test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First-Time Buyer Rewards System!

Comments

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is good, as it helps brings in new customers. And a good way to reward them for their first purchase and hope many more in the future. There is a lot to buy off the store.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Awesome that it doesn't go back and count previous purchases...

Sad that after 2 hours I still don't have my pack... I have my ticket in as well, #150212-001562

It was a cool idea though and sucked me into parting with $10! LOL
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mine just came through. Thanks!
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Awesome that it doesn't go back and count previous purchases...

Sad that after 2 hours I still don't have my pack... I have my ticket in as well, #150212-001562

It was a cool idea though and sucked me into parting with $10! LOL

Yeah, it's a nice idea. Hopefully support will sort out the kinks with it quickly.

Though knowing my luck, one of the three boxes I open with those bound keys will have the damned mother-lode ship in it which I wouldn't want anyway but wouldn't be able to sell haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • tinemunetinemune Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think the bound to account keys from the promotion have 'contagious' Bound To Account status like probation purchased items do, it's just to keep you from selling the free keys on the exchange for a pitiful amount of Zen purchased.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is not a bad little feature idea at all, especially with a bonus weekend.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It took a very long time but the promo item did come thru finally.

Now if they would just award the **** they said I'd get when I bought DR I'd be a happy STO camper.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I C AN NOW CONFIRM THAT IF YOU WILL RIPPED OFF!

I bought 50.00 pack of Zen and DID NOT GET THE PROMOTIONAL PACK.

I bought the ZEN via the Arc Launcher so it should have awarded the promotional item.

NO PROMOTIONAL ITEM GIVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP OFF

Try paying attention to the post you are replying to, its taking time, make a support ticket and they will sort you out.
    edited February 2015
    tinemune wrote: »
    I don't think the bound to account keys from the promotion have 'contagious' Bound To Account status like probation purchased items do, it's just to keep you from selling the free keys on the exchange for a pitiful amount of Zen purchased.

Ah that would make sense right enough. I guess they have to protect from multiple accounts being set up to farm them or something.

Edit: Haven't heard back from CS yet, but the box has just shown up in my C-store page. Woot. :)
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • fenris357fenris357 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well its finally arrived. guess it waited for my gf to get home :cool:
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    paspinall wrote: »
    Try paying attention to the post you are replying to, its taking time, make a support ticket and they will sort you out.

I did wait. I will wait more. I will wait for as long as I have waited for my DR stuff. (Which I am still waiting on.)
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    it is not an unlock... it is a shuttle in a box. if you discharge it... its gone forever unless you buy the shuttle again.

the shuttle is based on who claims it... if a fed toon claims it you get the fed shuttle in a box.

if kdf then you get the kdf shuttle in a box.

roms get jack unless they choose a faction already.

Another very well worded cryptic description that couldn't possibly cause any confusion

1 ship pack that unpacks a shuttle depending on faction

All Federation or Federation-aligned Romulans on the account will get the Runabout Yellowstone shuttle...
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like to make a purchase for the Zen, But I will wait till they sort out this mess of getting your bonus pack. Cause I don't feel like working in the claims department for some thing that is offered but just another TRIBBLE-up. Just wait a few day see if they can deliver what is promoted. Oh wait Bonus marks 50% promoted till go live.... right!!

Note: Ppl want to throw money at this game, but the PTB just can't get a handle on things. Come On Man. Love playing the game and content is sweet. Just loosen up on Marks/ Dil/ APC/ BNP and time gate including spam such as inflated HP on NPCs. I am going to play this game till doors close. I just don't want to be the only one left in game LOL.
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not that i would but it is kind of sad that i just can't buy it at the moment since logging into the game severely restricted lately. Between 9 and 11 p.m. central european time i'm blocked from using any pwe games - as well as many of my friends. :(
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks, but I'll stick to being mislabeled by the automated fraud prevention system and go through Steam...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sklazingasklazinga Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, you guys are wrong. It is an unlock, it unlocks both shuttles account wide. Read the description of the promotion in the zen store, it is very clear. I have already done it and can confirm that opening the shuttle box, regardless of faction, unlocks both faction shuttles account wide in the zen store.
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Added an FAQ section to my original forum post...will update that periodically.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll buy $10. I tend to get lucky with "free" keys. :P

(The only thing that stinks is I always have to wait 24 hours or more to get the Zen. I use a major credit card and it feels odd to have to wait for it.)
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • bazilyatbazilyat Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll stick to steam, thanks. Maybe if someone gets me a gift card or something but for now, I'm staying with steam.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can we get a confirmation that items from the lockboxes opened with the promotion's bound keys won't be bound themselves?
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ravin wrote: »
    Can we get a confirmation that items from the lockboxes opened with the promotion's bound keys won't be bound themselves?

In this particular case, the items will not be bound because the keys are bound.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No steam? Oh well. No reward pack. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    Kinda funny to implement such a system 5 years into the game..... :D

It's a PWE related move, to increase zen sales.
    Perfect world has the same first time buyer pack with a couple of items also.
    On the other game it's about 2 years old.
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Update, purchases of Zen through Steam do not qualify for this pack.

If you made a purchase of zen on steam between 9am - 12pm PST today then you can send in a support ticket and our CS team can activate the package for you if they can verify your purchase.

A regrettable failure of communication, but thank you for owning the mistake and doing the right thing.

I've submitted ticket #150212-001650 and look forward to its resolution.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
    edited February 2015
    In this particular case, the items will not be bound because the keys are bound.

Thank you for the confirmation. :)
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there any way to buy $5 worth of Zen on the website like you can thru Steam, since Steam apparently does not qualify for this?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While not a bad incentive, it is highly doubtful that actual new player(s) will even know this exists so, odds are it won't see much light!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Thanks for the quick response, pweadamanteus.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rule of Acquisition # 191 It Never Hurts to Sweeten the Deal

This is the Rule of Acquisition that PWE should make their golden rule.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • i8myhelli8myhell Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I still enjoy STO, not as much as I used to though, & want to support it financially along with my playing but PWE & Cryptic do some promotional stunts that just makes me shake my head sometimes.

The positive of this "First Time Buyer Pack" promotion is that anyone can take advantage of it if they purchase Zen beginning today based on what I read earlier.

As always, to each their own for calculating whether or not it is worth buying Zen this time with this additional feature.

Also, smart tactic having this coinciding along with a cheaper Zen sale.

"First Time Buyer Pack" & "Welcome Back Pack" promotions galore but for those players that consistently play & pay we appreciate you immensely, but we know we have you hooked so none for you.

One thing I disagree with is how PWE & Cryptic will alter an in game function, granted they have to do it time to time hopefully to improve the game, but if it alters the effectiveness, for example, a players' skills the only method to alleviate that hindrance is step on up & buy a Respec Token. I think as a courtesy PWE & Cryptic should allow 1 or 2 free Skill Respec Token(s) a year for players. Drastically altering the game can have positive effects, but it can also affect players' abilities negatively too.

PWE is going to keep getting more & more chintzy with us as players while Cryptic performs triage.

I want to offer my money to you for the good game you offer, though the customer service is not too good, but I have to feel like it is a good value & I want to know what I am buying before not after.