Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

Comments

• Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Besides, this is a "Dilithium Weekend Event" thread, not the thread announcing the Services sale. Even then, wrong place to rant.

Who died, and made you Moderator?

Support Tickets get nowhere (just automated bs), you actually believe they'll answer a phone call? Get ****ing real.

Nobody was robbed, but we were certainly LIED TO. And Cryptic/PWE knows this, which is why they conveniently edited the blog AFTER THE FACT, to support their lie. And as we all know, the Ferengi say

"A good lie is easier to believe than the truth."

Lies, lies and deception. That's all we get from Cryptic these days. As much as I was overjoyed by seeing the inept Stephen D'Angelo step down as Executive Producer, any joy I had for his replacement has been swept aside. I'd be surprised if the *tease* for Season 10 actually comes true. His predecessor, Mr Daniel Stahl promised the "One galaxy map to rule them all" years ago. Where's that one galaxy map? Exactly.

There comes a point, when a person has been lied to so often, that even when he's being told the truth, he'll think it's a lie. How are we to trust the devs, when they keep lying to us?
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    druhin wrote: »
    Who died, and made you Moderator?

Support Tickets get nowhere (just automated bs), you actually believe they'll answer a phone call? Get ****ing real.

Nobody was robbed, but we were certainly LIED TO. And Cryptic/PWE knows this, which is why they conveniently edited the blog AFTER THE FACT, to support their lie. And as we all know, the Ferengi say

"A good lie is easier to believe than the truth."

Lies, lies and deception. That's all we get from Cryptic these days. As much as I was overjoyed by seeing the inept Stephen D'Angelo step down as Executive Producer, any joy I had for his replacement has been swept aside. I'd be surprised if the *tease* for Season 10 actually comes true. His predecessor, Mr Daniel Stahl promised the "One galaxy map to rule them all" years ago. Where's that one galaxy map? Exactly.

There comes a point, when a person has been lied to so often, that even when he's being told the truth, he'll think it's a lie. How are we to trust the devs, when they keep lying to us?

I thought you could buy that "One galaxy map to rule them all" in the ZEN store... ;)

I've planted a seed, now marketing, "Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war"
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bollocks. The blog yesterday clearly stated marks and processors got the bonus. That was stated in black and white. It's there in history. Was it a fault with the blog? If so, who's doing the QC on it? Surely the information was checked before it posted. Otherwise, how can we believe anything from a blog again?

And if it was a mistake in the blog, then rather than quietly edit it after the fact, own up to the mistake and do what you promised would happen. Hell, the giveaway blog was messed up as well, stating it was only 3 days when it ran for 4. Normally, I'm very passive about such things. I let it slide because hey, at the end of the day, it's just a game. Coding goes pete tong. I understand that. But when you can't even tell us what the frak is happening in your own blogs, that's just rediculous.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Meh, well one less reason to log onto STO. Guess they want to stop hoarding of items .. along with what appears to be a larger across the board "Dilithium Re-Valuation" and "the new deal" of DR.

For those touting certain zones still being good, it sounds like that will be gone as soon as they can figure out the metrics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1355171)
  • Options
    soofismacksoofismack Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just wanted to thank you all for ruining the dilithium weekend event. We have always looked foreword to the event as a way to somewhat gain on this mighty grind you have going here, and now you killed that. Thanks :( :mad:
  • Options
    wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since it's not showing in the tracker, we are getting an event week as compensation for the miscommunication per our new EP - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22133821&postcount=89
  • Options
    soofismacksoofismack Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    that is so much BS by Mr. Ricossa...they killed the event and they know it, now they want to make up for it..Very very sad....Can I get a refund on 3 lifetime memberships now? This Sucks!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    wanderintx wrote: »
    Since it's not showing in the tracker, we are getting an event week as compensation for the miscommunication per our new EP - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22133821&postcount=89

Well I guess it's something that they are extending the event for a full week and owning up to their mistake with the dev blog. An apology can go a long way. I'm still upset, but I guess that's normal.

Now I'm wondering if they'll extend the anniversary event to make up for the first week having so many problems.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I need to step in here and say a couple of things.

There have been some very aggressive posts leveled towards the community team as well as the development team. I need to urge all of you that while there may be changes that you do not agree with, there is a right way to express your thoughts and frustrations and a wrong way.

In this case, please realize that the changed info for the event did not filter down until after the blog was posted and the event began. The Executive Producer has now made a statement and is also extending the event to be a week long instead of just the weekend.

If you did not see the Executive Producer's response, please read:
    First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Star Trek Online team for the incorrect information posted in the Dilithium Weekend blog and the confusion that followed. Even though the in-game calendar text for the event is correct, we should have made doubly sure that the text in the blog was also correct. We have indeed adjusted the Dilithium Weekend. Unfortunately, the blog did not have the updated event information. I’m going to take it a moment to fully explain these changes and hopefully help everyone understand why these changes were made.

Our goal for the Dilithium Weekend is to provide the community of Star Trek Online with the opportunity to earn Dilithium at a significantly increased rate on any Dilithium earned through play for the duration of the weekend. As the event had been run over the last couple of years, we noticed a trend that fell out of line with the goal of players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they’ve earned through play over that weekend. While the earn rates for Dilithium remained fairly constant for any type of content that provided it as a reward, the earn rate for Dilithium that was collected using the mark conversion projects during the event skyrocketed. When we allowed mark conversion projects to gain a bonus during the Dilithium event, the vast majority of people were only using mark conversion projects during the event. By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year. We are committed to making sure that Dilithium is more available in game, and to that end we are currently working to introduce Dilithium rewards to episode and patrol play by the end of this month.

With that being said, it is understandably frustrating to expect one sort of bonus only to receive another. In order to make up for this error in communication, I will be converting the Dilithium Weekend we are running this weekend into a Dilithium Week. Everyone that logs into Star Trek Online can now earn Dilithium at an improved rate from the time you read this post through February 12th 2015 at 10 a.m. Again, I apologize for the lack of proper information in the blog and I look forward to seeing you in game and earning bonus Dilithium for an entire week.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wanderintx wrote: »

Well, at least there some communication.... finally. Still, I can't agree with the decision.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "We're taking away the bonus dilithium from mark turn ins so that it's worth the same amount all the time. Aren't we so generous?" Cryptic logic.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2015

There have been some very aggressive posts leveled towards the community team as well as the development team. I need to urge all of you that while there may be changes that you do not agree with, there is a right way to express your thoughts and frustrations and a wrong way.

In this case, please realize that the changed info for the event did not filter down until after the blog was posted and the event began. The Executive Producer has now made a statement and is also extending the event to be a week long instead of just the weekend.

There's a right way and wrong way to treat your customers. How about setting an example? That's not meant to sound snidey but as a company(ies) you aren't exactlly giving people good reason to do things the right way. I tried doing things the 'right way' and realised it got me nowhere in fact you've gotten worse so now I just comment and leave you to pick up the pieces.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One more reason to stop the PvE, sorry the game
    Qapla'
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Those posts would certainly be less aggressive if salamiinferno would have posted about this change and his reasoning before we had to find out about it in game (especially in combination with this being an older event and the dev blog saying marks are part of it). Always better to communicate changes upfront especially the ones that players will not like. The way this nerf happend kinda feels like you hoped we would not notice it aka stealth nerf. Improve the communication and the majority of the player would react less aggressive.;)
  • Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't get this community. They came out, said they messed up the blog post, and then extended the event to a full week and people are STILL ******** and moaning?

It's a game people. Their messed up blog post didn't kill anybody and isn't going to kill you.

RELAX.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited February 2015

Thanks, PWEAdamanteus. :) And thanks to Mr. Ricossa... classy move to apologize, and extending the event is a nice gesture (and this is coming from someone who isn't going to be able to take part in the latter portion of this extension).
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    There have been some very aggressive posts leveled towards the community team as well as the development team. I need to urge all of you that while there may be changes that you do not agree with, there is a right way to express your thoughts and frustrations and a wrong way. .

Do you guys a understand there also a right way to handle the community? All these nerfs and not clear communication and then expecting us to ok with these changes just add fuel to the fire.

I love star trek and I do love the game. But i feel we are not being listen to. I loved it so much make Lets play videos because I FEEL THE THE REVIEWS OF THE GAME 5 YEARS AGO DO NOT REFLEXES THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME! I want to show how much fun and enjoyable the game is!

But these changes make me feel very angry. We have been lied too and it very clear anything we do to get an edge the team moves the goals. I get it its an MMO but the fact you make these changes all the time and dont listen to us AND make changes hurt the game.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    In this case, please realize that the changed info for the event did not filter down until after the blog was posted and the event began.

At least PWE realizes that they advertised one thing, but going to honor it. We fully understand that we're all human and make mistakes, but while we appreciate the extra 3 days, it's going to take a lot of time extra grinding to come even close to what we were going to earn via the reputation system.
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015

How long ago was the Dilithium Event announced? Several weeks ago? Players (not me) have been grinding for lots of hours to accumulate marks and items to turn in during the event, just as they had done in previous events. The info they had said they'd be able to do that, even after the event had started. Is it really a surprise you'd get angry players?

Extending the event isn't compensation for many lost hours of grinding (again, not by me). The bonus for marks and items should have been honored for this event. Make it clear that after this weekend(week) the bonuses don't apply in future events. I guess Cryptic can't do that though, as it would have been the end of the world for you, and the severs would need to be shut down immediately.
  • Options
    zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2015

What you fail to understand is that we've already been grinding hard for a nice pay off, patiently waiting and building up the resources so we can afford costly upgrades through the terrible and randomised piece of rubbish that is the crafting system.

What we've been doing is actually in the spirit of the frustrating time gated slow progression that you've shown you're determined to turn the game into since Delta Rising was released. We've already done the work and waited patiently.

Now you expect us to grind some more in a week to get the bonus dil instead.

What you fail to understand is that it's not wrong for a player to think of a dil weekend as a means of alleviating the grind for costly upgrades.

A means of alleviating the grind of having to go through making and upgrading another attempt at crafting after yet another failure when an item gets [dmg] attached to it on that so slim chance of going ultra rare.

A means of building up the resources spent on costly failures and starbase upgrades for a fleet's player base in an efficient manner so we can try again.

Having to be more efficient with time and costs is all in the spirit of the KMMO grindfest you have turned STO into.

You're accusing us of being aggressive when we've understandably lost our patience at this point. The forums and the game is very toxic at the moment and you're doing very little to help bring back player confidence. Instead it's suggested we knuckle down and help your player statistics look good after yet another PR disaster, by extending this 'bonus' grind for a couple more days.

I am somehow not inspired to help you with your player log in numbers.
  • Options
    richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    <-- Refer to avatar
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
  • Options
    paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The information not filtering down until after the blog doesnt make it sound any better (never really thought he community team was likely at fault) it makes it worse, not only has a stupid decision been made but you cant even make sure that people know about it in time, idiotic, and extending the event for a week is hardly going to help people who only play at weekends who have saved up, or waited for their reputation hand ins.
  • Options
    soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015

While targeting people directly is not a good thing, the fact that you and the team understand that there is frustrations is a start. Now just do the honorable thing and rectify the situation by returning the mark turn-ins.

It also didn't filter down 'properly' because people weren't informed ahead of time there was going to be a change but were in fact told that marks turning in would continue.

You can't expect to tell people not to be frustrated and annoyed after this change especially without announcing it and trying to cover it up by hiding the change.

Truth and honor must prevail in the Federation.
  • Options
    possiblyboredpossiblybored Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I certainly understand that mistakes can happen, and I appreciate the apology and am grateful for the extended dilithium event, which I will put to good use. :)

What upset me the most about this incident is that I planned on converting marks during this weekend a long time ago. It would have been nice for me to have plenty of early warning about the changes--especially the elimination of marks rewards--so that I could have adjusted my approach.

I'm a pretty casual player who almost never refines the daily maximum, so this event is a huge source of "income" that usually carries me to the summer. It's a big hurt to lose a chunk of that I've worked on for so long.

I'd also take issue with Mr. Ricossa's statement that the goal of dilithium weekend is "players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they've earned through play over that weekend" and using that as justification for removing mark redemption rewards. Contraband and prisoner turn-ins are still rewarding, even though the materials used in them were likely earned well before this event. Why were they spared?

It's my hope that we can find a way to improve player/staff communication in such a way that the rules and expectations of the game and its events are as clearly communicated to us as our wishes and desires as players are communicated to you.

Safe flying.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015

The apology and subsequent extension of the event is a nice band aid to an otherwise dilithium reduction that impacts our game. Lets be honest - this was something we looked forward too and used regardless of the metrics quoted by Stephen.

I actually planned my weekend around it lol - how bad is that?

Clearly I play too much. And spend too much. That's gonna change.

As for blaming anyone for making a mistake, most of us realize you work hard and have to implement changes you have no direct influence over. This was compounded with what to any outsider would look like a bait and switch. My only thought is that quality is a top down endeavour. You would have thought that with something that impacts every single player in the pocketbook would have had more oversight.

Glad you and Stephen responded the way you did.

My Two Bits

Admiral Thrax
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'd also take issue with Mr. Ricossa's statement that the goal of dilithium weekend is "players getting bonus Dilithium on anything they've earned through play over that weekend" and using that as justification for removing mark redemption rewards. Contraband and prisoner turn-ins are still rewarding, even though the materials used in them were likely earned well before this event. Why were they spared?
    Yea, I also save up as many colonists as I can for this weekend too.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, bit ott, no?

/Aggression.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    billdun wrote: »
    How long ago was the Dilithium Event announced? Several weeks ago? Players (not me) have been grinding for lots of hours to accumulate marks and items to turn in during the event, just as they had done in previous events. The info they had said they'd be able to do that, even after the event had started. Is it really a surprise you'd get angry players?

Extending the event isn't compensation for many lost hours of grinding (again, not by me). The bonus for marks and items should have been honored for this event. Make it clear that after this weekend(week) the bonuses don't apply in future events. I guess Cryptic can't do that though, as it would have been the end of the world for you, and the severs would need to be shut down immediately.

THIS

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In this case, please realize that the changed info for the event did not filter down until after the blog was posted and the event began.:

Also, on this point...

What good is having Community Devs that do not act as a funnel/filter between the players and the developers? Is all they do post blogs (full of errors), host livestreams (where their inaptitude in how to play this game is actually uncomfortable to watch, and tweet inane nonsense?

They should know about every change that is likely to affect players well before it happens. There should be feedback on how this may impact players and what can be done to mitigate risks...

Them not knowing about this change until the event goes live is just simply not acceptable. There have been plenty of companies alot larger than Cryptic (with significantly smarter people working there) that have gone out of business after not listening to their customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...