test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Samsar build

cptmbateman79cptmbateman79 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Federation Discussion
Just won the Samsar and was wondering since it is basically a cruiser, what would a good build be for it running a tactical captain? i see it is heavy on engen stations, but with the new boff system not sure how i be able to use this at all to make it run good. i know i doubt i get some tanking out of it, but still like some feedback if any could help.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    krisrobertskrisroberts Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You won it? :rolleyes: Joking aside it seems to be a great tank friend of mine was running one with all his tank stuff on it and he enjoyed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Glad to hear, dunno how much tanking I can get as a Tactical, but still like to know a good combo
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Maybe something like this?

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=tank1_6316

You will never be a true tank, for that you will have to go Eng, but this set up with maybe a few swaps between core and shield like the Nukara shield. Or wait and try to get the whole kobali set within the next month to see how that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Looks like a good setup. Is plasmonic leach a lockbox console? trying to figure out what boff combos i should drop in using what abilities. i'm going to keep nukra on the backburner

Boffs

Tact: FAW and SS shields

Universal: ET1

commander engen: AUXB1, EPS1, EPW1, AB

SCIENCE: TB, TR, TRACTOR BEAM

Nothing on intel station
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It does come from the Tal Shiar if a Fed and its really pricey but a must for all ships.

If you are Klingon you get it with the Guramba ship.

I was lucky enough to look on the market one day and saw one for 50,000EC and nearly broke the mouse clicking it so fast. He had left a few zeros off the end of that one. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sounds good, going to try and keep an eye on the exchange and keep working on this build.
  • Options
    piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hm, can anyone suggest a Samsar build for a Science Captain? I've put together a decent starter build, but I'd like an idea of what to work towards.