test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Samsar or T-5U Fleet Gal-x Dreadnought?

ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Federation Discussion
I'm a few days away from getting the samsar across my toons, but is it a worthy successor?
My main fed toon is an engineer and I normally pilot tank builds with that toon. My current setup is a Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought (T-5U). It's a high threat generation with 20K+ DPS setup so far.
The dreadnought has 4 tactical console slots and a hangar, the samsar has 1 fewer tac console slots, 1 more science and 1 more science ability at LCDR. Is the samsar a step up in DPS compared to the T-5U dreadnought, or is it a step down? What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by ryakidrys on

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only advantage the T5U Fleet Gal-X has is +1 TAC Console Slot, but when you consider the meager TAC ability counts total for both ships, that doesn't mean much. Because everywhere else, the Samsar is just simply a bit better.

The Samsar has limited access to Command specialization abilities. It caters towards team support, heals, a tad bit of debuffs. It is not as powerful and as flexible as Intel specialization abilities which has some truly nasty +power overcapping, debuffs, disables, offensive abilities. Command has nothing that truly brings some extra powerful offense like Intel. It has the nice Rally Point but it won't help you tank that much better, debuff that well, provide extra firepower that much more. Actually, Command is the weak half-brother of Intel. So depending on what you like to do, Command spec may have appeal to you or not and may be a factor for the Samsar. But even if you don't use Command abilities on the Samsar, you still have:
    + Very heavy ENG ability count, same as Gal-X
    + Same TAC ability count as Gal-X
    + LtCdr SCI station, better than Gal-X
    + Slight Turn advantage over Gal-X
    + Can be acquired for free
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Samsar is a free t6.

t5U GX costs you money.

Get the Samsar in any case, get the GX if you like it. The Samsar mastery traits is free. Get it. No reason to skip it. Go. Now. Ignore everything else.