What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ajb13 wrote: »
    I just wish they'd pull the plug permanently and put us out of our misery

If you really feel that way, WHY ARE YOU HERE AT ALL?!??
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panta77 wrote: »
    You people (Craptic) are bunch of amateur morons. Every fcking maintenance game is unplayable. Fire all of those morons and hire some decent programers.

Don't you just love the players who sign up to the forums just to rage like this as their first post :D
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panta77 wrote: »
    You people (Craptic) are bunch of amateur morons. Every fcking maintenance game is unplayable. Fire all of those morons and hire some decent programers.
    Wow...

And with that, I'm reminded of a little anecdote:

A CEO was known to say "I only hire people who are smarter than I am, and I expect the same of my employees." Someone one day pointed out to them that that either meant the janitor was a genius or he was a moron...

What that has to do with the current situation, I don't really know.

Ok, back to the quoted post: If you want to call someone a moron, you should probably make sure your post is spelled right and has some halfway readable grammar. By the way, cursing is a rather poor way to convey your frustration, it shows your limited ability to express yourself.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015

"... I almost got this ... , I ALMOST got this , I SO almost got this ... "
  • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I am Imagining that is an MRC card in book form. Even the start up sequence is sailor-proofed in the Navy.

http://ellisbenus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Dennis-Nedry-Jurrasic-Park-Automation-Quote.jpg

A PACA!!!! I LOVE PACAS!!!!

Look at him. LOOK AT HIM!

HE LOOKS LIKE FOOD!!!!

wach out clasified yey only youl end up in top secret jail lol
  • cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Star Trek Offline: Player Rage Rising
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Star Trek is currently offline, we are working to bring it by 1:30 PM (PST), we appreciate your patience.

That will be 10.30 PM here. Well no STO for me today :(
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My best guess is the nerf bat (which has grown to Kaiju size recently)

Accidently toppled over from where the jolly green geko left it. And crushed the poor emancipated hamster force who have stalwartly powered us for these many years.

The hamster force is dead! Long live the hamster force. :-(
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wach out clasified yey only youl end up in top secret jail lol

Huh? :confused:

kamuii2 wrote: »
    Precisely!
    Totally unappreciated in his time.
    radakill wrote: »
    They probably heard of this thing called pneumonia and figured it was just an old wives tale to scare people away from having some REAL fun... so they are out to test that theory.

I was watching outrageous acts of science where they had scientists in Antarctica running around naked outside.

The thing was they started in a 100 degree sauna, then went outside naked for like five minutes they were fine.

The thing is that the air is a poor conductor of heat, so as long as there was no wind and they didn't exert themselves so they started deep breathing the cold air, they were fine. If they touched the snow though, they'd have been screwed because the snow would bleed off their heat rapidly.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    whatever the issue they are having, is affecting all games. Champions and NW is down as well.

Forgive my ignorance... I believe those are all Cryptic games. Does that mean that Cryptic is responsible for the servers or Perfect World Entertainment? Ultimately, some administrator is responsible for overseeing these issues. Either that person is doing a terrible job or the company is not spending a reasonable amount of money on hardware.
    f86cqFw.png
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not talking about an additional server that would be idle most the time. I'm talking about a brand new server to replace their current one.

I've forked over multiple thousands of dollars over the time I've been playing so I know they can afford a nice one.

Cryptic, your server sucks. It always has. Use my money to buy one that actually works.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    he11blade wrote: »
    Either that person is doing a terrible job or the company is not spending a reasonable amount of money on hardware.

I'd suggest both.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I volunteer my trusty Atari 800-XL and Commadore C-64.

you are presuming it hasn't been updated by the way.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shadore wrote: »
    I've forked over multiple thousands of dollars over the time I've been playing

Why would anyone spend so much money on a freakin' game.... That's really beyond me....

Nah, they don't need a new server... they need new people working with those servers.... the current crew is not doing their job very well it seems....
  • fecklorfecklor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, this extended maintenance is happening all too often, not worth my Gold subscription, so I have just cancelled it.

Now I have to watch ****e on TV with the Gf.

Thanks a bunch.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pls, stop posting there or servers will simply crash because they will be overloaded with this one thread.
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why would anyone spend so much money on a freakin' game.... That's really beyond me....

Nah, they don't need a new server... they need new people working with those servers.... the current crew is not doing their job very well it seems....

I like spending money. Look at the sig of the post above yours. So do cats.
  • khanharnkhanharn Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Because some people have good jobs and can afford it.
    Early Access Captain 29/01/10

Kanharn's Memory Alpha.
  • grabnetningrabnetnin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why would anyone spend so much money on a freakin' game....

Because a good Ferengi would capitalize off everything they see and profit elsewhere, even sell t-shirts! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEHHCHcough!heh heh. ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i was considering actually taking my wife out on thursdays....as the game day is FUBAR.

But if by some miracle the server starts running well on thursdays this might set a dangerous precedent....
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

People drop a lot of money on their hobbies and past times. I don't see why anyone would fork over for an iPad when an android tablet can do the job at a lower price and has expandable storage.

One of my friends collects stamps and spent hundreds if not thousands on stamps and expecially the rare one. I don't see why anyone would spend so much on sticky bits of paper, but it is his hobby, he enjoys it and it is his money.

He doesn't see why I would be willing to spend £100+ for a graphics card but doesn't berate me for it.

Let's wonder how much WoW or EvE would have cost if people started when they first came out with initial purchase and subscription. With WoW let's not forget all the expansions too. In this area there are people will ing to spend hundreds for commectors editions.

Horses for courses.
    shadore wrote: »
    I like spending money. Look at the sig of the post above yours. So do cats.

Erm that's a dig at a certain person who said it in relation to the income it made and then went onto repeat it regardless of the problems we were having and not aimed at the devs as some thought.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    who is "you" he talks about?
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    20% weekend lobi sale?
    Seriously?
    This downtime is flipping me off, if it happens once I would understand, twice too but it seems like everytime!
    And what gets fixed? Absolutely nothing!things only get worse!
    Compensation like a free code for a RMC or some free zen would be better!show you really care!:mad:
  • jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pretty soon i'll have to take my wife out to do something.....

get server up..now
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • nwflamewalkernwflamewalker Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jst455 wrote: »
    pretty soon i'll have to take my wife out to do something.....

get server up..now

I am in the same situation