Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

Comments

• Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cecil08 wrote: »
    I don't get this community. They came out, said they messed up the blog post, and then extended the event to a full week and people are STILL ******** and moaning?

It's a game people. Their messed up blog post didn't kill anybody and isn't going to kill you.

RELAX.

Consumers (players) no longer trust Cryptic. Since the current season is filled with 'extreme' changes, while also including questionable nerfs, the trust between players and Cryptic has hit an impass. Sometimes too much change can cause negative reactions.

My anxiety comes from not knowing the destination. If I were to drop money into zen today, Cryptic could end up making an undesirable change tomorrow. What is our destination? When will the nerfs stop? I have a million questions.

"Star Trek: Online" used to provide a fantastic, rewarding, and casual experience. I don't understand why there was a paradigm shift. Why are there so many time gates? Why are the resource requirements so high? Why does it take so long to level from 50 to 60? Why are there so many currencies? etc...

I don't quite understand how 'Star Trek: Season Five' and 'Legacy of Romulus' turned into 'nerf it till it bleeds' and 'macro-transaction hell'. I just don't understand why everything went wrong.
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    linyive wrote: »
    Consumers (players) no longer trust Cryptic. Since the current season is filled with 'extreme' changes, while also including questionable nerfs, the trust between players and Cryptic has hit an impass. Sometimes too much change can cause negative reactions.

My anxiety comes from not knowing the destination. If I were to drop money into zen today, Cryptic could end up making an undesirable change tomorrow. What is our destination? When will the nerfs stop? I have a million questions.

"Star Trek: Online" used to provide a fantastic, rewarding, and casual experience. I don't understand why there was a paradigm shift. Why are there so many time gates? Why are the resource requirements so high? Why does it take so long to level from 50 to 60? Why are there so many currencies? etc...

I don't quite understand how 'Star Trek: Season Five' and 'Legacy of Romulus' turned into 'nerf it till it bleeds' and 'macro-transaction hell'. I just don't understand why everything went wrong.
    Don't forget all the game breaking bugs they so graciously introduced/reintroduced with anniversary patch. :rolleyes:

Hardly a good way to get the trust of the players. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    richard45750richard45750 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As I said before I came to this game because it was Star trek. It was the first ever game I played online. I really have no knowledge about how other games are played. Or how they are ran by the developers. I took a 3 month vacation from the game and just recently came back. Voyager was actually my favorite series. I know a lot of people can't stand voyager but I really liked it.
    One of my favorite things to do in this game was level toons so I could do the tier 5 rep on the dil weekend. Just something I really enjoyed that produced a good return on my time.
    There are so many things you done wrong this past few months while I was gone. Then as soon as I came back you made a nerf to end all nerfs. Quite frankly that was the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time.
    first off by doing away with the rep bonus you are devaluing your players life. In other words my life is much more important to me than what it is to you. You are saying that our valuable lives are only worth mere pennies to you on an hourly time. TRIBBLE you. You put your pants on the same way we do. Unless you are so drenched in money you have someone else do it for you. So here we are......we are the ones that made this game what it is. Do you think you made the game what it is?. Of course you did. You are running it into the ground. That is your contribution to the game. Our contribution was supporting you financially because of the star trek title. We gave you our hard earned money. We told our friends and they came and gave you their hard earned money. Guess what we are doing now. We are not going to give you our hard earned money. We are also telling our friends.

It's more than just this dil nerf. It's the bugs and a host of other stuff. Constant disconnects. Today within a span of an hour I was disconnected twice while in pve and lost what I was playing. I said before that I was going to play until level 60 and stop. However I can't even do that. I hit level 56 and played the next 2 missions. I think it was the second mission and the words were messed up in the dialog. A couple of different places. One time you used the word "that" instead of "than". I can understand mistakes happen. but when you step back and look at the whole, the entire damn game is filled with mistakes.

I cannot finish the game. I was going to play to level 60 but it is too much of a chore. I would have continued to play though had you not nerfed the rep. After all that was one of my favorite things to do. Playing the same stuff over and over and over to level was just too much especially after seeing the mistakes with the dialog. I thought holy TRIBBLE, even after several months of delta rising bieng out you are more worried about taking things away from us instead of fixing your mistakes.

I'm not sure what your problem is. are you stupid, greedy, just not sure how to do things? I'm pretty sure it's going to be the greedy option. It's not that you are stupid because apparently you are successful at something. It can't be that you don't know what you are doing because you have an entire player base to talk to about things. Here's what I think. I think the useful life of the game is over with. Did CBS tell you they were pulling their support or taking the license away? There has to be some reason that you have decided to gouge the hell out of us.

The same things have been repeated over and over again to you in these forums. THE SAME THINGS. You have chosen to ignore everyone and do things your way. You have devalued me by taking things away. My time is worth way more than just mere pennies. We only have so much time on this earth and by nerfing the dil you are saying to me that my time playing your star trek game ain't with a damn.

It seems as if you are taking to heart everything that the microsft researcher said on how to addict people to games wether they want to be or not. Just search 5 CREEPY WAYS GAMES ARE TRYING TO GET YOU ADDICTED. in this article there is a link to the actual report. But it is a science now. This company is following every single idea in this paper.

There is so much more that can be said and done. For instance not everything needs to be secret like you are some government or something. Have some transparency in what it is you are doing. The reasons why you are doing something. Actually we already know it's greed. But talk to us anyhow. You got people who monitor the threads apparently but they never step in when people are mad. Actually only one developer stepped in to say something and basically what he said was we are toxic if I remember right.

So I am done. There is a lot bieng left unsaid. A lot. but in all honesty you don't give a damn do you. Oh we are adding dil rewards to missions. That came after the fact and was probably just trying to mitigate the fallout.

An entire forum of ideas are here. But you will of course not listen to them and probably not read them. So if you keep running this game into the ground you will see us disappearing. You have no loyalty to us so we will have none to you. Better hope a new start trek game doesn't come out because if it does you will lose your entire sto player base.

Or you can start listening and try to create some loyalty.

Have fun everyone and I hope it gets better for you if you are staying.
  • Options
    derbitburgerderbitburger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Day 2 without game-login.

I used to be a daily gamer with a certain addicitve component. Meanwhile its more fun reading the forum than playing the game. Completely ignoring this Q-Omega stuff, completely ignoring Dili reward week(-end). I don't want to give up STO completely, but temporary, I feel that maybe this is a way to show a "THIS FAR NOT FURTHER!" stop-sign.
    I used to contribute money to this game, I have my share of NON-UPGRADE Zen ships. Upgrades were later bought and used, but no more. There is no more rage left, but sole disappointment.
    i realized the only way to make people (not the players, the devs) aware is when their wallets are getting slimmer. Maybe the only way to change something is to abandon it, as sad as it sounds :(
    Decline in revenue is felt by EVERY company! Stop contributing money to this, that is my proposal.

Please wish me luck, folks, to keep it up.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!
  • Options
    raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is precious little Star Trek about this game other than the title. The corporate mentality and developer adversarial mentality are so far from Trek it is almost cynically hilarious - or would be if it weren't so destructive.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Goodness me, someones late to the party.

Trawl back through 5 years of so called toxic posts, if thats even possible these days. They're in there, unfortunately. If you really want to see what certain Devs think of their paying customers do the research. ;)

You forgot one, reddit the place favoured by the old EP.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the change has been brought by pressure from the parent company. There was a substantial investment made with DR with voice actors and general development.

Certainly the game was making a profit prior to DR, however this is not enough for today's corporations who require exponential growth or shareholders will view the company as trash.

So Cryptic has been told to bring in this level of profit or probably face job losses and other cutbacks etc...

It's probably not possible to pull back from this path. Maybe if logins fall low enough we might get one chance for a rollback. It's probably more likely that the response will be a final cash grab.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2015

It's probably not possible to pull back from this path. Maybe if logins fall low enough we might get one chance for a rollback. It's probably more likely that the response will be a final cash grab.

hell NO NO ON SOO MANY LEVLES TO THAT ROLLBACK U SAID!!!!that is the most stupid sentance any1 could ever say.... not when ive spent soo much time working on my ship!!!
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wouldn't count on a rollback. I am hoping for STO2, done right. If this is a dev goal, I'd even start buying Zen again. But I cannot assume that at all.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    orici1701 wrote: »
    hell NO NO ON SOO MANY LEVLES TO THAT ROLLBACK U SAID!!!!that is the most stupid sentance any1 could ever say.... not when ive spent soo much time working on my ship!!!

Sorry, I should have explained what I meant - a rollback to many of the changes such as the queue fail conditions, the spec point exp changes, and other changes to gameplay brought by Delta Rising.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, I should have explained what I meant - a rollback to many of the changes such as the queue fail conditions, the spec point exp changes, and other changes to gameplay brought by Delta Rising.

erm no and a hell no.

sorry but its your choice to PUG it no ones forcing you to do that, and sorry no the spec and exp changes are good and bad but yet good to have them if you Want them.... put away the pitch fork and grow up, its a game your ment to have fun by what ever u do in it.

sorry but im sick of the moaners, complainers and all the babys who throw their dummy out of a pram.

news flash thats life and life isnt always fair
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    erm no and a hell no.

sorry but its your choice to PUG it no ones forcing you to do that, and sorry no the spec and exp changes are good and bad but yet good to have them if you Want them.... put away the pitch fork and grow up, its a game your ment to have fun by what ever u do in it.

sorry but im sick of the moaners, complainers and all the babys who throw their dummy out of a pram.

news flash thats life and life isnt always fair

LOL ok. Hope you won't cry as I will when the servers are shut down.

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    LOL ok. Hope you won't cry as I will when the servers are shut down.

I bet you have a monopoly on tin fold hats? I assume that's why you keep pushing the doom and gloom?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    I bet you have a monopoly on tin fold hats? I assume that's why you keep pushing the doom and gloom?

Nah, I just care quite a bit. Whalemilking might make strong profits in the short term, but not for very much longer. We'll see what happens come March. And don't worry when you see the collective lockbox and Fleet T6 flagships come out then. I'm sure that won't mean anything.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Nah, I just care quite a bit. Whalemilking might make strong profits in the short term, but not for very much longer. We'll see what happens come March. And don't worry when you see the collective lockbox and Fleet T6 flagships come out then. I'm sure that won't mean anything.

the fleet ships and flag ships will mean more then your little veiws as its all doom and gloom, you claim you care abit but someone who cares does not abuse the thing he or she cares about. in the short term you prob wont understand this and claim that this is wrong but wont mean jack, this game is going well new content was good I for one had fun in Delta and cant wait to see whats next. why dont you prove to us you care and cut the TRIBBLE the about doom and spread some joy not gloom.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    sprechen Sie Englisch?

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I used to care now I dont give a flying **** this is day 2 of me not logging in and don't see me logging on soon the dil weekend nerf was th last straw for me and after careful consideration I won't be logging in for a while. So I don't get the kobali ship big deal wasn't to fussed with it anyway. Miss out on the little dil boo hoo it means jack now the game is one big dil sink and i'm sick, I joined the game for the ST name and watching this game transform from a decent game to a bug riddled piece of rubbish that has made me not want to play anymore This is the second and last mmo I will play and I hope lots of players follow my lead if not then I pray for you that Cryptgameplay thats it for now.

Truth be told one player leaving won't make a difference to your precious metrics but you will soon notice more of a decline unless things change for the better but like S Cooper has said this gam is headed now for the wasteland and unlike some I won't be shedding a tear when they pull the plug call me a doom and gloomer but don't see the game lastng much longer give it a year or two then the lack of players or money grab will be to much.

See you STO don't let your TRIBBLE hit my hard drive on the way out.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Call me doom or gloom, i don't care. But i do care about the game, i care about our micro-community that is now a micro-wasteland.

Never a good start to tell people what to expect LOL, show screen shots of ur dead so called places

I got a friends list of about 120 people who i used to do elite queues with no sweat. They used to be on every day and we would always have four or five teams active at all time doing what we enjoyed, beating the s*** out of NPC's and earning materials for the gambling game with worst odds in the universe called crafting system. That list is now down to 15-20 active players, and those who left, their last message was always F*** this s*** followed by a statement about nerfs / bugs (mostly) / disconnects / mechanics that don't really work or something else. All valid points that fanboys of the holy trek logo tolerate so they can keep play-pretending they are Picards, Janeways or something else. I have made connections with people through this game, some even in RL, those are cool people, our fleet leader is one of the coolest people i have known in my life. If he decides to build another guild in another mmo some day i might just start playing that to keep in contact with some people from my fleet. Good guys.

Im happy for you but you cant force people to log on if they dont want to.
    Most of DPS-something or Elite chat channels are dead too, people just left for the next thing and just occasionally log in with question is it getting better. Most of those people don't even know forums exist, they don't come here.

the ones i see are alive

Now we just wait at empty queues that miserably fail if they happen to fill up, mostly because of bugged missions that have so many control mechanisms to prevent accidentally earning the prize that make them bugged and unplayable. Rhihho station is my favorite ground mission, twice in the last week we failed the mission even with all objectives on time and done right - the game just didn't "notice" we were done and failed us with the timer. Undine infil, viscous cycle, korfez, you name it. All bugged beyond recognition.

the PvE or STF fails cos every1 has picked they dont know how to play this game anymore, or they dont like it and TRIBBLE up other peoples game till they agree with them.

So see it's not just the 10 of us speaking for ourselves, we all come from destroyed game communities, be it fleets or Look-i-spotted-you-in-game-and-you're-good friends lists. Game is losing best quality players by the hundreds.

no i see a pack of babys spitting their dummys out their prams, cos they dont get things their own way. and yes it is a pack of 10 of you who say this and that, then if this was loosing that many players it would already be gone think you cant work out your maths. cos Sol and Vulcan look full to me, go ahead and look it will change ur mind well then again that might be hard LOL

Gamer's time is his most important currency in a game, it's time invested v.s. achievements gained, i always tuned all my activities in STO according to that philosophy. I don't care about their metrics or what they want us to play. But now days you can do two things in this game: grind Argala or fight dinosaurz with lazers on their headz. I'm so happy they simplified my options for me, my customer satisfaction is way overboard.

i just see a player moaning cos whawah wha its not fair!

So yeah, bugs are good, more 5-year bugs please, content is awesome (really is, up until Solanae episodes)... it's got a trek logo on it... godlike! If you don't agree with me, please call me more names, i'd like to know more of pro-grind-bug-hell gamer arguments.[/QUOTE]

then DONT play what u DONT LIKE, its SIMPLES

so go ahead say what you want this is too grindy etc etc, so then go out their and find a game where you dont have to thats not possible as all games you have to grind or pay for items you WANT LOL..... but reason tells me your just going to sit their and think im not going to, im too important to this game to leave and try something else..... but then again ive got more faith in bears and woods then a cry baby player.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This is not life, this is a game. And it's a business. Entertainment business. And people are starting to be not entertained. In business you advertise something, take money for it and if it's not what you've advertised you get sued for damages. That's the nature of real life and it can be quite fair if you use what you've been given. Other than that, learn to speak English because it's painful enough to read your arguments with no arguments, having to decipher what you and google translate meant is not a fun activity for anyone.

me and all my friends have fun...... cut the TRIBBLE, tell the truth cut with all the everyone and words like that when you should say..... its not fun activity for me < thats what you Delta MME people should say

but i do have fun and is enjoying this game
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Never a good start to tell people what to expect LOL, show screen shots of ur dead so called places

Im happy for you but you cant force people to log on if they dont want to.

the ones i see are alive

the PvE or STF fails cos every1 has picked they dont know how to play this game anymore, or they dont like it and TRIBBLE up other peoples game till they agree with them.

no i see a pack of babys spitting their dummys out their prams, cos they dont get things their own way. and yes it is a pack of 10 of you who say this and that, then if this was loosing that many players it would already be gone think you cant work out your maths. cos Sol and Vulcan look full to me, go ahead and look it will change ur mind well then again that might be hard LOL

i just see a player moaning cos whawah wha its not fair!

So yeah, bugs are good, more 5-year bugs please, content is awesome (really is, up until Solanae episodes)... it's got a trek logo on it... godlike! If you don't agree with me, please call me more names, i'd like to know more of pro-grind-bug-hell gamer arguments.

then DONT play what u DONT LIKE, its SIMPLES

so go ahead say what you want this is too grindy etc etc, so then go out their and find a game where you dont have to thats not possible as all games you have to grind or pay for items you WANT LOL..... but reason tells me your just going to sit their and think im not going to, im too important to this game to leave and try something else..... but then again ive got more faith in bears and woods then a cry baby player.

Quite an achievement to come out as such an insulting uncaring fanboy in an reply to people with valid concerns. :rolleyes:

I have played quite a few betas, and only one was this buggy and had this much problem as the live server have at this time.

You might love this game with fanatic devotion but a lot of us do see its problems.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    me and all my friends have fun...... cut the TRIBBLE, tell the truth cut with all the everyone and words like that when you should say..... its not fun activity for me < thats what you Delta MME people should say

but i do have fun and is enjoying this game
    Good for you, but that does not mean everyone else does.

Not surprising though that someone loves it, after all some people do love strange things like punishing themself... :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2015
    spookpwa wrote: »
    Quite an achievement to come out as such an insulting uncaring fanboy in an reply to people with valid concerns. :rolleyes:

I have played quite a few betas, and only one was this buggy and had this much problem as the live server have at this time.

You might love this game with fanatic devotion but a lot of us do see its problems.

funny your join date says 2013 not 2012 when they did the fourm thing, so i discount your veiws on this when it was in beta. and little player, when oh whats the point its pointless talking to someone who don't understand how things work.... oh and you can cut the insults out as if you cant make up a vaild point with out them then you can well guess what you can do with it.

Good for you, but that does not mean everyone else does.

Not surprising though that someone loves it, after all some people do love strange things like punishing themself... :P

again you lot cut with the saying Everyone and all that TRIBBLE, you do not speak for everyone its only a group of small people you talk for and you all say the same TRIBBLE...... if people dont agree with you, you cal them a troll or a cryptic fan....

when you make a valid comment that says about what you think and no one else i might listen until then your just someone who throws its dummy out of the pram when things dont go ur way.
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why does everyone just come here to complain? I appreciated the dilithium event and fully understood it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    funny your join date says 2013 not 2012 when they did the fourm thing, so i discount your veiws on this when it was in beta. and little player, when oh whats the point its pointless talking to someone who don't understand how things work.... oh and you can cut the insults out as if you cant make up a vaild point with out them then you can well guess what you can do with it.

Ah I see you also have reading problems. Try to read through what I typed again and reply to that instead of whatever you imagined I typed. :P

again you lot cut with the saying Everyone and all that TRIBBLE, you do not speak for everyone its only a group of small people you talk for and you all say the same TRIBBLE...... if people dont agree with you, you cal them a troll or a cryptic fan....

when you make a valid comment that says about what you think and no one else i might listen until then your just someone who throws its dummy out of the pram when things dont go ur way.

I never said I spoke for everyone, I even don't speak for those others that have trouble with that the game have become this buggy and that developers have put another needless mile of grinding as well as ship traits that only come from bought zen ship as well as a few ships one can grind during limited time.

And if you go though your own post a bit and read them you might notice that a lot of them now come out rather insulting to other peoples views. Hence I reply to what you type.

If you start behave more civilized so will I.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015

If we dont speak for everyone, how do you know it's only a group of small people?

You failed at the first hurdle, say nothing else and let us just think you're stupid.
    Commenting again just removes all doubt...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ah I see you also have reading problems. Try to read through what I typed again and reply to that instead of whatever you imagined I typed. :P

I never said I spoke for everyone, I even don't speak for those others that have trouble with that the game have become this buggy and that developers have put another needless mile of grinding as well as ship traits that only come from bought zen ship as well as a few ships one can grind during limited time.

And if you go though your own post a bit and read them you might notice that a lot of them now come out rather insulting to other peoples views. Hence I reply to what you type.

If you start behave more civilized so will I.

sorry little player i still see a moaning little player
    tinead51 wrote: »
    If we dont speak for everyone, how do you know it's only a group of small people?

You failed at the first hurdle, say nothing else and let us just think you're stupid.
    Commenting again just removes all doubt...

your signture says all i need to know about you....... you failed at that so why dont you delta MEME people just get a life. you say we love it <that speaks for everyone.... why should PWE/Cryptic do something nice for you lot when all they get is abuse and them stupid signtures?!?!?!?!?! you lot think your the gods gift to the game your not.

so both of you can just go pick up your dummy and get on with the game, if you dont like it you know where to go. dont let the door hit your behind on the way out
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    sorry little player i still see a moaning little player

So I can stand by my observation that you are a insulting fanboy. :P

At least I gave you the opportunity to start making more civilized replies her. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg