Install Arc

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

167891012»

Comments

• orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    spookpwa wrote: »
    So I can stand by my observation that you are a insulting fanboy. :P

:rolleyes:At least I gave you the opportunity to start making more civilized replies her. :rolleyes:

the only ones you would think are that, is the ones that would stroke your ego and agree with everything you say. if they dont you just say that its not civilized and some TRIBBLE and a fanboy or what ever. LOL :rolleyes:
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    orici1701 wrote: »
    the only ones you would think are that, is the ones that would stroke your ego and agree with everything you say. if they dont you just say that its not civilized and some TRIBBLE and a fanboy or what ever. LOL :rolleyes:

I am sorry love but I really don't care what you write now. :rolleyes:

You have shown yourself unable to have a civil conversation so I will just put you opinions with other trash that is of no meaning.

If you are type something insulting to me I will just reply in kind with as little substance as you put in your replies, e.i. if you do not agree with me you must be wrong and you belong to a small minority blah,blah, blah. :P

Hey I seam to pick up your style quickly.... this is really easy. ;)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    spookpwa wrote: »
    I am sorry love but I really don't care what you write now. :rolleyes:

You have shown yourself unable to have a civil conversation so I will just put you opinions with other trash that is of no meaning.

If you are type something insulting to me I will just reply in kind with as little substance as you put in your replies, e.i. if you do not agree with me you must be wrong and you belong to a small minority blah,blah, blah. :P

Hey I seam to pick up your style quickly.... this is really easy. ;)

and that shows your true colours LOL, your the one who started with the fan TRIBBLE when you want to talk like an adult just talk like one and not a spoilt brat. with all the''everyone'' and ''most players'' clearly you dont have any veiws of your own.

i have not told you my opinons of the game, your making a leap of faith and reading between the lines so your alittle late as i said i dont hold your veiws of any meaning awhile ago LOL.

you should change the habit of a life time and not go with the small group of peeps
    edited February 2015
    orici1701 wrote: »
    and that shows your true colours LOL, your the one who started with the fan TRIBBLE when you want to talk like an adult just talk like one and not a spoilt brat. with all the''everyone'' and ''most players'' clearly you dont have any veiws of your own.

i have not told you my opinons of the game, your making a leap of faith and reading between the lines so your alittle late as i said i dont hold your veiws of any meaning awhile ago LOL.

you should change the habit of a life time and not go with the small group of peeps
    Quite correct you have shown little about your opinion, just that everyone that think this game is not the beast things that happened since sliced bread must be in a small minority and should just stop play the game or at least be not be heard.

The one that behave like a spoiled brat is you since you have no understanding that people can have issues with a faulty game that you like.

And unless you somehow managed to talk to all the other players you have no idea what they think. Your opinion is just that yours, just as mine is just mine.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
    edited February 2015
    Why does everyone just come here to complain? I appreciated the dilithium event and fully understood it .

I think it is because a lot of people planned to turn in a lot of marks and finish reputation for the big boost.

When they changed that with little warning people got upset, which can be a reasonable emotion for loosing what they thought they would get when they planned for this event.

Personally I don't care about that, but it is one more thing that annoy me among all the other things that's been broken lately.

I hope I was to some help explaining things to you here. ;)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 10 AM PST Thursday, February 5th until 10AM PST Thursday, February 12th, 2015 at 10AM PST!

Learn more here!

~LaughingTrendy

Notice that the event ingame has ended but the announcement here in the forum and on the website says it should continue until Thursday.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Notice that the event ingame has ended but the announcement here in the forum and on the website says it should continue until Thursday.

It's still active in game, it's just no longer on the in game calendar. Most likely because there hasn't been a patch to update the calendar since the decision to extend the event.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    who cares about who is the owner of starwars. star wars is lame

im just annoyed that they never indicated that they would suddenly change the rules

i've left off the t5 and marks for so long, now they tell me that they didn't want us to do that in the first place

i'm just gonna leave them undone since they will probably forget about this by the several months before the next time they have a dil event

also game is so laggy and the mine is slightly glitchy.

the public mine is suffering from problem of the game not appearing except after you click mine vein like 5 times and try at several different sites

Because the craptic fanboiz lurking in the cyber twilight here stay in cheerleading mode about how great craptic is, even when you point out a similar themed MMORP, with a dynamic powerhouse that created it, and one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) computer gaming company (with THOUSANDS of titles) and that same similar MMORPG has none of the craptic (>>BUGS<<, nerfs, disconnects, etc) issues. I hate superheros/ superhero themed anything. But someone I gamed with here does.... Few bugs,no disconnects or nerfs and if you have a problem with ANYTHING, you >>DON'T<< have to figure out what branch to email, or worry your concern will still be an issue >>>4-5 YEARS LATER<< because you can actually pick up a phone and talk to a friendly human, who'll resolve your issue on the spot and thank you for being a customer.
  • richard45750richard45750 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well I don't have anything against anyone here. Wether it is cryptic, perfect world or the new ep. Or anyone here in this forum. If you want to stand up for the changes or condemn them that is up to you. Everyone has an idea about how the game should or should not be done. But the fact remains that....there is massive lag, disconnects, bugs, and stealth nerfs. Not to mention that anything we have to say is never taken into account with anybody involved in making this game. Those are facts. So I'm not for sure what it is that you are standing up for.
    Here is another fact to take into consideration. There is a new star trek mmo coming out. There is even a video on youtube Showing off the engine. I'm pretty sure that's a motivating factor in the changes. So while everyone defends cryptic for these changes I think you are defending the changes without fully understanding all the behind the scenes machinations that have brought about these changes. I really think that sto has been given an eviction notice. I can't be sure but google it yourself.
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well I don't have anything against anyone here. Wether it is cryptic, perfect world or the new ep. Or anyone here in this forum. If you want to stand up for the changes or condemn them that is up to you. Everyone has an idea about how the game should or should not be done. But the fact remains that....there is massive lag, disconnects, bugs, and stealth nerfs. Not to mention that anything we have to say is never taken into account with anybody involved in making this game. Those are facts. So I'm not for sure what it is that you are standing up for.
    Here is another fact to take into consideration. There is a new star trek mmo coming out. There is even a video on youtube Showing off the engine. I'm pretty sure that's a motivating factor in the changes. So while everyone defends cryptic for these changes I think you are defending the changes without fully understanding all the behind the scenes machinations that have brought about these changes. I really think that sto has been given an eviction notice. I can't be sure but google it yourself.

the best part is that cryptic said nothing about the lag... is like they didnt even notice it.
    as for the new star trek mmo there will be at least 2 years until it can be playable and is not for sure that is going to be released:)
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    akpa wrote: »
    the best part is that cryptic said nothing about the lag... is like they didnt even notice it.
    as for the new star trek mmo there will be at least 2 years until it can be playable and is not for sure that is going to be released:)

What new mmo....

All the games in pipeline ATM are web based games or mobile type games no where near the complexity of STO..

If I'm wrong link plssss
    JtaDmwW.png
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Wanna give some URLS?
    edited February 2015
    Just do a Google search for new star trek mmo. Besides star citizen will be out soon and I'd rather play that anyhow. Beats this game to tiny pieces.
  • johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wow finished the dil week, collected one last pile of contraband turn ins. epic week :)
    so many dinos killed :cool:

will be refining for over a month to come

though still disapponited that marks and rep do not give bonus, should have given us one last chance to turn them all in before removing them.

other games being discussed - i had a read
    new ST mmo - seems to be similar story - focusing on voyager and 8472. may be confusing to play a second st mmo though since they might take a diff direction in story

if this is true, cryptic should have taken a better deal with negotiations with trek IP owners to prevent a competitor going after similar area :P
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The new Trek game looks like a travian/battle for middle earth sort of thing set in fluidic space. It's not really a competitor.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I believe that Richard45750 is referring to Star Trek: Alien Domain. It is a free-to-play browser based RTS game that is currently in Beta. If you do a search for the title or Star Trek GameSamba, you should be able to find the info on it. However, from what I have seen, I don't think it will take the place of STO.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Star Trek: Alien Domain???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XHtn7FaG-I

Nah... It does not compete against STO; it is a different type of game which seems to more of a simple city building game with pretty simple combat mechanics.
    edited February 2015
    The name i never heard of. When I googled it I didnt see a name. Here are a few links...

Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7PmFHlaz8Q

News article
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-star-trek-mmo-game-712234

link for star citizen trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJ9TcGxhNY
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I came across that Youtube video and that article from Hollywood Reporter. After doing some checking, the game that Hollywood Reporter was referring to was in fact Star Trek: Alien Domain. As far as the video on Youtube, it was there was no reference to Star Trek except for the uploader including it in his title. The engine shown does have possibilities, but even on further searching, Star Trek was listed as a franchise that could make good use of it (along with Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and even Doctor Who).
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."