test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First-Time Buyer Rewards System!

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I looked more closely at the shuttle box... Too bad the box was bound. Ah well... delete.

ouch... did you also have the fighter for the kdf side? they say its an account wide unock when you open the box for both kdf and fed side for the fighter/runabout...
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Got free stuff -- better whine about it! :rolleyes:

For the record, I don't have either of those shuttles, so they're appreciated. Additionally, you get three keys and an R&D pack for free. Those are worth millions of EC.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have to laugh at this concept. Saw it the first time in Neverwinter and they gave away a unique companion, a bag, etc. That made sense.

Now I'm looking at STO's version and I have to wonder...

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?

Yellowstone: Been given away at least twice and once unlocked is unlocked for all Federation characters.

Todoj Fighter: Ditto.

I realize you guys are too busy to come up with something unique just for this pack and were probably pushed into making it to begin with, but my recommendation would have been to just ignore those requests and keep going like you're going. This is just a joke.

Prety much what I thought, too.
    They should have given us something unique (the t1 kumari Nobody has For example) or at least new....

The problem with the neverwinter companion was, on the other hand was that there is no way to get this dog with another character even if you are willing to pay for it.
  • tethran1tethran1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When it says "one" box, does this mean you can claim the box only once per account, or that you can claim it once per character per account?

Might be an idea to clarify that.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tethran1 wrote: »
    When it says "one" box, does this mean you can claim the box only once per account, or that you can claim it once per character per account?

Might be an idea to clarify that.

you get 1 shuttle box only... when opened it unlocks both the fed and kdf shuttles... runnabout and the kdf fighter.

make sure you claim it on a toon who does not have the shuttle/fighter if possible... not sure if it will open if you already have the shuttle/fighter already.

could always discharge 1st and then open the box I guess...

btw i have no idea why they made the R&D box bound... they recently just gave it away and that was not bound... cant you just open the R&D box and hand off the contents away? Unless those contents are also bound... either character or account. I have not opened mine yet.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    ...btw i have no idea why they made the R&D box bound... they recently just gave it away and that was not bound... cant you just open the R&D box and hand off the contents away? Unless those contents are also bound... either character or account. I have not opened mine yet.

Honestly, I don't get why any of it is bound, but >shrug< whatever... :rolleyes:

As for the contents of the R&D box, they are NOT bound. Likewise, anything you get out of the lockboxes you open with the bound keys are also not bound.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Never mind.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • rubicatelosrubicatelos Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to thank the people that made the Steam decision for saving me $60, I was going to by a ship pack, but when you decided you didn't appreciate the way I was trying to give you money, I decided I really didn't feel like giving you any money.
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to thank the people that made the Steam decision for saving me $60, I was going to by a ship pack, but when you decided you didn't appreciate the way I was trying to give you money, I decided I really didn't feel like giving you any money.

It is a technical issue that prevents us from making Steam ZEN purchases count for this. We're not even sure it can be overcome. So, it came down to not releasing it until it could be overcome which could result in significant delays getting this going or releasing it without Steam counting and seeing if we can overcome the technical issue eventually. Decision made.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure if this is related, but having previously purchased the To'Duj it now seems to be bot unpurchasable and impossible to reclaim. Perhaps a bug connected with this promotion?
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can someone bring Adamanteus a cup of valerian tee? With a shot of Brandy..

:P:P:D
  • notslohgnotslohg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I opened my r&d box from the promotion and every item stacked with my existing r&d materials instead of stacking separately in bound stacks. Now my existing stacks are bound and I am stuck with millions in materials I was planning to sell over the weekend. Can this even be fixed? I have tried splitting my stacks and still cannot sell even the item I received from keyed boxes. DO NOT OPEN THE R&D BOX IF YOU PLAN ON SELLING YOUR MATS!

update

OK working now but have to break the stack to singles. noob mistake but still boo
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually, there are quite a few games in the industry that do something like this.

You mean this kind of thing has been around for a while and Cryptic didn't see the need to implement it....but revenue is down and financial targets set by PWE aren't met.

Like I said...desperation.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What tutorial? The n00b tutorial to learn to play the game?
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Alright; I'll accept the whole technical-issue thing. I just hope that it can be overcome soon.
    edited February 2015
    You mean this kind of thing has been around for a while and Cryptic didn't see the need to implement it....but revenue is down and financial targets set by PWE aren't met.

Like I said...desperation.

To be fair, if they don't give people things then people say they're stingy, if they do give people things then people say they're desperate. I don't see this as desperate, personally. Neverwinter brought this in sometime around the middle of last year, I was actually surprised it took STO this long to implement something similar. Plus, with the shuttle unlock being account wide it's good timing for the shuttle event next week for people who don't already have those unlocked.
    What tutorial? The n00b tutorial to learn to play the game?

Yeah the main tutorial when you start the game with a new toon.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Update, purchases of Zen through Steam do not qualify for this pack.

If you made a purchase of zen on steam between 9am - 12pm PST today then you can send in a support ticket and our CS team can activate the package for you if they can verify your purchase.
    Thanks ! I've sent a ticket.

I want to thank you for being so communicative and helpful on this subject. This is really nice, many thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another lame attempt to make me install arc. Still NO.
  • cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another lame attempt to make me install arc. Still NO.

Just a heads up, you dont need to install arc, you can just pay via the website instead, al lthey are saying is that steam wallet transactions aren't counted, you don't have to pay via the arc client ;)
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    haven't they had a 1st time buyers pack before. i'm sure I remember getting something years ago. or may be it was just a extra for bying zen.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Prior to the implementation of this "reward system" I put in, roughly, $300-400. Yet in order to get the "First-Time Buyer's Reward Pack" I have to pay more? I'm wayyy past a "First-Time Buyer..." and yet I'm being treated as though I've never spent a dime? Kindly I say... **** you.
    signature.png
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Update, purchases of Zen through Steam do not qualify for this pack.

If you made a purchase of zen on steam between 9am - 12pm PST today then you can send in a support ticket and our CS team can activate the package for you if they can verify your purchase.
    And if we made it later, we can't have the package ? I did it on the next day (13), not seeing anything about steam. I might have read the news on the 12, and didn't bother to re-read the news after it was certainly edited.

In this case, no offense, but it's not a really good job on your part. Especially considering steam is still excluded from the offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kdb81kdb81 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dose purchases through https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge count for this promo since the old billing site still list the $5 option and is NOT steam related?
    edited February 2015
    I only play with 1 toon. Ever. I don't play alts. So if I make an second character and run the tutorial, then will the xp boost work on my first character?
    edited February 2015
    I only play with 1 toon. Ever. I don't play alts. So if I make an second character and run the tutorial, then will the xp boost work on my first character?

You don't need to make a new character to use the XP boost on your existing character, it just meant that if you planned on using it on a new character you'd have to finish the tutorial with them first. But I'd guess your main character finished the tutorial quite a while ago so they can make use of it straight away if that's who you want to use it on.
  • del0rian73del0rian73 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Although NOT my first time buying ZEN i received my FTB reward today after taking advantage of the 15% promo.

After claiming the Yellowstone shuttle I am able to see it on my toons but as they are not FED I can't use them.

Just thought I'd share my findings....
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    del0rian73 wrote: »
    Although NOT my first time buying ZEN i received my FTB reward today after taking advantage of the 15% promo.

After claiming the Yellowstone shuttle I am able to see it on my toons but as they are not FED I can't use them.

Just thought I'd share my findings....

It unlocks the fighter for kdf as well. And I assume the little Romulan bird.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• del0rian73del0rian73 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It unlocks the fighter for kdf as well. And I assume the little Romulan bird.
    This seem about right although the Romulan toon gets either the Fed OR KDF reward and has no specific craft.
    edited February 2015
    You don't need to make a new character to use the XP boost on your existing character, it just meant that if you planned on using it on a new character you'd have to finish the tutorial with them first. But I'd guess your main character finished the tutorial quite a while ago so they can make use of it straight away if that's who you want to use it on.

Well, I completed the tutorial before the revamped one. I received a boost from a 5-year event Party Box and am unable to use it unless I complete the tutorial ... which I can't play on my existing character. So ... SOL?
  • cdwardencdwarden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've basically been playing STO for a few days. I think I tried it for a few hours a long time ago, but never bought Zen.

This afternoon I bought some zen. Used Paypal, and made sure to buy in-game through Arc and not through Steam.

I did not get the 15% bonus

I do not have the first time buyers pack as an option in the zen store. (edit - nevermind. I got this. I had to re-log)

What am I doing wrong?