Dil Event not affecting mark or BNP/Iso/etc turnins

Comments

• kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why is this happening
  • emperorwayne1emperorwayne1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is intolerable and unprofessional.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065993-dilithium-weekend-event

Stand by your word. I don't care if it is an error or not.
    If its working in the players favour - "This isn't working as intended. We're going to remove this from the game. You're not playing as we intended."
    If its working in the games favour - "We have too much on our plate to fix this/Working as intended."
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah... disgusting fits very well

but im sure they will tell us in the next podcast how much the players loved the event
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i see nothing in this blog post http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065993-dilithium-weekend-event about the turning excess marks or modules in dil not in the bonus it mentions the tier 5 completion bonus and the special event completion not being included , NOTHING mentioning the other projects to turn excess into Dil.

its always worked with those projects, even when they took away the event project completion .

so someone better explain , For me this is a major source of my dil , i stock up on marks doing the other content to cash it in during these events . while there is Dinos and other means , i plan for these events to do just this .

this kind of thing should have been announced way before the event came up . stop trying to Herd us into areas YOU want , LET the players play the content they LIKE the way they want . there should be multiple ways to earn certain currencies in game , not just what the devs want to pad there metrics . next week Devs will spout that everyone likes to go to the dil mines cause metrics say so.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    quepan wrote: »
    i see nothing in this blog post http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065993-dilithium-weekend-event about the turning excess marks or modules in dil not in the bonus it mentions the tier 5 completion bonus and the special event completion not being included , NOTHING mentioning the other projects to turn excess into Dil.

It was there. Said specifically that we could. That line has now been removed. Redacted. Down the memory hole.

Check some of the other links for what it used to say.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is intolerable and unprofessional.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065993-dilithium-weekend-event

Stand by your word. I don't care if it is an error or not.

One reason to love Google. :)
  • emperorwayne1emperorwayne1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Check the link I posted, there is the original post of theirs last night. There is the lie.
    If its working in the players favour - "This isn't working as intended. We're going to remove this from the game. You're not playing as we intended."
    If its working in the games favour - "We have too much on our plate to fix this/Working as intended."
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic/PWE - i tell you my opinion with the best way you understand:

You will get no more money from me anymore, not a single cent, never again.

Bye.
  • ragnarnidhoggrragnarnidhoggr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    x10110100 wrote: »
    Ah, the old bait and switch, good job Cryptic.

List it on the main web page one way where most people will see it, then have it work someway less favorably in game with the only bit of information telling the truth basically being the fine print on one small screen in-game.
    mattaukett wrote: »
    Well this is extremely disappointing given that ALL past dilithium events have in fact reward extra dilithium for these turn in's and leads me to unfortunately concluded that Cryptic have once again decided to swing the nerf bat at something that was giving players a nice reward (I can only assume because too many players were perceived to be building up a marks surplus to cash in during the event rather than as they go and then work it off over the following months).

Unfortunately this is just a another example of what seems to be the common theme to nerf the rewards for playing the game into the ground and add such hefty dilithium sinks to the game that its going to be impossible for new or casual players to get into the game easily.
    quepan wrote: »

its always worked with those projects, even when they took away the event project completion .

so someone better explain , For me this is a major source of my dil , i stock up on marks doing the other content to cash it in during these events . while there is Dinos and other means , i plan for these events to do just this .

this kind of thing should have been announced way before the event came up . stop trying to Herd us into areas YOU want , LET the players play the content they LIKE the way they want . there should be multiple ways to earn certain currencies in game , not just what the devs want to pad there metrics . next week Devs will spout that everyone likes to go to the dil mines cause metrics say so.

Check it. From yesterday.
  • haeggahaegga Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    enough is enough to many nerf for me.
    All what was comming with DR was not to improve the game fun it is just making profits.

This game is now controlled by the Ferengi's

After Subscribed For: 1238.51 days. I say good bye
  • denshibushidenshibushi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This nerf doesn't even make sense, considering the hard 8k cap for regular users, 10k cap for lifetime + fleet users. Is dil ore that big of a problem that Cryptic / PWE was losing money over it, and they absolutely had to change it from the last time around?!

Because last time we had a dil event, there were no restrictions. I guess too many people got over 100k dil ore from that, and we can't have people actually making progress in the game without paying!

Seriously. With the 8k a day cap what is the problem? Someone at Cryptic please explain the logic of changing the Dil event at all. Even the reputation end rewards. It isn't like that is something that can be grinded out in a week. People who play the game enough to have stockpiles of rep marks and items are NOT the people you should be alienating.

I don't see this game lasting another 5 years.....
  • tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Personally, I would like to thank Cryptic.

This recent stab in the back has suddenly cleared out a large portion of my fleet's roster. Since those players are now moving on to another game, we suddenly have LOTS of room in our fleet roster.

Saved me the trouble of having to do a manual cleaning to clear up space for all the new people joining the game these days.

Wait...

[Sarcasm Detector Test. Please calibrate your equipment now. ]
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    squadalaxd wrote: »
    Look at all this ****ing marks i grinded for nothing http://i.imgur.com/hmismLd.png What the flying ****, nice nerf you god damn pieces of ****. **** you!

Holy wow! :eek:
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm sat logged in and after the mark nerf I can't even be bothered to play tbh in my eyes this is a sad day as I've always been a strong voice of compliments to sto but I'm just loosing interest as it's one thing after another they've taken and been all quite about it with the notion the players will luv it and put up with it
    JtaDmwW.png
  • bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tradik wrote: »
    personally, I Would Like To Thank Cryptic.

This Recent Stab In The Back Has Suddenly Cleared Out A Large Portion Of My Fleet's Roster. Since Those Players Are Now Moving On To Another Game, We Suddenly Have Lots Of Room In Our Fleet Roster.

Saved Me The Trouble Of Having To Do A Manual Cleaning To Clear Up Space For All The New People Joining The Game These Days.

Wait...

[sarcasm Detector Test. Please Calibrate Your Equipment Now. ]

Applause!!!!!!!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The bug is with the original announcement, not the way things are operating. Those projects are not supposed to be affected from what I've been told.

There's a bug with my original response to this announcement, because it's replacing my constructive feedback with blunt honesty.

Alterations to game design are not originally supposed to result in me saying things like that, from what I've been told.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was sure, we just had a conversation about this. Some PVE rewards were nerfed, we spoke up, and the eventual reply was that they would look at gradually improving rewards. Content, especially compared to the past, is not appropriately rewarding.

The first dilithium weekend since then and we have another reward nerf. Frustrating.

Now PVE rewards less dilithium than it used to and the extra marks no longer reward you more for saving them for the bonus weekend. Are we still holding to the low queue numbers being a reporting bug and not the idea that it's less and less worth it?
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    ...I'm just loosing interest as it's one thing after another they've taken...

The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Unfortunately two people I know IRL have actually called time for this very reason. :/
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Ah well - Dil weekend = total non-event.

Agreed! Boycotting this "event".
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh, wow, this is a new low, even for Craptic... and that's something to say!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok, I was afraid of that. Once you started adding one exception (Event rep projects), more and more started being lumped in. Final Tier 5 Rep rewards, (elite) Mark turn-in. What next, doffing and foundry dil will also be excluded?

Basically this will soon become only a mining boost and nothing more. Shame on you, Cryptic. Mining boosts were available regularly every other day back when at any time, some event was active.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The usual, WAI from Cryptic. ;)
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nice fail on my birthday
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...well this is wonderful.

*sigh*

Thanks for the disappointment, Cryptic. It's about the only thing you get right consistently.

Oh well. Still have those dil claims...
  • celestialbeeingcelestialbeeing Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    not only am I unable to play since end of november but the time i got i used for farming stuff (mostly marks in my case)... and now they TRIBBLE up the Dilithium weekend because they are, AGAIN, not able to give what was already stated/promised??????
    I like this game, I like it a lot and I wanna play it. But the server **** thats been going on since the start of december and now this is giving me serious thoughts of stopping for an unspecified ammount of time.
    I`ve been telling them they ****ed up soooo many things lately but insted of helping me or listen; what do they do? they ignore me.. wtf Crypic
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well, its a bonus event without a bonus
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed. Even though the in-game calendar text for the event is correct, we should have made doubly sure that the text in the blog was also correct. We have indeed adjusted the Dilithium Weekend. Unfortunately, the blog did not have the updated event information. I’m going to take it a moment to fully explain these changes and hopefully help everyone understand why these changes were made.

Our goal for the Dilithium Weekend is to provide the community of Star Trek Online with the opportunity to earn Dilithium at a significantly increased rate on any Dilithium earned through play for the duration of the weekend. As the event had been run over the last couple of years, we noticed a trend that fell out of line with the goal of players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they’ve earned through play over that weekend. While the earn rates for Dilithium remained fairly constant for any type of content that provided it as a reward, the earn rate for Dilithium that was collected using the mark conversion projects during the event skyrocketed. When we allowed mark conversion projects to gain a bonus during the Dilithium event, the vast majority of people were only using mark conversion projects during the event. By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year. We are committed to making sure that Dilithium is more available in game, and to that end we are currently working to introduce Dilithium rewards to episode and patrol play by the end of this month.

With that being said, it is understandably frustrating to expect one sort of bonus only to receive another. In order to make up for this error in communication, I will be converting the Dilithium Weekend we are running this weekend into a Dilithium Week. Everyone that logs into Star Trek Online can now earn Dilithium at an improved rate from the time you read this post through February 12th 2015 at 10 a.m. Again, I apologize for the lack of proper information in the blog and I look forward to seeing you in game and earning bonus Dilithium for an entire week.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed. Even though the in-game calendar text for the event is correct, we should have made doubly sure that the text in the blog was also correct. We have indeed adjusted the Dilithium Weekend. Unfortunately, the blog did not have the updated event information. I’m going to take it a moment to fully explain these changes and hopefully help everyone understand why these changes were made.

Our goal for the Dilithium Weekend is to provide the community of Star Trek Online with the opportunity to earn Dilithium at a significantly increased rate on any Dilithium earned through play for the duration of the weekend. As the event had been run over the last couple of years, we noticed a trend that fell out of line with the goal of players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they’ve earned through play over that weekend. While the earn rates for Dilithium remained fairly constant for any type of content that provided it as a reward, the earn rate for Dilithium that was collected using the mark conversion projects during the event skyrocketed. When we allowed mark conversion projects to gain a bonus during the Dilithium event, the vast majority of people were only using mark conversion projects during the event. By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year. We are committed to making sure that Dilithium is more available in game, and to that end we are currently working to introduce Dilithium rewards to episode and patrol play by the end of this month.

With that being said, it is understandably frustrating to expect one sort of bonus only to receive another. In order to make up for this error in communication, I will be converting the Dilithium Weekend we are running this weekend into a Dilithium Week. Everyone that logs into Star Trek Online can now earn Dilithium at an improved rate from the time you read this post through February 12th 2015 at 10 a.m. Again, I apologize for the lack of proper information in the blog and I look forward to seeing you in game and earning bonus Dilithium for an entire week.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Thanks for the official response and communication, Salami.

FYI in your new role, releasing this level of detail before the change, will help Cryptic earn back much of the goodwill it has lost over recently.

Recent times have been extremely rough for the players. Your "acting promotion" is the best news I've seen out of Cryptic in months.

Thank you!
  • soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Again, I apologize for the lack of proper information in the blog and I look forward to seeing you in game and earning bonus Dilithium for an entire week.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

This doesn't make up for the fact that turning in marks has ALWAYS been part of Dilithium Event time. First you make us grind the marks, then time gate the turn in of the marks, and now nerf the reward and you expect people not to be upset?!

The blog stated that marks would continue and you should honor that otherwise you're acting like a Ferengi. Bad start as Executive Producer.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

I already knew why the event reputation projects were skyrocketing on Dilithium weekend. Because the less grind there is, the happier people are. If we have to get carpal tunnel during dilithium weekend playing the mark slider game, that's less overall grinding we have to do later.

Instead of asking the question "Why are players doing this?"

The question being asked is, "How do we stop players from doing this?"
    We are committed to making sure that Dilithium is more available in game, and to that end we are currently working to introduce Dilithium rewards to episode and patrol play by the end of this month.

With that being said, it is understandably frustrating to expect one sort of bonus only to receive another.

I'm reminded of Futurama's back alley organ transplant surgeon. "I take lungs from you now, gills come next week."

Or another favorite cartoon character, Wimpy from Popeye.

"I'll gladly you pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today!"

Yeah, I am understandably frustrated. I'm glad you're extending the Dilithium Weekend but this is something your team has known for a very long time. To have the rug pulled out from under us at the last minute only to be told more ways to earn dilithium are coming later doesn't really make the error on your part any easier to swallow.

My mama always told me that saving for what you want later is more important than settling for what you can get now. I saved my marks and elite currencies and reputation event completions for this weekend because this is the smart thing to do.

Save, save, save.

I'm disappointed to see Cryptic do this. Players are being punished for being smart. Players are being punished for being too successful.

This is a habit I would really love for your team to break.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.