test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CANCEL Button for In Progress R&D Projects

thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
CANCEL Button for In Progress R&D Projects

There should be a button, that says "Cancel" or "Quit This Project" for a way to get out of FINISHING an Active RnD Project EARLY (and thus Opt Out of Completing) the specifically chosen Project.

This would be like cancelling a Reputation Project before it finishes. Abort Project.

CANCEL Button for In Progress R&D Projects.
STAR TREK
lD8xc9e.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tostrekkie7tostrekkie7 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree the R&D queue needs a Cancel option.

I don't know if it's a bug but on a number of occasions I will click on a category (let's say Cannons) but will only receive Beams projects. The only way to clear the Beam projects info is to close the R&D menu completely and reopen it. Even then opening any category several times offers only options for Beams projects, requiring you to close the R&D menu & reopen it as many times as it takes until you get the correct project info. Now most of the time I can catch myself starting a project I really didn't want (because of the bug) but every now & then I don't.

If a players wants to change their mind (or cancel a project started in error) it's frustrating to have to wait 20 hrs before you can start another project.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since the system is designed to reveal the end result as soon as the project is started, instead of when its finished like normal doff assignments, there can't be a cancel option. Because people would cancel and restart until they get the best result every time.
  • Options
    nagyervinnagyervin Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Since the system is designed to reveal the end result as soon as the project is started, instead of when its finished like normal doff assignments, there can't be a cancel option. Because people would cancel and restart until they get the best result every time.

It should be Abort, not Cancel, so people wouldn't be able to use it as an exploit.

Let me explain:

When we start a project, it requires materials/components. If we would click Abort, we would lose the mats/components (just as in the case of rep projects). I don't like to wait for something i will throw away. Please let us interrupt that and start fresh.

Of course, it would affect the Exchange prices significantly (at least one quarter drop).
    Your Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III deals 174321 (66343) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to I.R.W. Valdore. :o