test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Back to the Command (RP)

timothyre99timothyre99 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Captain's Table (RP)
Professor Jacob Downy was sitting at his desk when he heard the explosion. Sighing, he stood up and walked into the classroom.
"Okay, what happened this time!" Jake shouted as he emerged from his office. He regretted speaking as soon as he was finished, as the smoke quickly entered his lungs. When he received no reply, he contacted the medical staff.
"An explosion occurred in my room. The cadets were probably messing with the small amount of tritium I keep for labs," Downy said into the com badge, "I'll investigate now." Walking over, he discovers that the explosion had indeed originated from the storage closet. However, whoever had set it off must have scurried away for they were nowhere to be seen. Walking back to his office, Downy started writing his report on the incident. Things were seeming normal until he sat down at his desk and heard the beep of an incoming transmission.
"Captain, how are you?" Admiral Quinn said as Downy answered the hail.
"I haven't been a captain in a long time admiral," Jacob replied, "but I have been doing fine, except for the fact that my students blew up my tritium for the fourth time this month."
"There's a reason I called you captain," Quinn said, "There has been an incident in Sector Six of the Klingon Neutral Zone that I want you to handle. If you are willing, report to my office at 1600 hours tomorrow, your crew has all been informed, and they alphabet all accepted."
"It would be nice working with them again," Jacob replied, "I'll see you there."
"Thank you, Jake, Admiral Quinn, out."
The computer voice chimes, "Transmission terminated." Standing up, Jake looked around his classroom one more time before leaving to hand in his transfer orders.
(OoC: You may make your Roleplaying whatever you want, just please try to find a way to eventually integrate it.)
Post edited by timothyre99 on

Comments

• donkyhotaydonkyhotay Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Deep in sector six, Q said "Oops!" before leaving for a distant part of the universe. Not caring about what he left behind there.
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.

Check out my foundry mission "The Writers of History".
  • sputnikllsputnikll Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The captain tapped his fingers with boredom on the sides of his chair on the bridge. His First Officer, Terik, keep snatching sideways glances at him, finally daring to break the ice.

"Captain N'Varo," The female Romulan said curtly, the only sound in the bridge besides the constant humming of the engines. "Your presence is not needed on the bridge. You could rest in your quarters."

"Negative, Lieutenant N'vek." The captain replied with a little weariness in his voice. "This is a very important post along the neutral zone border." He leaned in closer to her and lowered his voice. "At least that's what the crew's to think."

"I understand, Captain." Lt. Terik nodded, a slight smirk crossing her face. The computer chirped at her display. "Incoming communication from..." She paused in a moment of disbelief. "The Praetor himself."

"On the screen."

A stern faced Praetor Hiron came on the main display. Captain N'Varo stood and opened his mouth to give greetings. The Praetor cut him off.

"Captain, your Bird is the closest to an odd energy source detected in sector six of the Klingon Neutral Zone. You are to investigate."

"With all due respect," the captain said after a pause, "there are many ships closer. Why is it you want a Warbird to investigate?"

"Because of the Federation ship already en route. They are already closer than you, so depart immediately, and stand by for further orders." The display cut out. The captain sat back down and gave the crew orders to go to the given coordinates at maximum warp.

"I don't like this. I think he knows what energy signature that is, and that's why he needs a Warbird. To retrieve or destroy it, I don't know." The captain spoke softly, laced gently with suspicion. "Klingon neutral space, no less."

"What do you make of the Federation's interest in it?" Lieutenant Terik asked him.

"I guess we'll find out."

OoC: Hoping I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by introducing the Romulan's interest in whatever Q left behind, or by setting the date by using a real Praetor.
  • aiurdaeaiurdae Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Sector 006, grid 147. Cube 2 of 3 engaging." The Borg cube engaged it's transwarp coils, leaping in to infinite velocity before emerging near the energy signature. "Scanning. Energy match found. Anomaly 021, source, entity designation Q, Species 001." The cube rotated slowly, before deploying a probe, which moved away at warp 8 to scout for approaching ships. It would soon detect a Romulan (Species 5616) vessel, and alter course to intercept. "We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Lower your shields and disarm you weapons, resistance is futile."

(Hope it's OK if I be the Borg. It seems like a thing they'd be interested in.)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Eight of Ten was drinking his daily cup of coffee while reading the report from his chief engineer about the most recent upgrades to the USS Midsummer Night's systems when he recieved a message from his first officer saying he was needed on the bridge.

In the short walk to the bridge he began imputing some commands into his wrist pads that he received when they began upgrading the Intel related systems on the eclipse class vessel. The commands were meant to give him a greater amount of data to his Intel visor during battle or otherwise when the data would be relevant.

Once on the bridge he sat down before saying "Alright what's so important that needs my attention?"

His first officer Five of Seven replied, "We have an incoming hail from Starfleet Command sir."

"Onscreen."

Eight wasn't too surprised to see Admiral Quinn's face on the view screen. Since Eight took command of the Midsummer Night he had been in contact frequently with Quinn about various missions that required a more subtle touch.

Quinn looking as co!mmanding as ever said, "Eight good to see you! Listen we have a situation around the Klingomn neutral zone, I'm sending you the coordinates now."

"What's going on over there?"

"We believe a Borg ship has made an incurasion into the neutral zone. I know you tend to not have too much trouble dealing with the Borg. We have another ship on the way and may send more but we need someone more experienced on this."

"I'll see what I can do. I'll contact you once we've investigated it"

As the screen turns dark Eight commands his helm officer to plot a course for the coordinates at maximum warp.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited October 2014
    "Vessel approaching, species 5618, Eclipse class. Tactical weakness: Low shield power Tactical strength: Advanced sensory systems." The Borg ship deployed three spheres, before hailing the incoming vessel. "We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Lower your shields and disarm your weapons, resistance is futile."

(In the interest of realism, I'm not going to let you melt the cube like you can in game. One of these things was able to rip a fleet a new @ss at Wolf 359. While your ship may be more advanced, it's still just one ship.)
    edited October 2014
    aiurdae wrote: »
    "Vessel approaching, species 5618, Eclipse class. Tactical weakness: Low shield power Tactical strength: Advanced sensory systems." The Borg ship deployed three spheres, before hailing the incoming vessel. "We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Lower your shields and disarm your weapons, resistance is futile."

(In the interest of realism, I'm not going to let you melt the cube like you can in game. One of these things was able to rip a fleet a new @ss at Wolf 359. While your ship may be more advanced, it's still just one ship.)

OoC: It may just be one ship but remember at wolf 359 the federation wasn't prepared for an enemy such as the borg and their ships were poorly equipped to handle even a Borg probe. In our current time all the powers of the quadrant have simply build ships bwetter . it may take more than a Miranda an outdated ship to defeat a ciube but a top of the line ship like the oddysey class is intended to combat heavy threats such as a borg cube. If it wasn't for the incoming reinforcements Eight might have to worry.

IC: Eight was surprises to asee the cube launch spheres as many borg cubes no lomnger had that capability."Well time to give these upgrades a test run," he thought tpo himself.

Eight yelled to his first officer, "Initiate adaptive shielding and fire off a full blast from the for phaser banks at 2 of the spheres while launching a spread of our neutronic torpedoes at the third sphere and the cube. The scatter some drones to inspect the cube and keep them cloaked till they find a weakness. Oh and helm engage evasive maneuvers and initiate attack pattern Borg 6 making sure that the Isokinetic cannon is charged for our next attack run."
    edited November 2014
    The torpedoes impacted the cube, leaving small craters in the hull. The spheres were more agile however, and were able to dodge the torpedoes and the majority of the phaser beams. "Regenerate hull. Adapt shields on an auto-scanning frequency." The hull damage began to repair, nanoprobes reconstructing the metal from surrounding debris. The cube began to unload on the attacking vessel, firing off alternating bursts of three shield neutralizers, and then plasma torpedoes. The sphere engaged in a three-pronged attack, firing beam weapons to further weaken the ship's shields so the torpedoes would be more effective.
  • timothyre99timothyre99 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Jacob settled down into the captain's chair of the new Regent Class ship, the USS Tranquility. Already on their way to the incident, the Tranquility was at yellow alert. The ship was two minutes out from the site of the incident.

"Tactical, get me an analysis of what to expect when we get there." Jacob said, as he rubbed his beard, thinking. 'What would be so important that they would pull me out of the Academy and place me on this new ship for it?

Just after he had the thought, the officer behind the tactical console responded, "Sir, we are reading several Borg ships as well as another Federation vessel. I'm going to red alert, our shields are raised and weapons armed."

"Good, prepare for Attack Pattern Omega when we drop out of warp. Overload the front beam arrays and fire a barrage of Quantums to hit just after the beams. Target the main Borg vessel." Jacob responded, reading from the tactical report on his chair.

As the ship dropped out of warp, it unleashed a spread of Quantum Torpedoes on the Cube, and fired three overloaded shots on the Cube. The shots hit the shields of the Vessel and the torpedoes follow in.

"Helm, bring us over the cube, Tactical, ready the Metreon Canisters for deployment. As soon as we deploy the gas, move aux power to engines and get us the hell away from the cube. Tell the other ship to do the same, and once we are a safe distance away detonate the gas."
    edited November 2014
    Eight yelled, "Brace for impact!' as teh torpedoes hit.

Five said, "Admiral another federation ship has arrived and engaged the borg."

"Good we could use the assistance"

Eight ordered "Now activate hazard emitters then initiate attack pattern beta and fire the iso kinetic cannon at the weakened hull on the cube then fire all beam arrays at will."
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    (OOC: I hope it is not too late for me to join with my Cardassian character :D)

Federation-Cardassian border

Middle-aged Cardassian Gul was lying on the bed in his quarters aboard Keldon class battlecruiser while he suddenly received notification from ship's computer about incoming priority message.

''Open the channel.'' - Vystan said as he stood up and approached screen on one of the quarter's walls. Just a moment after, an image of Cardassian Legate popped up on screen. ''Greetings Gul Vystan!'' - he said as soon as the subspace link was established.

''Greetings Legate Kentar! How can I be of assistance?'' - Vystan politely asked before Legate Kentar started explaining situation: ''I have just received a word about a skirmish between Starfleet and Borg forces in sector 6 of the Klingon Neutral Zone and there is also a Romulan warbird on the intercept course there.''

Puzzled by the information Kentar just given to him, Vystan asked cuoriously: ''I'm sorry Legate, but why are you telling me this?''

Kentar then answered to him right away: ''Well, as you already know, we are trying to maintain good relationship with Federation and Starfleet since they've been aiding us in Union's restoration efforts, so I thought it would be fair from us if we would at least somehow try to repay their kindness. Therefor, I'm sending you and your task force to go help those Starfleet ships in defending themselves.''

''Alright..., but as much as I am all for helping those in need, we still have a lot of trouble keeping True Way forces at the bay, so I'm not certain why we should go that far away and risking more uninvited guests into out territory. I think we should proceed with our patrol duties for the time being, otherwise we won't be able to defend ourselves properly. Besides I'm quite certain that Starfleet has more ships on their way there.'' - Vystan protested.

''I understand your concern Gul Vystan, but you don't have to worry about that, because I have already sent another group of ships to perform your patrol duties. By having that taken care of, I think it is safe for you to go there and investigate what has gone wrong, as well to help fellow Starfleet crews in fighting off the Borg.'' - Kentar thoroughly explained.

''Well, in that case, we'll be on our way as soon as possible.'' - Vystan hesitantly said.

Kentar then concluded before ending transmission: ''Very well. I expect you to report to me as soon as you resolve the situation. Good luck Gul Vystan! Kentar out.''

At that moment screen turned blacked and Vystan quickly stormed out from his quarters, and later entered nearest turbolift which would take him to the Keldon's command bridge.
    As soon as he stepped onto the bridge, Vystan started giving orders to his officers: ''Set a course for sector 6 of the Klingon Neutral Zone and engage maximum warp; Go to red alert and inform our supporting ships to do the same.''

Soon after, all three vessels (Keldon and 2 Galors) entered warp towards their designated coordinates...

(OOC: It would probably take me some longer time to get there since my character is patrolling on Cardassian-Federation border, but in the next post I'll be there. Just try not to finish the battle before my arrival :D)
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!