test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Downtime 02-19-2015

Comments

• mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I appreciate the fact that Smirk and sometimes Trendy posts to let us know there is a problem but perhaps some people might be a bit more sympathetic if there was a proper reason given rather than something about dead tribbles or server hamsters!

Either way I hope it's fixed soon and I'll just listen to some music and kick back!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hydjohydjo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    STO Development Team - It is time to come clean with the player base. The only function this laughable MMO now serves is money acquisition. Your new content is pathetic at best, when it bothers to work. Every patch you create slows the game and causes immeasurable new glitches. Your response to all of the complaints is always the same - Look Zen is on sale, here is a new ship buy zen and buy it.

Take the mass amounts of money you made from Delta Rising (WORST MMO EXPANSION EVER) as well as all of the other holiday and lockbox events, and invest in true programming talent. It continues to amaze me that to this day, the only fixes you ever are able to make, takes away from the game playing experience. So keeping with that logic, please break the game. If fixing in your world equates the TRIBBLE you provide us week after week, please break the game like you have never broken anything before.

You Just are terrible at this.

Wow! I have been away from game for a few years I bought two lifetime subscriptions during beta. I have just recently came back.. Yea this game is not perfect.. never have seen one that was.. but really I have enjoyed every MMO I have played. STOL has been one of the best in my opinion. I am primarily a PVE type. I think Delta Rising has been great fun. I think STOL is heading in the right direction as far as being able to customize ships, weapons, abilities ect. I really hope that STOL will be here for many more years... one thing I really like about STOL is the many events you guys put on... I think the shuttle weekend is going to be a blast... am really looking forward to it.. meantime... I'll watch another episode of Star Trek Enterprise wile I wait for the servers to come back up.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    haubrock wrote: »
    No seriously, If they do not have the money to pay enough manpower to fix those servers they kind of misscalculated when starting a free2play game...

No seriously, If they do not have the money to pay for good servers, they kind of suck...

what do you think they do with all the money they earn with ship sales and all the other zen stuff?
    -> big part goes into paying voice actors

server hardware... and hosting is cheap these days
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    canavet wrote: »
    I just downloaded STO yesterday for the first/second time. By that I mean I had to uninstall/re-install the game to make it work. So far I have been disconnected multiple times from the server, can't get a mission to work right, even after walk throughs on it, and now this fiasco with the maintenance. And I was seriously checking this game out with the intent of giving up my 2+ year subscription on another MMO in favor of this game.

And who the heck puts in a time limited ban, right from the start, on posting new threads??? I can't even ask a simple question in your academy forum for the purpose of leaning this game.

I'm starting to reconsider.

They do TRIBBLE up a lot and it's unfortunate that you came here at a time when it's at its worst, but I can assure you the game is worth playing and sticking with, although I wouldn't advise a sub at the moment- the F2P system is very generous so you can have almost everything without paying if you're willing to do some grinding.

Normally the problems aren't this bad.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mjarbar wrote: »
    I appreciate the fact that Smirk and sometimes Trendy posts to let us know there is a problem but perhaps some people might be a bit more sympathetic if there was a proper reason given rather than something about dead tribbles or server hamsters!

Either way I hope it's fixed soon and I'll just listen to some music and kick back!

thats like giving away state secrets to the enemy with cryptic to the customer in effect. why would they do such a thing? :P

but anyways, enough of that.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mr. Smirk, I appreciate your cheerful demeanor. It's probably the American way, always with a smile, and 'Have a nice day!' I'm European, though. Usually, when we TRIBBLE up, we display said mistake in the way we portray ourselves. I am hoping -- though I'm not seeing it -- that someone at Cryptic/PWE will feel some professional shame over having a near full-workday long outage (7 hours, and counting). And that someone at Cryptic/PWE will realize that this is really not acceptable.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ninjazinsideninjazinside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Careful or Scotland might declare independence after all. ;)
    Touchy subject bud! If they want to go they can go in my opinion. Would cripple themselves since most of the income of the UK is centered in Birmingham and London!
  • haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    swatop wrote: »
    what do you think they do with all the money they earn with ship sales and all the other zen stuff?
    -> big part goes into paying voice actors

server hardware... and hosting is cheap these days

So they indeed mismanage their income...
  • ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :mad::rolleyes::confused:
  • plvoyplvoy Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So I called my ISP, demanding to play STO (as suggested in every Ticket about connectivity issues), they were very helpful and understanding. Turns out my Connection works though..........................................................
    =/\= Redacted =/\=
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    plvoy wrote: »
    So I called my ISP, demanding to play STO (as suggested in every Ticket about connectivity issues), they were very helpful and understanding. Turns out my Connection works though..........................................................

Oh no, it's never Cryptic's fault...
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    last I heard 40 mins till we have an update on the situation or its fixed *shrugs* I wanted to get my daily for Q done again today only 120 more Qmendations to get the Kobali cruiser. Oh well I'll check again in an hour, I have the xbox and Steam to kick butt somewhere else :)

Thanks for the info, ill just continue watching football. To bad my team already played their match,
  • dolphin63dolphin63 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hydjo wrote: »
    Wow! I have been away from game for a few years I bought two lifetime subscriptions during beta. I have just recently came back.. Yea this game is not perfect.. never have seen one that was.. but really I have enjoyed every MMO I have played. STOL has been one of the best in my opinion. I am primarily a PVE type. I think Delta Rising has been great fun. I think STOL is heading in the right direction as far as being able to customize ships, weapons, abilities ect. I really hope that STOL will be here for many more years... one thing I really like about STOL is the many events you guys put on... I think the shuttle weekend is going to be a blast... am really looking forward to it.. meantime... I'll watch another episode of Star Trek Enterprise wile I wait for the servers to come back up.

lol

No exaggeration. This post really did have me laughing out loud.
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hydjo wrote: »

Geesh this "STOL" sounds great! I hope it will be released soon! :D
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • fecoka71fecoka71 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If Cryptic has ANY respect for the players they should announce in detail after every delay/breakdown:
    1. What caused the delay/breakdown.
    2. What they will do to prevent it from happening again. (Including firing the incompetent employees.)
  • zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Touchy subject bud! If they want to go they can go in my opinion. Would cripple themselves since most of the income of the UK is centered in Birmingham and London!

Wow wow careful pal, maste of your money goes to us buying our oil, ok it might no last but it's fun while we have it XD
    :D
    edited February 2015
    Paddle faster.... I hear Banjos
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is the Cryptic side of TRIBBLE up. STO dev team can't do anything about it. :/ Neverwinter is up, but their chat server is down ATM. They should really get someone else to host their servers with all the unscheduled downtime recently. Make enough noise on external social media streams and they will listen. Complaining on the forums is not as effective since people always complain on here.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
    edited February 2015
    Wow wow careful pal, maste of your money goes to us buying our oil, ok it might no last but it's fun while we have it XD
    Just being honest the UK is a service nation I don't like it either but we don't have enough of the valuable industries anymore xD maybe in a few years/decade or more Edinburgh and Glasgow will be able to sustain Scotland but right now they just are not at that point, I honestly don't mind if Scotland decides to be independent I just personally believe in a One-World State, we should stand united as a species not divided as we are. Shows weakness to those aliens that must be out there *Looks around psychotically*
  • fecoka71fecoka71 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh yes: Please Cryptic, don't thank us for our patience. There is none left. There was. Lots. But you used it all up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sad thing is, this sort of thing hardly ever happened when Cryptic ran City of Heroes...
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just wanted to say as a free to play member I enjoy the game very much and would love to jump on the rant wagon right now becasue its annoying but In my experince I find the game fun and I cant threaten not to buy more zen because I know I will its just to tempting. Just want to say in case any developers do read this and think OMG they all hate us ... I dont and I'm sure theres a lot less vocal people who don't either so good luck to the Devs/Techs fixing the problems and meh I make mistakes at work all the time. But I am eager to get that kobali Sheild haha

GOOD LUCK

With you on that.

These rant threads come up every time the servers a down, that's why forum mods no longer leave maintenance threads open for discussion so this stuff doesn't get mixed up in there as it used to.

There's little point to head-banging, if there's one thing I can say for certain, it's always best to do something else and let the tech team get stuff up and running again as they always do.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ejg2k10 wrote: »
    Paddle faster.... I hear Banjos

But I promised my family a fun time tonight with guests. You don't want to upset my family do you?
    edited February 2015
    fecoka71 wrote: »
    If Cryptic has ANY respect for the players they should announce in detail after every delay/breakdown:
    1. What caused the delay/breakdown.
    2. What they will do to prevent it from happening again. (Including firing the incompetent employees.)

I agree 2000%
  • prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2015

:D:D:D:D etc...

Just laughing so hard at that one. It's nice when people comment who don't have a clue.

But on topic, not again. :/
  • kruge41kruge41 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    You're supposed to listen to the tech guy on the phone until he has finished. You got to the "turning it off part" but missed the "turn it back on again" part. Now have you checked to make sure it is plugged in at the socket and the switch is in the on position? The biggest reason for things not working according to a tech support gal I know.

Either that or someone forgot to put 50p in the meter at the server farm.

As compensation for this I think we should all get a full stack of red, yellow and blue traces on each of our characters (now wait and see how many quote that bit and ignore this bit which is saying I am joking) :eek:

very funny laughed my socks (someone forgot to put 50p in the meter at the server farm.) its so true,,,but its come for me to dread maintinace Thursday as down time and server issues getting out of hand ,devs should switch to a monthly update and take game off line for a full day ,and get things right 1st time ,r.i.p hamsters:P
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Our Dev team is working to reinitialize the servers, and get Holodeck back up and running.

Current ETA is 3PM PDT, two hours from now, when this message is posted.

We will update you further with more news as we get communiqu
  • zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just being honest the UK is a service nation I don't like it either but we don't have enough of the valuable industries anymore xD maybe in a few years/decade or more Edinburgh and Glasgow will be able to sustain Scotland but right now they just are not at that point, I honestly don't mind if Scotland decides to be independent I just personally believe in a One-World State, we should stand united as a species not divided as we are. Shows weakness to those aliens that must be out there *Looks around psychotically*

Haha I agree mate, but I ken Scotland can't sustain its self the now but who knows, maybe in the future when we are all on starships not getting the work done in time XD
    :D
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ejg2k10 wrote: »
    I agree 2000%

It'd be nice if it happened, but will it? Doubtful.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
    edited February 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    With you on that.

These rant threads come up every time the servers a down, that's why forum mods no longer leave maintenance threads open for discussion so this stuff doesn't get mixed up in there as it used to.

There's little point to head-banging, if there's one thing I can say for certain, it's always best to do something else and let the tech team get stuff up and running again as they always do.
    You equally have to allow people to criticize your work or you lose your integrity, and that influences people quite a bit. I don't think this is that terrible I'm not ranting, just gave a bit of advice for what's going on :)