test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

too many rep powers to choose from

scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
As I see it there are WAY WAY WAY too many rep pwoers and I bet u re already planing the next rep grind for us

still I can only choose 4 gr and space passives out of them

how about you change that: like give us one slot for each rep project

or give us additional rep slots to purchuase from a fleet holding liek the doffslot thingy from, the spire and embassy

while you are at it

its really annoying to change space and ground personal traits back an forth

give us 10 for space and 10 for gr

DARE you to nerf it so we have to put less then 10 of each!!! dare you I say

Its TONS of personal traits with all those boxes

just make it 10 slots gr 10 slots space personal traits
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by scrooge69 on

Comments

• Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No.

That would only further increase the gap between someone who sits there and grinds (or logs in every single day to complete Rep) vs those who play casually. Heaven forbid you actually have to make a conscious decision regarding your build instead of just piling up on everything you can.

4 Passive/4 Active Reputation abilities was introduced as a first step towards curbing the obscene levels of Power Creep. Delta Rising didn't exactly help on that front at all, but changing it now would be a step backwards.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More options = More variety and diversity in builds.

Sure, there will always be those few powers and traits that pretty much everyone will take, but overall the variety of available powers is one of the few things that actually create variety in STO.

Many might not agree, and that's cool.. but personally, I like having to decide what I want and what I just can't fit into my build. I enjoy trying different powers and combinations to see what gives me the best result.

I would personally oppose the elimination of available powers, but I'm in full support of having the ability to slot space and ground traits separately. The current system isn't very intuitive, I play 95% of the game in space and generally leave my Traits set up accordingly. I don't like having them all lumped in together.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    That would only further increase the gap between someone who sits there and grinds (or logs in every single day to complete Rep) vs those who play casually. Heaven forbid you actually have to make a conscious decision regarding your build instead of just piling up on everything you can.
    Heaven forbid playing the game more was actually worth something. :rolleyes:

Getting +1 slot (ground and space) for every completed rep would indeed be better and feel like an actual reward rather than just an ever-growing list of meaningless options.

No, it doesn't require any thought, quite the opposite. When it was +1 trait per tier I had to make a choice between them every time. It was worth it. Now you'll run out of slots after reaching T2 in two reps or T4 in one. As you gain tiers the whole thing quickly decays into a featureless gray mass of more-of-the-same and the game just isn't hard enough to care about that.

When the system was changed I put in the first things that looked like +DPS and have barely even bothered to check what the traits on the new reps are.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Heaven forbid playing the game more was actually worth something. :rolleyes:

Getting +1 slot (ground and space) for every completed rep would indeed be better and feel like an actual reward rather than just an ever-growing list of meaningless options.

No, it doesn't require any thought, quite the opposite. When it was +1 trait per tier I had to make a choice between them every time. It was worth it. Now you'll run out of slots after reaching T2 in two reps or T4 in one. As you gain tiers the whole thing quickly decays into a featureless gray mass of more-of-the-same and the game just isn't hard enough to care about that.

When the system was changed I put in the first things that looked like +DPS and have barely even bothered to check what the traits on the new reps are.

Pretty much this.

Most rep traits have become absolutely pointless, there are a few that are omnipresent because of their benefits but in most cases they don't even matter anymore and it gets worse with each added rep.

If not for the T5 rewards maxing out reps where you don't want it's shield would be comepletely pointless and a waste of time.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This doesn't need to be changed. As others have said, you're supposed to think about your builds/traits/powers and not just have everything slotted all at once, all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would already be happy if we get all space/all ground option with all.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Q forbid you have to make a choice. The horror.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Man, no. The scope of selection we have is good. Besides, a lot of the rep powers suck anyway, you just need to play with them to find the ones you like. Which shouldn't take long.
    -Makbure
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Far too few slots currently. Once, we had 3x or more slots as compared to now. Once, there WERE NO SLOTS, and we got the traits we chose. Period.

It's far too restrictive right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    We should be able to be all captain types at once, no?
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the problem with the traits was highlighted when they introduced the new system... The way the current structure works means that you have a pool of skill available and you choose how they are applied. If this was real life then it would be like a brain surgeon who has to forget one bit of knowledge to complete operation 1 then change again and unlearn for operation 2.... surely if you have learned the skill it should be available full stop..
  • Options
    jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More options = More variety and diversity in builds.

You must be new to computer games...
    Close to always there crytallize 1, maybe 2 or 3 top builds out of it and everybody interested copy pastes them.

There arent that many games where its more obvious that:
    More options = more fail builds

Now 4 slots might be a bit short but its difficult to find a good number.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would appreciate the option to expand the Reputation Trait slots by +1 for every completed T5 Rep (whether it's space or ground based on whether the T5 Active Trait is space or ground: ie. Nukara allows +1 Space Rep Trait slot, whereas Omega allows +1 Ground Rep Trait slot). At an additional cost of Marks and Dil (let's go with 1000 Reputation-specific Marks and 100k Dil).

Everyone can access it; it's only limited by the time-gated factor.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'd like a new weapon slot for every rep weapon I bought too but I doubt that'd ever happen.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The limited number of traits is doing its job: Restricting the Power Creep some, making the player make a choice.

Before, there were zero restrictions and it was stupid. The more reps mastered the more you could slot. If these restrictions were removed now, the game would reach untold levels of insanity in power creep. All you mooks complaining about DPSers doing far too much will be running around with your bodies on fire freaking out what the high end players can do with the trait restrictions removed.
    XzRTofz.gif