test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you Cryptic, for Dilithium Week

forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
Just wanted to say 'thank you' for stepping up and turning Dil Weekend into Dil Week. It shows a willingness to say "hey, we boned up a little, we are going to do what we can to maintain good relations".

I enjoyed the week and the more relaxed pace of Dil earning it made possible, while still making me feel that my captains earned a nice hefty Dil bonus.

I realize much of the forum population will take this (and every) opportunity to rage on you regardless. As for me, I will save my (very valid, long standing, reasonably stated) bug/QOL/gameplay issues for other threads, and just say...

Thank you for taking a client-relations-friendly approach, kudos to the dev team and leadership.
Post edited by forcemajeure on

Comments

• stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to second that.

I read the announcement but was still confused by the additional dil at first since the calendar wasn't showing the event still running. It was still pretty awesome. LOADSAH DIL 4 MEEE!! :D
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, it bought me Zen ready for the Fed Command ship pack! :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Aye, thanks. I gathered a smidgeon over 500,000 ore in excess of what I can refine over all my characters, without grinding content, cashing in marks or visiting the Dyson Battlezone (I kept meaning to, but never had time). In fact, there was a lot I meant to do, but didn't... Bah! I DEMAND ANOTHER WEEK! WAAAAAHHHH!!!!
  • captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes thank you for the bonus dilithium week. It is going to help with the new T6 command ships cost since I will get my stipend and be converting dilithium for zen. :D
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks to Dil week. I made good progress.

Fed:
    Upgraded all phaser banks. From Mk X to Mk XI. I really needed this to deal with the threats of Delta Rising. As my old tired Mk X wasn't strong enough anymore.

KDF:
    Gained a Lv due to all the Doffs I was doing. I collected Dil to use for ship upgrades later in future.

Romulan:
    Gained a Lv. And only like 3,000 Dil away from another Romulan array. I need 2 arrays to finish my Romulan ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agreed, I did 300,000 over 5 toons on my account just in contraband without putting in much effort at all, actually gave me an excuse to yank a couple out of their cryotubes to run a few laps around ESD with them.

Now if I can just bring myself to part with any of it, I could actually get my fleet's SB up to tier 3.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep, I just wanted to add my thanks as well. I was struggling a little to scrape together enougth dill to turn to zen and this week has been a big big help.

So once again thank you for extending the weekend. :)
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll add my thanks too.

I was pretty cross about the rep project bonus disappearing but with it being a week long event I ended up with more dil in the end and got it without it feeling like a grind which was a major win in my books. I finished all my upgrades, bought an exeter and still have between 600 and 700k to refine, plus all the marks I made this week in the battlezones to turn in. So cheers the extra few days were awesome!
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Indeed, as an apology, it was a handsome gesture.

(Particularly for me, as I never bothered "mark hoarding" anyway, so the removal of extra mark rewards hurt me not at all - for me, it wasn't compensation, it was a straight-up, no-strings-attached bonus.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll chime in with a "Thanks" also. I've got enough zen for a ship (although I'm not excited by the new command ships) and was able to get all my characters crews up to 300. (Thanks for that sale, too.)
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    I'll chime in with thanks as well

you didn't have to but you did

It would have been better if you had said this is the last time you can cash in marks like this guys
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had a ton of marks, elite marks, and Tier 5 rep turn-ins hoarded for this weekend. I was, initially, unhappy about not getting bonuses.

But because of the time period extension, I was able to get a LOT more contraband turn-ins done, a lot more dilithium mining done, and ended up making over a million dilithium this week.

Thanks Salamii and Cryptic!
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,791 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I stopped playing regularly and so most of my fleets since DR killed XP and Specs. However, great gesture from the new EP and wish him the best to turn around where D'angelo failed.

Hoping there would be more real players and they fix PvP sooner rather than later but a good change overall.

..... who needs to play the game for entertainment, the blogs and resulting forum storms are far more entertaining and free! Free 2 Laugh!
    DUwNP.gif

• generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    It was indeed a good week.. one of my friends managed to get over 2,000,000 Dlithium... so much...
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While I understand the frustration of many players that their plan to hold marks for the optimum turn-in did not work out, this was a decent gesture to give players a boosted return, without backtracking on their original decision.

I hear that the Anniversary event has also been extended - presumably to allow players to complete the Kobali ship grind following the announcement that its console will form a 4-piece with those on the new Command cruisers (apparently, a number of people changed their mind on the value of the Kobali ship following this announcement..). If so it is another very welcome example of a more balanced view of players.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree with the OP; the extension did not result in an overall dill gain for me, so much as reducing the intensity of the grind on 4 characters. Thank you, Cryptic!
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just wanted to say 'thank you' for stepping up and turning Dil Weekend into Dil Week. It shows a willingness to say "hey, we boned up a little, we are going to do what we can to maintain good relations".

I enjoyed the week and the more relaxed pace of Dil earning it made possible, while still making me feel that my captains earned a nice hefty Dil bonus.

I realize much of the forum population will take this (and every) opportunity to rage on you regardless. As for me, I will save my (very valid, long standing, reasonably stated) bug/QOL/gameplay issues for other threads, and just say...

Thank you for taking a client-relations-friendly approach, kudos to the dev team and leadership.
    Well said, OP.

/10chars
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, Thank You from me too. :)
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Aye thanks a bunch cryptic. Hope there are still some Voth left for the next dil weekend :rolleyes:
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, this was a more relaxed week for me since I wasn't trying to cram as much dil-making as possible into a couple of days. Instead I played episodes and did more normal content while still making extra dill from doff missions.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I didn't log on much during dilithium week. I cut my character count in half and have a lot less to upgrade so I really didn't need it.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.