test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When exactly?

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
Mr. Geko, when exactly are we going to get our Dilithium reward back, for filling up bars after we finished the current Command Officer Spec tree? You said so, in the podcast, that restoring this boon was your intention. Today I'll finish Command Officer. So, yeah, I'd like to know when, please. :)
3lsZz0w.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did you really believe him?:eek::rolleyes:
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can imagine the reply a few months later already.

"So, about this Dil reward for completing spec trees. Any ETA on that?"

"Ah, yes well. I know I said it was my intention to add it. And...um, it still is. But it's not. But it is. It's on the list, I can promise you that. But um...no...no it isn't. Maybe after we've added the 5th or 6th specialization tree we can come back to the idea and consider it OK?"
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, this is one thing he's said that he wants to reimplement, that I'm not expecting to see any time soon...

I'm personally waiting to see if, at the end of Feb/early March, that an increase to XP will be forth coming, like he suggested would occur 'around the end of the month'...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Quiet frankly I have been so annoyed with the level progression revamp that came with DR that I they may keep that dil.

Really I don’t want it. It’s like rotten food.

I get 2-2,5k dil/~5mins out of PvE maps while having fun actually. STO still tastes delicious in the right team far far away from Argala (and when you don’t suffer lag, DCs, game client crashes or look for ur bridge officers).

p.s. Always bet on Gecko! ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »

"Ah, yes well. I know I said it was my intention to add it. And...um, it still is. But it's not. But it is. It's on the list, I can promise you that. But um...no...no it isn't. Maybe after we've added the 5th or 6th specialization tree we can come back to the idea and consider it OK?"

Nailed it.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One does not simply ask Geko and expect to get a straight answer in their life time.

Or any other really. :rolleyes:

He could give any politician a run for their money on double speak.

However my guess on when we will see this is after hell freezes over. I will gladly and puiblicly appologise if it happens at all.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Sadly, that feels like a likely scenario.

Still, a man and his word, and all that. And it's not like a complete revamp: all they have to do is toggle that flag to give out the reward again.

And it's not the Dilithium per se I'm interested in. But filling up spec bars, and not getting anything in return, that just feels wrong. Every grind should reward at least *something*, however meagrely.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Considering his past inability to say something publicly and then follow through with it in game as stated, I seriously doubt this time will break the already long established pattern.

Not hatin' on the guy here. It is what it is. Nothing more. Probably cannot help himself at this point.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Cryptic should hire you as Geko's speech writer, because that was dead on.

Geko makes Corporate Lawyers look forthright and honest.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic should hire you as Geko's speech writer, because that was dead on.

Geko makes Corporate Lawyers look forthright and honest.

The thing is - Geko hasn't a speech writer. He's just talking in a more or less informal setting. The coherence of natural speech in such a context is always... limited.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Probably around the same time that the KDF get their promised Negh'var revamp. :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You would have better luck getting a fix for the City Hard area of Defera Invasion Zone, which has been broken for 4 years. 4 YEARS! Sure, Cryptic fixed the thing that Delta Rising broke, but they didn't fix THE ORIGINAL BUG! I mean really. 4 YEARS! A serious, game-breaking bug! 4 YEARS!

Oh, and did I mention that bug has existed for 4 years? Because it has. It has been broken for 4 years.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.