test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm going for Exploration missions.

I know the old ones were rubbish, but imagine how good they 'could have been' if they'd spent a little development time on them each season to add a couple more mission types to the mix. :D
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Btw, more PvP Queues could also mean:

A brand new T4 template ship vanilla PvP queue where...

... all traits are disabled
    ... all rep is disabled
    ... all gear is automatically set to blue mk xi
    ... all spec trees are disabled
    ... all doffs are disabled

Hooooooray we'll be getting balanced PvP in the end! All hail Cryptic!
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The voting will activate next Tuesday :D
  • keeny75keeny75 Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can't seem to find out how to vote. But some PVP content would be good.

If mobile platform was on here I would have gone for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Voting is working now.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You know, I really like some of your adventure zones (both ground and undine space).

You couldn't add that as an option?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Also- how would that make sense for non-Feds?

Every time I read comments like that, I keep wondering what people think how the Kllingons ever got an empire running. Apparently they do nothing but shoot things. Surprise, they don't. They research, they have diplomatic relations, they trade and they surely had to explore beyond their filthy targ pits to actually create an empire ! :mad::P:D

Edit: I voted for more episodes. The other options are a little vague. And I don't do PvP.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You should now have no problems casting your vote.

Sorry for the delay, VB is in terrible need of an update.

Good luck to all who vote! I hope your choice wins! :)

~CaptainSmirk
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hailing all Captains, Warriors and Commanders,

It is time for a new STO Player Poll! Please note this Poll will close on Monday, Febraury 16th, 2015 at aprox 10AM PDT (what time is this for you?)

Vote here for your top choice lsited below, to let us know which of these options you would most like to see developed further in STO.

Feel free to reply to this thread to discuss the options, and why you would like your top choice to win! Who knows, maybe your impassioned reasoning will sway other players who might be on the fence. :)

Please remember that this is a poll to help communicate players wants and desires for new content, to our Development team, and we want to hear from each and every one of you! Make sure to share this poll with your friends and fleetmates, and pass this to other players to participate so we can cover as wide a base of players as possible!

We value your feedback and discussion on these topics, so let's keep this constructive, and focus on future possibilities!

Thanks everyone!

=/\=

~CaptainSmirk

what i would like to see which is not on this poll are playable Cardassians.

as for anything else bug fixing, a massive sharp increase in the QA area and especially a sharp increase on customer service as well.

thats all i want to see be changed. but since none of this is on that list, no point voting really.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Fleets, no matter how small are large, provide a social outlet for players. I have fleet members who take a break from the game and come back simply because they enjoyed the social experience of the fleet. In my honest opinion, fleets are part of the very core that make Star Trek Online great. The better the experience, the more players will stick around and play with the online friends.

With that being said, there are things that fleets need. First of all, fleets need to be cross-faction. There is now an alliance between all three factions, so it's logical that they would have joint fleet operations. Further, this would give players the option to form true Romulan only fleets, and not Rom-Fed or Rom-KDF fleets. This would also allow each faction to get the opposite factions equipment, i.e. fleet phaser and disruptor weapons.

Second, fleet ranks are too limited. They may work for smaller fleets, but when you have a large fleet like I do, more ranks is almost a necessity. Perhaps expanding the limit to 15? Really the best option would be to allow fleet leaders to create as many ranks as they want.

Third is an idea that I had because of the complaints from my members. They complain that some players log on and fill projects right away then log off, which doesn't give other players the chance to contribute. Perhaps some sort of contribution cooldown that could be turned on or off would be possible. Maybe even the time for this cooldown could be set by fleet leaders.

Fourth would be fleet alliances. This alliance could be as simple as allowing fleets to visit their ally's holdings and purchase equipment, using their own provisions of course (the same as now).

These are only some ideas that I have. I understand development is both time consuming and costly, but I truly believe that a better fleet experience would make the overall game's experience much better.
    attilio.png
  • madmanmoonmadmanmoon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This was an easy pick for me - exploration missions.

That to me is what Star Trek is really about. Cliched as it may be, "exploring strange new worlds" was always the most fascinating part about the Trek universe, and while the old exploration missions were a bit repetitive, they still scratched that itch. Bringing the considerable talents on the STO team to bear on a revamp of exploration would be a wonderful way to reinvigorate this game and offer a nice break from the constant battles!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More episodes, I dont know what Trek you people saw but it did not have exploration, it had Adventures
    GwaoHAD.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i picked more episodes, but thats over a general area as "episodes" could mean anything mission related, including exploration "missions" and episodes around that aspect :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I voted for more episodes. Considering PWE has significantly cut down on adding new content and keeps removing more than they add. We need more new episodes! I really wish they would go back to creating five mission long Feature Episodes over just one single mission.

The only way PvP will ever get a vote out of me is if DeathMatch is added. That one single addition to PvP would make a massive difference in how attractive PvP looks to the community in my opinion.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "More PvP Queues", as in more game types or maps? well sure that might be nice, but more ques aren't needed so much as things like ionic chain stun, SS one shots, overpowered exotic damage, and several other things being addressed so pvp is at all playable again.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want to boldly go where no man has gone before, but not via the C-store though.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exploration missions is the one I will have a go at. Since the exclusion of exploration from the game the only the thing we can do is doff's on the subject. This also opens up possibilities to earn exploration or diplomacy XP again when this is brought back.

One other thing, which is not included in the poll options: I'd like to see some new adventure zone's. The current one's are getting old and it's time for some refreshment.

#My2Cents.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't vote but here are my 2 cents.
    Try again, it's actually working now. And I voted for the Fleet option, for the same reasons, knowing that exploration and episodes are going to be more popular. TBH, many fleets have taken heavy losses in membership since DR, and anything done now to make fleets more interesting & meaningful are not likely to have the desired effect in the short term... unless it's something surprising & exciting, which I am confident Cryptic is capable of!
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Were they choices, I would've easily voted

KDF -desired- Content/ships
    Romulan content/ships
    Playable Cardassians/Vaadwaur
    Bug fixing

or any number of other things. So, generic episodes, it is.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I voted PVP but I dont want new queues, and want it fix!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    You should now have no problems casting your vote.

Sorry for the delay, VB is in terrible need of an update.

Good luck to all who vote! I hope your choice wins! :)

~CaptainSmirk

I agree... when we getting the newer version if VB???

:-)
  • inexplicabletiminexplicabletim Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Add pvp galaxy map territory control.
  • siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It would be nice if we could rank those choices instead of making a single firm choice... In that light, I would rank them:

#1 Exploration (the core of Trek)
    #2 Fleet activities (making them more relevant & involved)
    #3 Foundry (players have good ideas, too)
    #4 Episodes (decades' worth of lore to mine)
    #5 PvP (sorry guys, I've not done this yet)

My 2EC:
    #1 episodes ( what my gaming group does together )
    #2 exploration - fun if it can be replayed
    #3 foundry - sounds fascinating, although I have yet you do it
    #4. PvP- sounds like frustration, and my exposure has been negative
    #4b fleet activities - tied for last place, because of RL
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Last time we had a poll ("Which alien race would you like to see in Delta Rising?"), Cryptic disregarded it and came up with the Vaaudwaur.
    That's how much faith I have in polls. So I will not be voting, the results will be disregarded anyway.
    They like to keep up a pretense of asking for our input but then disregard it anyway.
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want more Pvp content

causee this game is serious lacking in good PVP
  • jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Given how broken PvP is and how abused certain abilities are by certain players, definitely not that. No point in keeping feeding certain egos.

Exploration all the way. To boldy go and all that jazz.. :)
  • razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    I would like to clarify something......

....Exploration Missions....

....does NOT mean adding more System Patrols/Sector Patrols!

Exploration Missions should be similar to what was previously in game. You entered into an "Unknown Sector" and had 12 to 15 "planets" that you could interact with. When entering the system, you got a random encounter. Either diplomacy, scanning, battle or nothing. This is what Exploration Missions mean to me. There could be other types of encounters maybe, but they should not all be about battle. Not every episode of Star Trek had Kirk/Picard/Sisco/Janeway/Archer killing everything they came across. Now, If you want to open a rift to the Mirror Universe......
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We only get one choice?

I need the 'all of the above and more plus fixing issues mentioned by tribble players before the content even hits the holodeck to help reduce the number of issues that actually crop on the holodeck server, while keeping on top of known issues on the holodeck and looking for fixes to them' button.

I can't say that the bug hunting doesn't already happen but the communication to the players leaves me and others to believe that very little goes into solving current issues, instead the common solution is to simply throw a new or recurring shiny in front of players to distract them.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When it comes to content I'd like to see more story and less PVE/PVP zones. They get boring after awhile and I don't play this game to farm.

What I want to see is more player customization, and fixes to all of the general issues that the game has before more content is added. There are far too many bugs with this game and they don't seem to get addressed. You still haven't fixed the Vaadwaaur costume issue where I can't wear both the mask and helmet at the same time. Just simple issues like that which frustrate us players.

I'd also like to see a build-your-own-ship system so we can design our own ships, choose how many weapon slots and how many slots for items and engineer/science/tactical choose if it's a carrier or not, etc. Mainly because the ships you keep introducing are boring and most people will agree with me on that.
This discussion has been closed.