test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We would all faint in amazement if Cryptic did this

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
This has been said before, but theres so many players out there that are poorly equipped, when they enter a ground elite mission. It seems that some do not know where to go, to buy items needed for missions, such as shield charges and Health hypo's.
DS9 and New Romulus are 2 places you can buy them.
One guy told me that its becoming too expensive to buy the necessary equipment in game.
If players did proper research on what to do, then perhaps this would alleviate one problem.
I think until cryptic bring down in game prices, we are always going to get terrible players, who can not afford this or that item.
Would'nt it be amazing, if cryptic brought down prices,(real cash and energy credits) in the game.
Make it alot more affordable to play.

Separate subject. Dead queues. Nothing has been done about that, when is cryptic going to stop living in denial about it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If Cryptic wasn't cryptic one wouldn't need research.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wait...

Consumables are expensive? :confused:
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Wait...

As i said, one guy reckoned they were expensive. Personally i dont think they are.
    I think its player laziness in not equipping properly, as they want better players to do all the work for them.

As well as DS9 and New Romulus, Kobali is also another place to buy shields and hypo's etc.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I get most of my consumables as mission drops, both ground & space. If I need to buy more, the other vendor trash I sell is more than enough to pay for them. This was never more true than the beginning of the Romulan character arc, when the first ship has all common gear, and zero EC while fighting for survival against the Tal Shiar...:cool:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would be good but faint in amazement looks diffrent....
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone who can't afford gear is doing something horribly wrong or is possibly illiterate.

The game throws tons of free gear at you. Doing your reputation? Daily get multiple purple mark 12 items. Finished tier 5? Get everything you need for one maybe two rep items for free. Jemmy set, kobali set, solonae set, breen set all free. Ground gear? Jemmy set free. Purple mark 12s free daily from the rep rank ups. Counter command kit and purple kit mods free from story missions. Consoles? Mark 12 and 13 mission drops, replay as needed = free.

Need a tier 5u or t6 ship? There's currently 8 free options.

Seriously, if you "can't afford gear" you're doing it to yourself. Cryptic can't make things cheaper than "free" and you can absolutely do even advanced level 60 content with mark 12 purples.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Wait...

Isn't anything expensive since DR? I haven't checked prices for consumables, but I wouldn't be surprised if a stack of 10 small hypos is 8000 Dil now...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    10 small hypos is only 200 EC out of the characters replicator.

Are there really players so stupid they'd spend dil on that easily attained garbage? :eek:

Yes. Back when reputation needed large hypos/power cells/shield boosts etc I used to sit at ds9 and post stacks of them on the ah then run to a vendor and buy more then run back and post... It was like minting money. Buy for 320ec sell for 1,500ec in stacks of 20 at a time.

People are silly.

In neverwinter you can do the same with healing potions. My absolute favorite ever was a guy going to the ah and buying my stack of healing potions that I had bought from a vendor about three inches from the ah. I could literally see both the vendor and the guy who/bought my healing potions at the same time. I dunno if he was just that bad at farming gold or truly didn't know he was standing next to a vendor for what he wanted. I probably should have pm'd him to ask.
  • Options
    temp3rustemp3rus Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Consumables can also be crafted in your ready room via doffs, you don't have to go anywhere :)
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wait what? Hypos are expensive? I bought a stack of 100 a few months ago for nothing and I'm still working through it.

I'm sure there are players who think they're too expensive. I don't see how this is anyone's fault but their own.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I was a fresh 50, hypos were very expensive, as were shield charges. Not just one stack, you see, but several. I'd have to load up by away team as well, and when they trigger a small hypo it didn't just use the one hypo. If they had 100 hp to restore, and the hypo gave 3, they'd use 4 hypos to fill up their health in one use. Numbers fabricated to prove the point but I can't recall what the actual hp heal is per hypo. Same for shields.

That's why I stopped giving them power cells. They just suck on them nonstop even when not in combat. An entire stack gone in minutes, it seemed.

I can get where the unnamed person is coming from. Up until you reach a certain EC limit and know how to get incoming funds, you're wary of constantly spending on not just hypos and shield gens, but also heals. Odds are if you're that broke you aren't very well geared up, and you will be racking up captain injuries.
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We stock the fleet bank with consumables for the fleet to use take 5 anytime.

LOL: One day a officer took them out of the bank and sold all of them.

The officer thought it was bad idea to help new players out and that EC in the fleet bank was better.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    1- never interrupt an enemy who is making a mistake
    2- the surest way to remain poor is to be honest
    ~ napoleon bonaparte
    ... also... some klingon.

It requires an iron fist to rule over a people who believe they have the god-given right to 172 flavors of cheese. (Also napoleon, and funnily enough relevant to these forums)