test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My tax declaration is more fun than STO.......

vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
So I just logged into the game - felt lost - didn't know what to do that wouldn't end in pointless grind that I hadn't done over and over again - logged out - started doing my tax declaration instead................
Post edited by vocmcp on

Comments

• gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Then the game is no longer for you. I hope you had fun up till now, and perhaps you'll come back some day.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    several threads from the same op about the same issue, the dislike for the game and lack of interest to keep going. the door is over there, take it and find something else that interests you. one more wont be missed.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    several threads from the same op about the same issue, the dislike for the game and lack of interest to keep going. the door is over there, take it and find something else that interests you. one more wont be missed.

Yeah, there's something just slightly pathetic about someone who doesn't see when it's time to walk away. I mean either the OP is an idiot and keeps subjecting himself to something he doesn't like... or he's an attention seeker.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, time to step away. I myself thought I could hang on and just do the dailies required for the anniversary ship... couldn't even bare to do that anymore :D, lost all connection with STO. LoR was great, then it fell apart and crumbled. Happy hunting for the rest of you, I bare you no ill, I just wish I could be more interested in this, had the game since beta after all.

Ah well, the wifey got me Farcry 4 today, going to give that a try
    edited February 2015
    walshicus wrote: »
    Yeah, there's something just slightly pathetic about someone who doesn't see when it's time to walk away. I mean either the OP is an idiot and keeps subjecting himself to something he doesn't like... or he's an attention seeker.

thinking from possibly from the OP's position, he/she may not want the game turning into something terrible but loves the game enough to keep posting threads about this and that wrong with it in an attempt to get cryptic to change their mind.

but the problem is that cryptic devs once they have decided, it wont be changed afterwards, history has shown broken down STF's, queue system, dilthium market, grind.. all of it was and is deliberate and has not been removed since it was added. so one person making a comment about how they dont like it wont change the system, because this is what they wanted. we either play it or we dont.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Didn't you quit the game already?
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • auto1412auto1412 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If i had to choose i would say the second option,seems to be an attention seeker,never mind him let this post die with grace and hopefully he wont be inclined to share any more useless personal info we dont really want or need.

Well he still got a point,tax declaration beats sto in fun aspect:D
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thinking from possibly from the OP's position, he/she may not want the game turning into something terrible but loves the game enough to keep posting threads about this and that wrong with it in an attempt to get cryptic to change their mind.

You Sir win a cookie. It's a last desperate clinging to the game hoping it may get better one far away day. A little bit comparable to getting rid of a drug addiction. If you don't want to go cold turkey you give the patient something that helps ease the transition. In my case the forums......
    auto1412 wrote: »
    Well he still got a point,tax declaration beats sto in fun aspect:D

Unfortunately I'm done with it now........ and since I can't keep on grinding that one I don't know what to do......
  • auto1412auto1412 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cant really form an educated opinion on your comment since i have my tax guy do it for me ;)

Meh tax guy,:(get tax girl instead:D
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »
    So I just logged into the game - felt lost - didn't know what to do that wouldn't end in pointless grind that I hadn't done over and over again - logged out - started doing my tax declaration instead................

You may not like this game anymore but you surely never get tired of nagging and complaining about it. Everbody needs a hobby I guess...
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If its making you that miserable then you know its past time to exit stage right.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tax declarations are fun if you get refunds otherwise....
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You have stumbled onto a great way for out Govs to raise tax rates with out raising taxes though. It could look like this.

2014 Tax Year
    -Complete Box 101A
    - Add Box 101A with Sum in Box 96B and Enter Sum in Box 101B
    - Call 1-800-TRIBBLE-xxxx And enter Personal Ident Number in Box 1A
    - When Prompted Add Sum from Box 101B
    - Dial number again in 20 Hours and enter completion code in Box 101C
    - Should you choose, you may also continue immediately... simply follow payment options when prompted by the automated system to finish your Section 1 cool down now.

4 or 5 of those babies in every return form... I mean they wouldn't have raised taxes at all, if people could just be patient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    Then the game is no longer for you. I hope you had fun up till now, and perhaps you'll come back some day.

Yes those of us who can think for ourselves don't belong in the mundane endless grind fests or the pay to progress series of terribly designed shareholder developed IPs that have taken over this market.

Great point.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Then file your taxes every day, for 3 hours a day?

I play games to have fun. When I get tired of one game, I play a different one.

STO is fun for me right now, so I play it. If it stops being fun for me, I won't.

Some single-player games let you go through the content just once without any grinding. Then 10-40 hours later it is over and you are done. On to the next game.

A MMO can't let you keep playing for weeks or months without having you repeat the same content. You have to repeat things. You can call that "grind" but without it there is nothing to do. If you no longer enjoy repeating things, then stop.

But whining about it is pointless. MMOs have you repeat content. Life's just like that, deal with it.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I play games to have fun. When I get tired of one game, I play a different one.

STO is fun for me right now, so I play it. If it stops being fun for me, I won't.
    I've been saying this for I don't know how long, only to be accused of trying to chase people away and being a Cryptic fanboi (simultaneously, somehow - not even sure how that works).

It is, nonetheless, true. The game is here for entertainment. If it doesn't entertain you, find something that does - life's too short. And if you think it might improve in the future, leave for now, and come back when you want to check on it again - it'll be here, and in all likelihood so will I.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I too sometimes get tired of doing the samy thing over and over again, so i stop playing for awhile and go on to something else.
  • ednathepimpednathepimp Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    I've been saying this for I don't know how long, only to be accused of trying to chase people away and being a Cryptic fanboi (simultaneously, somehow - not even sure how that works).

It is, nonetheless, true. The game is here for entertainment. If it doesn't entertain you, find something that does - life's too short. And if you think it might improve in the future, leave for now, and come back when you want to check on it again - it'll be here, and in all likelihood so will I.

you are not a cryptic fanboy ,you are a little troll.
    edited February 2015
    you are not a cryptic fanboy ,you are a little troll.

when jonsillis has posted an opinion its always been constructive and well made for the most part. if you can counter that and a little proof, please be my guest.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2015

here's a question, before DR, what exactly DID you do?
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rimmarie wrote: »
    here's a question, before DR, what exactly DID you do?

Before DR you knew exactly where the grind started and where it would end. There was a limit. There was a point of "now you have all the top gear" and you just had to account for new ships and new weapon types.

With DR that peace of mind got washed away. Crafting introduced an RNG based grind that's potentially endless and eats a huge amount of resources. The point is you don't know when it will ever end. We've not only been put in front of a new massive wall we also don't know how massive it will turn out to be. There's no light at the end of the tunnel. Also specializations will go on and on.
  • leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dude just play something else...

Right! Cryptic and PWE will only learn, if everyone does exactly this ^
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Before DR you knew exactly where the grind started and where it would end. There was a limit. There was a point of "now you have all the top gear" and you just had to account for new ships and new weapon types.

With DR that peace of mind got washed away. Crafting introduced an RNG based grind that's potentially endless and eats a huge amount of resources. The point is you don't know when it will ever end. We've not only been put in front of a new massive wall we also don't know how massive it will turn out to be. There's no light at the end of the tunnel. Also specializations will go on and on.

Whatever you were going to do when you finally were "done" with the grind. Pretend you are done with it and do what you originally planned.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Get back to grinding slave.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unfortunately I'm done with it now........ and since I can't keep on grinding that one I don't know what to do......

Well....play War Thunder....use this link to sign up and get some free in-game gold:

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_5661456

It's F2P,give it a shot.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    as so many others have said.... time to walk away OP, I left WoW after 10 years.. yes, 10 years of playing non stop and you know why? because I didn't like the direction the new xpac was going and IT WAS NO LONGER FUN FOR ME.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    when jonsillis has posted an opinion its always been constructive and well made for the most part. if you can counter that and a little proof, please be my guest.

3500 posts of telling people to leave the game if they dont agree with something...yep thats is a troll and a fanboy.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    3500 posts of telling people to leave the game if they dont agree with something...yep thats is a troll and a fanboy.
    I see you've researched my posting history carefully, and found something in each and every story I've posted to Ten Forward, each and every joke I've contributed, that said any such thing.

Look, champ, I'm old enough to have realized that if something isn't fun for me, then I shouldn't do it for entertainment. I don't go running for fun, because running isn't fun. I don't play WoW any more, because it stopped being fun, and because I'm too smart to fall for the fallacy of sunk costs. (Continuing to play WoW when I wasn't enjoying it certainly wasn't going to make the hundreds of dollars I'd blown on the monthly sub come back.) And if I didn't have fun playing STO, I'd walk away and I wouldn't look back.

If you're not having fun, why stay? It's not like you're going to make any money playing this. And if you're trying to make it better, you're not going to get the attention of the money guys by saying, "I'm bored, but I'm still going to play!" The only way to get their attention is for the player numbers to fall to a point they can no longer be ignored.

And that doesn't seem to be happening, which must mean that the game really is fun, and the troll you're seeing is indeed in the mirror. I know I'm having a grand old time flying my new Kobali cruiser, USS George Romero, around the galaxy.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Look, champ, I'm old enough to have realized that if something isn't fun for me, then I shouldn't do it for entertainment.

that makes it even worse.Kids used to troll...if old people are trolling too it means the most fanboys on the forums have serious problems at the top floor.

gotta love when people bring up age.

P.S.yea yea yea I know...leave the game and give me your stuffs...so don't bother post it....you already posted it thousands of times.