test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove the foundry interact buttons for non-active missions

daiphdaiph Member Posts: 149 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Controls and User Interface
As above.

When flying through sector space (purely for example), I'm attempting to use the doff system however, when clicking on pieces of the window, whether it's to change selected doffs or begin assignments, system popups sometimes block this. Mostly, it's a mild irritation and nothing more however with the recent implementation of the foundry, I'm finding that I have to cancel mission considerably more often as the interact buttons on the popup now take up more room. That's fine if I've selected a mission to be 'in progress', but not so much for every available mission which I've not deliberately chosen to start.

I know there are plenty who love the foundry and would like to retain this feature, so including a HUD option to disable it seems reasonable. This would allow system-space doffing to continue without interruption (or at least allow easier window placement to avoid starting missions unintentionally) and let those who wish to simply start a mission in a system do so by de/activating as required.
What everyone buying Zen are really saying while all these bugs are still floating freely:
qHiCsi6.gif
Stop new content until quality returns
Post edited by daiph on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    System pop-ups have always happened like this. Has nothing to do with the foundry. Do not fly near star systems when doffing, easy solution.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    daiph wrote: »
    As above.

When flying through sector space (purely for example), I'm attempting to use the doff system however, when clicking on pieces of the window, whether it's to change selected doffs or begin assignments, system popups sometimes block this. Mostly, it's a mild irritation and nothing more however with the recent implementation of the foundry, I'm finding that I have to cancel mission considerably more often as the interact buttons on the popup now take up more room. That's fine if I've selected a mission to be 'in progress', but not so much for every available mission which I've not deliberately chosen to start.

I know there are plenty who love the foundry and would like to retain this feature, so including a HUD option to disable it seems reasonable. This would allow system-space doffing to continue without interruption (or at least allow easier window placement to avoid starting missions unintentionally) and let those who wish to simply start a mission in a system do so by de/activating as required.

The listing of non-active foundry missions like that is a new feature. And it is one they did announce before they put it live. It is there so that players can see foundry missions they can access from that location. If it annoys you do like I do, and ashkrik23 said, and just don't go near systems while doffing. y own self, I do all my doffing while stationary when I first log in.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • daiphdaiph Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    System pop-ups have always happened like this. Has nothing to do with the foundry. Do not fly near star systems when doffing, easy solution.

Because you manually pilot your ship through sector at all times while doffing... Riiight. I think the underlying point is that the recent change (system popups aren't the issue, the fact they're now near completely unavoidable is) has resulted in an impact that wasn't necessarily foreseen. After all, if they're implementing changes geared towards the foundry, how many people do you think would be thinking about how it affects doffing?

bloodyriz wrote: »
    The listing of non-active foundry missions like that is a new feature. And it is one they did announce before they put it live. It is there so that players can see foundry missions they can access from that location. If it annoys you do like I do, and ashkrik23 said, and just don't go near systems while doffing. y own self, I do all my doffing while stationary when I first log in.

When I say doffing, I don't simply mean clearing completed assignments, I also mean picking up (often location) specific assignments while I travel. Sitting around in each sector while scrolling through assignments is a huge waste of time, even with a ship cruising at Transwarp 20+ (assim engines) I can go through a sectors open listings with time to spare before hitting the border. It makes traveling through sector more worthwhile and also less boring.

As I said previously, I get that there are some people who will love this new feature and the functionality it brings. I'm not one of them, I suspect I'm not alone, and I'm not entirely certain that this is something easily foreseen while it was being developed. What I'd like to see is an option, possibly in the HUD menu, for 'open foundry integration to HUD'. I mean, why not extend the feature to ground maps and open up a foundry inspired Easter egg hunt? Walking by a foundry start point on some backwater map which no one visits except for episodes and foundry? *POP UP*. Unless of course you've disabled it, in which case you can live in blissful ignorance as you get on with whatever it is you're doing without interruption or inconvenience.
    What everyone buying Zen are really saying while all these bugs are still floating freely:
    qHiCsi6.gif
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but when you open a department head, it should act like an open dialog box, preventing any interacts from appearing. Most of the best assignments are in there anyway and personally, I almost never fly without a department head open; can't recall even seeing the new foundry popups at all unless I'm not doffing.
  • daiphdaiph Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ssargon wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but when you open a department head, it should act like an open dialog box, preventing any interacts from appearing. Most of the best assignments are in there anyway and personally, I almost never fly without a department head open; can't recall even seeing the new foundry popups at all unless I'm not doffing.

You are right, if you're looking at Dept. Heads then you don't have popups to contend with however, the 'best' assignments aren't necessarily to be found there. Certainly, sector assignments don't appear with your department head which are most often what I'm looking for and I know I'm not alone in that. Ultimately, the only reason to go into the dept heads individually is when you're looking for specific CXP or, more often in my case on the KDF side of things, looking for specific assignments to lower your reserves of otherwise un-used commodities when they exceed 250 stacks.
    qHiCsi6.gif