test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Was playing an episode and then my computer decied to do a windows update. Once it was rebooted I attempted to log in and am now getting that message. First time I have had it. Tried rebooting, tried started STO manually and same message.

Any ideas or help?

Currently running Win Vista 64 bit
Post edited by nwflamewalker on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am, also, having problems signing in, this morning.
    Only thing I noticed: ARC did an update when I first called it up.

Unfortunate.
    Was just checking through the forums to see if anyone else was having an issue with it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm also having this issue, I can't log in to the Arc system.
  • drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    same here, looks like game servers are down
    http://stostatus.com/
    edited February 2015
    same here, looks like game servers are down
    http://stostatus.com/

1d75bb0932e2b3af52140ba4f010a3ba.jpg
  • thevulcanbitchthevulcanbitch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why does this always happen when I haven't had time to play for days? *head desk*
    edited February 2015
    Why does this always happen when I haven't had time to play for days? *head desk*

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/cc/ccc21ac3c856cb91debc5fe83f748d54897acdf0917e197ecfa7ecd9c4d841eb.jpg
  • kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same since ARC update cant login also I tried to bypass arc and launch directly from STO launcher but game just crashes
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What ever is causing the problem, its not a problem with the STO Servers, as I've had no issues getting into the game this morning... Now off to do my daily Doff & Dilithium grind...

Now for people who are having problems, if only we had some network diagnostic information to look at to see what is causing the problems... Instruction on how to do this is located in this thread...

PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues - *READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING*
  • ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh, so it's not just me. 2nd time this has happened to me today.
  • ussmongooseussmongoose Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's weird because I am still having issues with ARC as others are. I tried nettest.exe and it times out as you suggested.
    edited February 2015
    Well lucky you grouchyotaku,

point is arc is down and tracert points to PWE servers as a culprit so it is their issue not ours

edit: forgot to mention, I'm connecting from Europe, UTC +1
  • kstarkkstark Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yea. the timeout error just changed to Arc is experiencing problems with logins. The issue is being investigated. Meanwhile, I'm downloading the NON Arc client to play STO.
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tracert & Pathping seem to be showing good, but Nettest is timing out.

It was working fine for me last night when I got on to make sure I could still get into STO. Now, the VERY day I decide to return to STO from a 2-year hiatus (I don't work today) and I can't get on.

I hope that's not a sign...
    edited February 2015
    kstark wrote: »
    Yea. the timeout error just changed to Arc is experiencing problems with logins. The issue is being investigated. Meanwhile, I'm downloading the NON Arc client to play STO.

Where can I get the non-arc client???
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    There is a forum to do it. found a way to launch the game through the arc client, but it still gives the login timeout error. about to test the non arc STO client from my old gaming rig. it'll need to update, but it's never had Arc version on it. if it doesnt connect either, the old STO client prolly wont work that I'm downloading.
  • haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    WTF
    I do not get it...
    I play, the connections times out all the time
    I want to play, the ARC things is dead
    I do not want to play, friends tell me to... but then find STO having server downtime...

Is there a way to start STO without STEAM, ARC or other things inbetween?
    edited February 2015
    There is a forum to do it. found a way to launch the game through the arc client, but it still gives the login timeout error. about to test the non arc STO client from my old gaming rig. it'll need to update, but it's never had Arc version on it. if it doesnt connect either, the old STO client prolly wont work that I'm downloading.

Well, old gaming rig authenticated without issues to STO. It has about 10GB to download/patch. :( but I'll update when its done if I can get in. Arc needs to get their TRIBBLE fixed.
    edited February 2015
    Well, old gaming rig authenticated without issues to STO. It has about 10GB to download/patch. :( but I'll update when its done if I can get in. Arc needs to get their TRIBBLE fixed.

I'm having the same issue with the Steam link to get into STO (10GB update). It seems like it is installing another copy of STO onto my computer (in a different folder?) I have a fast internet connection and I'm already 10% downloaded, so I'll run with it to see if it will work. If it doesn't, then I'll just delete the Steam copy.
  • mohadrinmohadrin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Download client from http://store.steampowered.com/app/9900/

Start STO from steam.
    Stop the patch process
    Copy Arc STO version to the SteamApps\common\Star Trek Online dir
    Profit
    edited February 2015
    Well, the game updated.. and it starts to load, but never gets to the character selection screen. Is there any update from the GMs?
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I also found if you go into your arc folder and find the sto exe file, you can launch the game that way.
    edited February 2015
    from the Arc version of the STO install, it craps out at the login. Either on the splash screen patching window, or if you run the client directly, once it loads in and asks for login/password. Times out. My old rig still has the Cryptic client on it. and it finally updated and will launch, authenticating my password without issue. but hangs during game load before the character selection screen.

err I spoke too soon. The older computer with the Cryptic install did connect, just took it a while to refresh. I am online without Arc on old machine.
  • shackrambo36shackrambo36 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I went in to my game folder for STO

and launched: ***Perfect World\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe

And I was in.
    edited February 2015
    After confirming that my old rig completely loaded into game, I used the forum post http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=819701 and reinstalled STO without the Arc Launcher on my main gaming system. I'm back in without issues.
    edited February 2015
    Using the Steam Client I am able to login to STO.
    edited February 2015
    it's launcher loading... for over 10mins now for me... no go
    edited February 2015
    ok, finally loaded and can't move my character over 2m due to massive lag/rubberbanding :(