test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Story Mission chronology across factions?

timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
The rerelease of the Federation mission "Taris" has got me thinking.
This is basically the continuation of the story beginning in the Romulan faction which was inserted into the grander story lore when LoR was launched.

Now the feds are getting a an exposition dump when they play this mission and the Romulan story is referenced.

But maybe it would be a nice story experience to play all the games missions (Fed, Rom and KDF) in chronological order, so that cross references make the most sense and the player gets to experience the complete story.

Has anyone figured out which episode order to play them in, or maybe the devs have that info on a white board somewhere to keep track of things and can make the info available?
11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's an interesting question. I don't know of any exact chronology, but I've recently done a playthrough of just about all of the missions, and here's what I can recall.
    • The Romulan tutorial takes place about two weeks (I think) before the Federation tutorial/invasion of Vega.
    • The new Federation "Taris" mission ends with a Starfleet perspective on the attack on New Romulus depicted in "Devil's Choice."
    • By the time of the Klingon "House on Fire" mission, the Khitomer conference appears to have taken place. By and large, the Klingon missions are disconnected enough from other things going on in the game that they could happen at just about any time.

After that, it gets confusing because the majority of missions are cross-faction, meaning there's only one "true" depiction of what happened - that of whichever faction played it.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Shame the missions don't have stardates attached to the title. ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had originally planned on doing something like this a few months ago, but when DR came out the grind sort of bored me to the point where I forgot about it. :( I think I was even planning on writing which faction the missions would make the most sense to be played as (fed/KDF/fed Rom/KDF Rom), since obviously it doesn't make sense for one character on one ship to have done all of what happened in 2409.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Okay, I spent some time looking back from memory on where the episodes are placed. I think this is probably as good of an official timeline as we're getting.
    • Romulan Tutorial happens
    • R: Explore the Flotilla, The Helix, Crossroads at Crateris, Gasko Blues & The Search for New Romulus
    • Federation Tutorial happens during the Romulan Republic arc above.
    • F: Klingon War arc (excluding Spectres)
    • R: Turning Point & Neutral No More
    • Klingon Tutorial happens after Khitomer conference (text from random klingons on ship)
    • K: Duties of Command, The Hunt is On, Space Chase, Manhunt & Friend or Foe, Bringing Down the House, The House Always Wins, Test of Mettle, "Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning", Keep Your Enemies Closer
    • Spectres Featured Series takes place for all three factions around this time, depsite placement for Klingons and Romulans (In Spin the Wheel, Torg discommendation and loss of USS DeWitt are mentioned)
    • R: Tal Shiar infiltration arc
    • K: Fek'lhri Arc & Vigilance arc
    • All: Wasteland arc occurs around this time
    • R: Voice of the Voiceless, Abducted, Small Packages, Last Stand, The Best Defense and Turnabout
    • F: Empress Sela & Desperate Measures
    • R: Devil's Choice and & last bit of F: Shadow Play occur around same time
    • F: Taris
    • All: Romulan Featured Series
    • All: DS9 mission arc & 2800 series, though Romulans are not present at all (this shows how old this series is as it was pre-season 6 & 7)
    • All: Borg Advance arc, Borg Special Task Force missions
    • All: Breen Featured Episode Arc
    • All: New Romulus reputation arc
    • All: Solonae Dyson Sphere arc
    • All: Delta Quadrant arc

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • jansontychojansontycho Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think you are close, the only exception I see is during the Fed mission "Treasure Trading Station" , Marta the Orion you are sent to save directly mentions the death of Alexander (or K'mtar if you prefer) which happens in "The House Always Wins" so... Yea... Make of that what you will.