test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing completed DOFF assignments

angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I log into a character (any of them) somewhere between 1 and 6 doff assignments are missing. I normally only doff on 8 of my 9 toons and I do this first after logging in for the first time in a day. I immediately select the doff screen and then assignments. I can watch 20 to 23 (depending on the character) move to the completed tab and become 19 or less. there is no skill points added, no dilithium to refine, they are just gone. It is particularly bad on my Orion sci and Romulan tac. They usually lose around 5 every login. This started when the year 5 event started.

I'm not sure which assignments are missing. I don't write them down and remembering the doff assignments of 9 characters isn't easy. I could write them down if that would help fix this issue.

I have not completed an in game ticket for this issue. Should I? After my previous experience with in game tickets I don't see a point.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    angrybobh wrote: »
    When I log into a character (any of them) somewhere between 1 and 6 doff assignments are missing. I normally only doff on 8 of my 9 toons and I do this first after logging in for the first time in a day. I immediately select the doff screen and then assignments. I can watch 20 to 23 (depending on the character) move to the completed tab and become 19 or less. there is no skill points added, no dilithium to refine, they are just gone. It is particularly bad on my Orion sci and Romulan tac. They usually lose around 5 every login. This started when the year 5 event started.

I'm not sure which assignments are missing. I don't write them down and remembering the doff assignments of 9 characters isn't easy. I could write them down if that would help fix this issue.

I have not completed an in game ticket for this issue. Should I? After my previous experience with in game tickets I don't see a point.

Aye, definitely create an in-game ticket; might also be useful to log the ticket number here for reference as well.

I'm having the same issue, and noticed it start about the same time as well - with the anniversary event.

In my case, I noticed it more as I always do about the same "loop" of tasks across every character in about the same order: 1. collect all doff assignment and R&D results, 2. restart R&D, 3. fleet dil mine assignments (dil/minerals), 4. academy question for 480 dil, 5. restart additional doff assignments "as available". In particular, it's the fleet dil mine assignments that seem to get dropped - possibly others, but I'm in the same situation as you - multiple alts, and don't recall and/or record which ones I'm starting. But when you're used to getting ~50k ec and 375 dil per day per alt on success (~150k ec and 500 dil on crit), they become extremely "conspicuous by their absence".

While the loss of "income" from the fleet dil mining assignments is "annoying", I'm more concerned about other doff assignments that take more unique inputs - such as the Dominion prisoner exchange. Are the assignments being arbitrarily cancelled/dropped/lost and we're getting the inputs/resources back, or are those lost as well?

Any chance we can get someone from PWE and/or Cryptic that actually plays (e.g. Captain Smirk) to try filling up their own doff assignments and checking them daily to try to confirm this (and then updating the thread title with "confirmed")?

[System] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,157,791.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    eddie13blackeddie13black Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep. I am missing completed doff assigments. Since the last patch this is the third bug/issue that I am encountering. I hope it is fixed soon.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think the missing ones are failed missions. i don't remember noticing any failed missions on my completed doff lists since a few days.

i guess they're now auto removed since they don't give any rewards.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    i think the missing ones are failed missions. i don't remember noticing any failed missions on my completed doff lists since a few days.

i guess they're now auto removed since they don't give any rewards.

I have had failed ones that showed up. So, I don't think it is that.

Today, while doffing, I waited until the new romulan arc mission was offered (why do I have to keep declining this? no means no! STFU Admiral T'nae!). I lost no missions on my 1st 3 characters. I lost 2 on all but the last 2 and I lost 4 a piece on them.

I still haven't submitted an in game ticket but, I probably will tomorrow if it occurs after patching.
  • Options
    glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For me it's definitely the failed assignments that go missing. If failed ones are still showing up in your lists, are they failures where you lose doffs? or where they get sent to sickbay? Or unprofitable trades where you still get *something* back?

Not sure how I feel about this. It seems wrong, but since it's been happening, my assignments move to the completed list about 10 times quicker than they used to. No more waiting around on login for assignments/R&D projects to complete, Yay!
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    glyken wrote: »
    For me it's definitely the failed assignments that go missing. If failed ones are still showing up in your lists, are they failures where you lose doffs? or where they get sent to sickbay? Or unprofitable trades where you still get *something* back?

Not sure how I feel about this. It seems wrong, but since it's been happening, my assignments move to the completed list about 10 times quicker than they used to. No more waiting around on login for assignments/R&D projects to complete, Yay!

Actually this makes sense. I'd started to notice that I was missing doff missions. At first I thought it was old age creeping in and I'd forgotten to set some up the night before! :o

However now you mention it I havent seen ANY failed missions. I thought I was doing well!! LOL :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015