test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cant get past the loading screen

I cant seem to get past the loading screen again, I had this problem before and it seems like I'm not going to be able to play the game ever again. Its happening at first just on Steam (which is why I hate Steam so much it always malfunctioning) but then its happening on Arc now restarting computer doesn't work verify files doesn't work either.

If any of you have any suggestions please say something, because it looks like I'm not going to be able to play this game again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same issue.... pull the launcher and stuck at "loading. please wait." Wont pull up anything... worked fine day before yesterday... tried redownloading the startrekonline.exe yesterday and got another issue about files being read only... fixed that issue and worked ok... now i'm back to this again... wtf cryptic... use the launcher on the desktop or arc, no difference.
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • bester8473bester8473 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was having the exact same problem after installing both Arc and game client on a new Surface 3 (had worked brilliantly on my old Surface 1 Pro). File check passed every time. But after hitting "Engage", Cryptic load screen would roll, then it would just park itself on the Delta Rising load screen. I realized that after the initial installation, I had moved the launch shortcuts into a subfolder on my desktop (to get them out of the way). I dragged them back to the Desktop (where they land in a default installation), launched from Arc and it went right through and worked the same as it ever did! If you moved your shortcuts, try moving them back. What tipped me off to this was right clicking on the game client icon in the task try when it was sitting on the Delta load screen and selecting the Game Client EXE from the right-click menu... that actually showed me an error regarding "missing files"... assumed I must've moved something.
  • velaskevelaske Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    same here, cant get online since the update earlier today. worked just fine, now verifying and safe mode wont help either. it crashes every time its on the cryptic loading screen giving me a notification about some crash cryptic error idk. anyone know what to do?
  • snoraksnorak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am ready to just uninstall ARC and tell the folks at STO that they need to drop ARC.