test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge Officer Training Revamp - No skill level?

blayydeblayyde Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Academy
In the old system, in addition to spending expertise on new skills and Promoting your Bridge Officer, you also spent Expertise to "level up" each BO's skill. This was consistent with levelling up your own skills and provided a sink for Expertise.

Under the new system, you only buy new skills as Training Manuals and Promote your BOs. There doesn't seem to be anything in the interface for levelling up skills. Am I missing something?

On the new system you do spend Expertise on the new skill, but I don't think it's as much Expertise overall as the original cost. Are all skills under the new system equal to a fully leveled skill in the original system? Or have we all reduced in effectiveness because our BO skills are all less effective? If not, this is a great advantage for low level players since they get fully levelled BOs for free. (Or the unlocked abilities at that BOs rank anyway)

I'm not really complaining, just... uncertain. I do like the ability to switch out previously trained abilities, although I don't see myself making use of it. That's the reason why I have a big crew. However, for a free player with limited slots it can help in manning multiple ships.
Post edited by blayyde on

Comments

• Options
    blayydeblayyde Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll add that if I understood correctly, in the original system skill level determined how often the BO could use the skill. Your captain's skill level with the appropriate skill determined how EFFECTIVE the BO skill was. So all this has really effected is how own BOs use their skills.
    I just want to make sure I have that right.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah basically all skills are level 9 now. Not that level 9 was hard to get in the old system.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg