test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No More Chat Service In-Game

thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
From today's maintenance thread
However, Chat service will remain offline until further notice.

REALLY, not even an ETA on when chat will be back? Just, no chat, offline till further notice... that sounds long term, not short term....... WHY I ask, WHY?

I guess they really are forcing us to PUG STFs now
Post edited by thedoctorbluebox on

Comments

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Given ESD I doubt it will be missed.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    Given ESD I doubt it will be missed.

Except that it is ALL chat service, not just Zone.

I was in-game before it went offline again, and all chat service was disabled, every channel.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm pretty sure its the same across every PWE game.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For the love of... it'll probably be a few hours tops, it just means they haven't quite got it working yet but didn't want to keep the entire game down until they figure it out.
    edited February 2015
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Uh, fleet chats? Themed chat channels?

All gone?

Yes, all chat was disabled.
    edited February 2015
    Hmmm I am suddenly thinking "Get your chat access for 500 zen and 100dil per post" in my head. Maybe I shouldn't give them ideas :D
    adamkafei wrote: »

No suprise there.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I suppose all the people laughing about the lack of in-game chat are the ones who don't have friends in-game to chat to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited February 2015
    For the love of... it'll probably be a few hours tops, it just means they haven't quite got it working yet but didn't want to keep the entire game down until they figure it out.

I can't believe it died, or broke, from a simple patch Thursday update. WTF Cryptic.

And no ETA doesn't fill me with confidence, "until further notice" sounds long term, like who knows when.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If this is true, that's pretty darn sad. It's like the Devs throwing up their hands in the air, saying "We have no clue either, guys; we're giving up, folks." The term 'unprofessional' leaps to mind.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited February 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    I suppose all the people laughing about the lack of in-game chat are the ones who don't have friends in-game to chat to.

Or making light of a bad situation. It's laugh or cry here and I have ran out of kitchen roll.;)
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    If this is true, that's pretty darn sad. It's like the Devs throwing up their hands in the air, saying "We have no clue either, guys; we're giving up, folks." The term 'unprofessional' leaps to mind.

Cryptic devs have never managed professionalism from my experience.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They probably just knocked a wire loose, but not out, so now they've got to test each of the hundreds of wires connected to the servers to figure out which one it is.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In reference to the OPs avatar... a-hem...

AHHHHHHHHH! THE UNIVERSES ARE COLLIDING!!!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

But seriously... Now I just have to check out those YT guides for STO in your sig.

:)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    They probably just knocked a wire loose, but not out, so now they've got to test each of the hundreds of wires connected to the servers to figure out which one it is.

That wouldn't surprise me, tbh :rolleyes:
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Waitwaitwaitwait... so NO chat in-game.... for an indeterminate amount of time...?

MWAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh, Cryptic… you never cease to amuse me…
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
    edited February 2015
    Not cry, more like this is what we've come to expect so might as well make the best of it, and place bets on what breaks next.

More like take bets on what won't break next. That would make it more interesting.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey Everyone, we're bringing the shard up but the global chat server is still down, which means you wont be able to chat with anyone. I felt it was more important to let people play while we work out this issue. We're currently working on a fix and hope to have something up this afternoon. This won't require additional downtime. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I think this quote states the issue better than what the OP posted.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe all of my fleet will get back onTeam Speak again. Been mighty quiet there compared to the chat channels. That would be good, less typing, more pew, pew. ;)
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In game chat never worked for me had to use Skype. Its free and works better then the game plays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Except that it is ALL chat service, not just Zone.

I was in-game before it went offline again, and all chat service was disabled, every channel.

Yes, why would we want to talk to other players, this is a mmo were new missions are single-person only.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My understanding is that the ywant to update the service and optimize it and that will take a while to do. Or there is a security issue that they cannot fix and do not want people to exploit. Not sure but I bet it will return in short order.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?