test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can the Omega Tech be sold on the exchange?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Academy
What is the precise name of the Omega Technology Upgrade - its not clear from the RnD recipe.

I've been trying to find them on the exchange, I assume they're tradeable and not bound. If they ARE bound, is it to character or account?

Thanks!
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What is the precise name of the Omega Technology Upgrade - its not clear from the RnD recipe.

I've been trying to find them on the exchange, I assume they're tradeable and not bound. If they ARE bound, is it to character or account?

Thanks!

They are not tradable. Omega tech upgrades are bound to account.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    They are not tradable. Omega tech upgrades are bound to account.

That explains that, thanks!

Do you happen to have a link to a description? I remember reading the event blog awhile back but I don;t remember a specific description of the upgrade, I'll go back and recheck.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Do you happen to have a link to a description? I remember reading the event blog awhile back but I don;t remember a specific description of the upgrade, I'll go back and recheck.

Just hover your mouse over one of them... Gives you all the detail you need.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited February 2015

wiki is your friend:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Omega_Particle_Tech_Upgrade
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The wiki is the first place I looked.

I tried all sorts of variations on what I th0ught it was called, even tried seeing if there were links from the traces' descriptions, but no luck. That's one of the reasons I looked on the exchange, to try and figure out the exact name to look for in the wiki.

I did not think to try "Omega Particle Tech Upgrade"

Thanks! This way I can decide whether I want to snag and upgrade batches of 81 slivers...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The wiki is the first place I looked.

I tried all sorts of variations on what I th0ught it was called, even tried seeing if there were links from the traces' descriptions, but no luck. That's one of the reasons I looked on the exchange, to try and figure out the exact name to look for in the wiki.

I did not think to try "Omega Particle Tech Upgrade"

Thanks! This way I can decide whether I want to snag and upgrade batches of 81 slivers...

It was in the drop down list of choices, I only looked because it said upgrades.

Go for traces and work that way, it is cheaper just takes longer. Also the R&D projects will remain after the event is over so you don't have to worry about ruching to get them done incase they disappear.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Two things I learned from this thread:

First, I never noticed the little in the Rnd Project Description that tells what the item you are going to craft will be (which answers my question), and

Second, you can click on the item to craft up to 5 of them at a time. I remember reading about the ability to craft more than one of something but since I never usually craft more than one of something I never really looked into it. It's very handy with multiple traces..
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can craft multiple items, and have done it in the past, but i can't craft multiple Omega Slivers...

Is this by design?
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You should be able to run multiple Omega projects. Assuming you have one crafting school at level 15 then you should be able to queue up the Omega Silver project 5 times.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    I can craft multiple items, and have done it in the past, but i can't craft multiple Omega Slivers...

Is this by design?
    CM

There was a bug fixed in the last patch that prevented the crafting of 5 slivers and the other early parts of the omega tech. Try clicking on the item and then using the slider. If it is still not wroking for you it might be worth posting in the bug section.

As far as I know you can't craft multipn upgrades in a single slot. If you want four for example then you have to use four R&D slots.
    Second, you can click on the item to craft up to 5 of them at a time. I remember reading about the ability to craft more than one of something but since I never usually craft more than one of something I never really looked into it. It's very handy with multiple traces..

This only applies for "base" items or componants, whatever you want to call them, as soon as you get to the actual gear you can only craft one at a time.

Another thing with crafting, and it's makes it cheaper to get, make the item you want at Mk II. This maks it cheaper to craft as you only need to use white items and the time to make is faster. This doesn't apply to the special items of each school as they can only be made at MK XII.

Once you get the mods you want then pop it in the upgrade window add an upgrade and you will go to about MKVII and each one gives you a chance of an upgrade in quality. I've gotten my plasma beams upto UR before MK VII and my secondary deflectors.

From what I have read using an Omega one has an even better chance of getting it to gold. Using the above method.