailed, shiny metal type with a fine aztec pattern.

Nope. Unless it's in error, no fleet ships for me, not even joined up. Your description sounds good though, shiny metalic.

All of my toons have it for EVERY type of ship including the breen ones, my mat'ha, dyson....
  • annahannah Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Could be the upgrade material.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    annah wrote: »
    Could be the upgrade material.

Elaborate please?

Then wouldn't show on T5-U's only? It's on my T6 Mat'ha and Sarr Theln and the Samsar I believe.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From what I can see with the T6 ship I have unpacked it comes with a unique skin to that ship only, though this is only for the carrier so far haven't flown the Kobali cruiser yet. If you see it on other ships then it seems to apply to all T6 ships. The same applies to fleet ships each one has it's own unique look.

Upgrade materials only appear on the ships that have been upgraded. Which is a shame as I would like to use the Scim upgrade material on my alien ships just to make out they have been adapted by the RR.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    T6 ships automatically come with their 'upgrade' material. T5 ships get them by being upgraded to T5U.

They're typically more reflective and colored towards their representative faction(Starfleet get a dark Gunmetal, KDF get a dark Crimson, Romulans get a rich Viridian, Voth get green lights and an emerald hull, Breen go reflective gunmetal with iridescent glows, etc.).