Install Arc

Server Downtime 02-19-2015

Comments

• krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Post redacted
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Must res... "Best patch ever, and the players love it, the metrics not so much though..." :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    There's little point to head-banging, if there's one thing I can say for certain, it's always best to do something else and let the tech team get stuff up and running again as they always do.

It's healthy to vent. ;)
  • cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the update, Smirk, the progress report IS appreciated, in spite of all the rage being spouted on these forums. After all, the player base's favorite pastime IS bashing STO.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Current ETA is 3PM PDT, two hours from now, when this message is posted.
    Well, that really sucks.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Hope that's a "Scotty" estimate you were given. XD
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Our Dev team is working to reinitialize the servers, and get Holodeck back up and running.

We will update you further with more news as we get communiqu
    :D
  • griffin81griffin81 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Our Dev team is working to reinitialize the servers, and get Holodeck back up and running.

• ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They will have this game back up and running in time for the MLB All-Star game.
    edited February 2015
    GEEZ!!! Why can't your monkeys work faster!!!!! :mad: :P

Someone's holding the bananas hostage.
    ejg2k10 wrote: »

The what?
  • ninjazinsideninjazinside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2 Hours to go, I reiterate what I stated, think about giving out a small gift to all existing players, something that does not induce game play advantages, merely cosmetic or something that people can use to get whatever they want (To a degree, not saying give out 12000 Zen lol) Just an idea, you guys would know what best to give out as an apology :) Actions are louder then words :)
  • spikeydoo422spikeydoo422 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just don't know about this game anymore, and I wonder if it's worth the ever-mounting frustration. A magically-rearranging power tray, Boffs who desert their posts, Doffs who disappear from active rosters, glitchy missions, and sometime in the past month I'm pretty sure that about 10 million EC disappeared from one of my char's bank accounts. The list is seemingly endless.
    In one week I have gone from considering the purchase of yet another T6 ship, to wondering if this game is even worth the monthly sub fee.
    I suppose though, that as KDF and KDF-aligned Rom player, I should, by now, be used to being treated like a second-class citizen. =(

Spikey
    =(

*Note the not smiling face.
  • crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now it's another 2 hours before server is back up, so total downtime today is approaching 10 hours...

Time to another game to invest time etc in,
  • empkahlessempkahless Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If it took 2 hours for my computer or server to boot up, I think it's time to retire the old APPLE IIe your running the servers on. Just sayin........
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    The what?

The American version of Rounders... ;)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Edit wrong quote

You realise that for the past weeks EU players have not be able to play on Thursdays? Your always patching during EU prime time.... A compensation might be nice...... 3hours wth did you guys do.... I won't be able to do my dailys now, thanks.... :mad:
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well bed time for some. Ah well I should have set up longer DOFF missions. Think of the lost metrics and all those traces I can't grind.

erm Smirk I think it might be an idea for you to go and edit this thread:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1380661
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    in 2 hours?
    you must be kidding?

patch days get longer and longer meanwhile
    why dont you simply shut down the server for the entire day each thursday?

well, no... i have a better solution -> test the damn TRIBBLE before you release it!
  • cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2 Hours to go, I reiterate what I stated, think about giving out a small gift to all existing players, something that does not induce game play advantages, merely cosmetic or something that people can use to get whatever they want (To a degree, not saying give out 12000 Zen lol) Just an idea, you guys would know what best to give out as an apology :) Actions are louder then words :)

How about the accolade: Survivor of Patch Day 2/19/2015?
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Updated ETA for Holodeck is now 3PM PDT. We will continue to update our feed with news as it happens. Thanks for your patience everyone!"

From Facebook....

Ok so no STO for me today then :mad: Seriously this is getting boring now!
    JtaDmwW.png
  • ninjazinsideninjazinside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fudgemonk wrote: »
    You realise that for the past weeks EU players have not be able to play on Thursdays? Your always patching during EU prime time.... A compensation might be nice...... 3hours wth did you guys do.... I won't be able to do my dailys now, thanks.... :mad:
    Yup rather annoying indeed bud, a lot of games do their updates etc. during EU prime time, because most of the companies that host/run these games are Asia/America based :/
  • ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lets go play ps4
  • dalgrim2dalgrim2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After going Gold 84 days ago, this is the 2nd time I have cancelled my subscription in a fit of frustration. I love the game when it works and especially the community, but I refuse to financially support a game that is broken and a company that charges such outlandish prices for in-game items.
    Pro-tip: The free-to-play game model is most profitable with MICRO-transactions, not MACRO-transactions.
    The cost of most ships is more than DLC for other games! Maybe you should make a new mini-game to play when the servers are down, to count how many times you see the words "buyer's remorse" in the forums in an alotted time. I would love to see this game prosper beyond 2015, but at the rate things are going it looks like that may be a pipe dream.
    edited February 2015
    The American version of Rounders... ;)

I still don't follow...
    cdnhawk wrote: »
    How about the accolade: Survivor of Patch Day 2/19/2015?

YES! So much yes! LOL
  • fecoka71fecoka71 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    It's healthy to vent. ;)

Yes ;)

It is also healthy to understand it's only a pastime and doesn't do jack to expedite getting the servers up any faster, which is physically beyond any of our powers to accomplish.

At least we're keeping healthy. :D
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yup rather annoying indeed bud, a lot of games do their updates etc. during EU prime time, because most of the companies that host/run these games are Asia/America based :/

Sorry mate I quoted the wrong post. :D
  • elqannaelqanna Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ejg2k10 wrote: »

That's what happens when you have Pakled's in charge of game and server maintenance!!!!! :eek: