test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wheres my Zen?

rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I paid for $20.00 worth of zen. My bank statement shows a deduction to PERFECTWORLD/ARC – $20.00. I have not recieved my Zen in game. So am i doing something wrong on my end? I bought zen before in Neverwinter and never had a problem.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How long ago did you process this order?

Where are you looking for the Zen?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rheepark wrote: »
    I paid for $20.00 worth of zen. My bank statement shows a deduction to PERFECTWORLD/ARC – $20.00. I have not recieved my Zen in game. So am i doing something wrong on my end? I bought zen before in Neverwinter and never had a problem.

Send them (PWE) an email and report the problem. If they do not respond within 24 hours (PLENTY of time for them to get off their butts), then contact your credit card company and file a dispute. That's what I had to do a few years ago when they weren't delivering and I can guarantee you that PWE will THEN take things seriously when that happens. Don't let these clowns mess around with your money.

PS: Make your payments via Steam instead of Arc. To be honest, I really would not trust PWE with my credit card number.
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    How long ago did you process this order?

Where are you looking for the Zen?

I made the purchase about 1 hour after the servers came back up. As to the location of the zen i am looking for, i am opening the zen store and looking at my zen balance. I just checked my recent purchases on the arc page and it shows i made no purchase today yet they have deducted my money according to my bank statments.
    edited February 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Send them (PWE) an email and report the problem. If they do not respond within 24 hours (PLENTY of time for them to get off their butts), then contact your credit card company and file a dispute. That's what I had to do a few years ago when they weren't delivering and I can guarantee you that PWE will THEN take things seriously when that happens. Don't let these clowns mess around with your money.

PS: Make your payments via Steam instead of Arc. To be honest, I really would not trust PWE with my credit card number.
    Before we call in the troops, something the OP said raises a flag:
    I have not recieved my Zen in game.
    I have NEVER simply recieved my Zen in game. I've had to go to my wallet and transfer it to Star Trek> Holodeck. Thus, my 2nd question in my first post in the tread: Where have you looked for your Zen, OP?

Edit:
    I made the purchase about 1 hour after the servers came back up. As to the location of the zen i am looking for, i am opening the zen store and looking at my zen balance.
    Yeah, so since ARC services several different games, unless they changed it recently, you just pay initially, then you need to go to your "wallet" and tell it where to put the Zen.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited February 2015
    Hrm when you buy zen through Arc there is a drop down menu to place the zen you have purchased to the Game of your choice then the server so i selected holodeck since its the only option available. i checked my wallet and it shows 0.
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    Before we call in the troops

Up until a year ago, I always made my Zen purchases through Steam (I tend to make enough Dil on my own these days so I don't have to buy any more, though).

But before they had Steam Wallet as an option, you had no choice but to use PWE's website to buy Zen however, and their process was a nightmare of shenanigans, and thus was why I had to file the dispute when they were giving me a runarouPWE didn't jerk me around after that. :)

Steam has a far better purchase process than Arc does, IMO.
    edited February 2015
    Hrm when you buy zen through Arc there is a drop down menu to place the zen you have purchased to the Game of your choice then the server so i selected holodeck since its the only option available. i checked my wallet and it shows 0.
    Interesting. Last time I bought Zen was last year (well, two months ago...) and I had to manually go to my wallet after making the purchase and tell ARC where to send the Zen. It was when I found out ARC now services the Stronghold game... I almost sent my money to Firefly Studios that day *looks reproachfully at Cryptic...*

I just tried to go click my way through the apparently newer system, but am on my phone and the "Mobile Friendly" interface... isn't.
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Up until a year ago, I always made my Zen purchases through Steam (I tend to make enough Dil on my own these days so I don't have to buy any more, though).

But before they had Steam Wallet as an option, you had no choice but to use PWE's website to buy Zen however, and their process was a nightmare of shenanigans, and thus was why I had to file the dispute when they were giving me a runarouPWE didn't jerk me around after that. :)

Steam has a far better purchase process than Arc does, IMO.
    Well, until just now, where I can't progress past the "Select Amount" part of the transaction on my phone, my Zen purchases over the last year and a half have all gone smoothly, and until I know Steam isn't tripping off the fraud alert system on ARC, I wouldn't even think about using Steam Wallet. Not that that is Steam's fault, but it is a bit of a problem...
    edited February 2015
    I made the purchase about 1 hour after the servers came back up. As to the location of the zen i am looking for, i am opening the zen store and looking at my zen balance. I just checked my recent purchases on the arc page and it shows i made no purchase today yet they have deducted my money according to my bank statments.

Just curious, did you get your "First Time Purchaser Pack" yet? According to that thread, wait time on the pack is 1-2 hours because of the 15% Bonus Weekend. I realize we are approaching (passing) the upper end of that window, but...
    edited February 2015
    I have not become eligible to claim the 1st time buyers reward. It is like i never even purchased zen howerver my bank statement shows i have.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have not become eligible to claim the 1st time buyers reward. It is like i never even purchased zen howerver my bank statement shows i have.

Keep in mind that Cryptic/PWE do not handle the financial transfer from your Bank account. Instead, they hire a different financial firm to do the fund transfers, and handle the risks of such things as lack of funds, purchase call-back, or credit card fraud. Then this finance company has to transfer the funds to Cryptic/PWE before you receive your Zen, which can take up to 2 business days for this to happen...

With all the recent cyber attacks against insurance and retail financial networks, credit card fraud is on the upswing, and companies are starting to be much more careful with remote network purchases...