test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrading weapons

sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
I have Mark X beam arrays that are common. They won't let me upgrade them. Is there some reason for this or is this a bug?
Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)

Comments

• mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Uh, IDK; some things just aren't upgradeable... But why would you be upgrading common-quality weapons in the first place? They're really not worth the upgrade kits you would be spending. You can get green or blue-quality (sometimes purple) Mk X-XIs off the exchange really cheaply, and those certainly can be upgraded.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sisteric wrote: »
    I have Mark X beam arrays that are common. They won't let me upgrade them. Is there some reason for this or is this a bug?

It's the system graciously telling you you shouldn't do that in the first place. :)

Buy lowly Mk II weps (with the right mods); then add superior tech upgrade, a quality booster, and let her rip! And if it isn't [Epic] by Mk VII, just toss it aside, and simply start all over.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Common Mark X items? Sounds like gear you got for free with a ship - this gear can't be upgraded.

And it would be a waste - It's best to upgrade only gear that is already very rare or better.

Look for reputation gear, fleet gear, crafting or on the exchange for such gear if you don't already have it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.