test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vaadwaur weapons . How does the Proc work?

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
If i read this right it has a 99% chance to reduce the Shield hardness of the enemy by 50% for energy and 100% for kinetic weapons right? But how does it work? If i have just one weapon, Beam or Cannon that fires, lets say, 3 times in 10 sec do i get a 297% chance (more than 100 is impossible so its a certain 100%) to reduce the shield hardness for kinetic weapons by 100% and maybe also for energy weapons by 100%?

And what exactly does shield hardness mean? Does it mean that with 100% Energy weapons and kinetic weapons ignore shields, make them useless? Then i would just put one in my Avenger and never bother about shields again!
Post edited by willamsheridan on

Comments

• antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The proc is bugged cause Cryptic is lazy. They set it to 99 to test it and forgot.

It should be fixed in a upcoming patch. Likely to 2.5% like every other proc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The proc is broken at the moment and will be getting fixed soon I imagine. It has been acknowledge elsewhere as broken by the devs.

It should be 2.5% I think.
    SulMatuul.png
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It would be nicer if they just left the Proc at 10% and remove a mod, or 5% since it came out during the anniversary and fits well with the Anniversary ship.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The proc is bugged cause Cryptic is lazy. They set it to 99 to test it and forgot.

It should be fixed in a upcoming patch. Likely to 2.5% like every other proc.

But right now its still 99% right? so i just put one ununpgraded vaadwaur beam in the 5th front slot of my avenger and say "Bye bye shields"
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really hope the lack of the usual Polaron proc is a bug too.
    edited February 2015
    szim wrote: »

No thats intended. Dual proc weapons loose a mod.

So for lockbox weapons it is either... 2 mods and 2 procs (like Polarized Polaron). Or a new proc and 3 mods like Nanite Disruptors.

The only bug is the 99% chance to apply which is pretty BAD for that to go live. Cause as someone else mentioned yes you only need one of them. One Vaad turret right now = always on Proc.

The proc is super strong... there isn't any need for it to have any higher % chance then any other proc. It is also a 10s debuff so like Disruptors if you run a full set of them you should have a pretty consistent up time on it anyway.

To be honest this one comes down to one of 2 things... 1) Cryptic is completely inept / lazy / bad at there jobs... or 2) they released it at 99% on purpose to sell boxes for a few weeks till they "fix" it. Either way its pretty sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The 99% is a foul up, it will be set back to 2.5%, probably Thursday.

The lack of energy drain is not a bug, since weapons that have 3 mods will have 1 Proc. If they added the regular Polaron proc, they'd remove a mod for it.
  • stonefyrestonefyre Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If i have just one weapon, Beam or Cannon that fires, lets say, 3 times in 10 sec do i get a 297% chance (more than 100 is impossible so its a certain 100%) to reduce the shield hardness for kinetic weapons by 100% and maybe also for energy weapons by 100%?

Issues of whether the proc is setup right or not aside, this isn't how probability works.

Your chances aren't additive, you don't just add your chances and cap it at 100%. In this case, you need to look at it as a question of how likely the proc is to fail. 0.01 chance (1% as a decimal) for one shot, 0.01^2 for two shots, and 0.01^3 for three shots. That's 0.000001 or 0.0001% chance you fail to get the proc by the third shot, or a 99.9999% chance you will.

Either way you do the math, if you haven't received the 99% chance proc by the third shot, it's time to pack it up; you're about to be eaten by a shark riding a lighting bolt.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Eh not always. Corrosive Plasma had two full-power procs plus three mods.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015

So for lockbox weapons it is either... 2 mods and 2 procs (like Polarized Polaron). Or a new proc and 3 mods like Nanite Disruptors.

The only bug is the 99% chance to apply which is pretty BAD for that to go live. Cause as someone else mentioned yes you only need one of them. One Vaad turret right now = always on Proc.

Yes you're right of course. It's sad indeed that everything that isn't available for testing on the Tribble server prior to its official release is most likely to be bugged. The Vaadwaur Polaron weapons, the Omega Particle game, the rewards for "Dust to Dust"....
    edited February 2015

That is true. I think that is because most people are of the mind that plasma sucks. I will bet its still one of the least used lockbox weapons. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But right now its still 99% right? so i just put one ununpgraded vaadwaur beam in the 5th front slot of my avenger and say "Bye bye shields"

why would you do that? get a turret, and keep your hard hitting forward weapons.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If i read this right it has a 99% chance to reduce the Shield hardness of the enemy by 50% for energy and 100% for kinetic weapons right? But how does it work? If i have just one weapon, Beam or Cannon that fires, lets say, 3 times in 10 sec do i get a 297% chance (more than 100 is impossible so its a certain 100%) to reduce the shield hardness for kinetic weapons by 100% and maybe also for energy weapons by 100%?

And what exactly does shield hardness mean? Does it mean that with 100% Energy weapons and kinetic weapons ignore shields, make them useless? Then i would just put one in my Avenger and never bother about shields again!

100% for kinetic weapons? So, let me think ... neutronic torp with torp spread 3 which already can one-shot players at full shield, if powerfully boosted ... add a vadwaaur turret in the back ... just speculating ...
    P58WJe7.jpg

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That is true. I think that is because most people are of the mind that plasma sucks. I will bet its still one of the least used lockbox weapons. :)

Bah. My only problem is that it looks weird, mixing orange beams with the Romulan Experimental Array. Standards dammit!!! ;)

What puzzles me about this proc though is that -10% to shield hardness, but if you hit someone with a normal polaron array and cut their shields by minimum 25 energy anyways they lose at least that much hardness anyways, and for torp boats what makes the newer torps so useful is how they bypass shields even though still technically sucking as far as direct hits go. So whats the ACTUAL use of this thing?
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I noticed the "99% chance..." mention in the tooltip, too, LOL... oops, devs. :P Glad I haven't tested them out yet, pre-nerf!

However, I got most of these weapons for dirt cheap on the exchange (thanks impatient sellers!)... so, no big. :) Can't wait to finish off my Bug Ship build and test these weapons out!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Corrosive Plasma does less plasma burn damage than normal plasma so it is not really two full power procs.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Corrosive Plasma does less plasma burn damage than normal plasma so it is not really two full power procs.

Pretty much. The two procs are a 'little' worse than regular procs.

Still, Corrosive plasma is because of it an irregularity in their system (I don't really like those) and probably somewhat more potent than other weapon types.

When it comes to Vaadwaur polaron proc, yes, they'll get fixed to 2.5% on space weps and 5% on ground ones as per todaay's Tribble patch.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    szim wrote: »

Other than the odd corrosive plasma they seem to have given up on dual proc weapons a long time ago.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bah. My only problem is that it looks weird, mixing orange beams with the Romulan Experimental Array. Standards dammit!!! ;)

What puzzles me about this proc though is that -10% to shield hardness, but if you hit someone with a normal polaron array and cut their shields by minimum 25 energy anyways they lose at least that much hardness anyways, and for torp boats what makes the newer torps so useful is how they bypass shields even though still technically sucking as far as direct hits go. So whats the ACTUAL use of this thing?

Think of it this way, energy weapons when this proc occurs, is now 50% more effective in eliminating shields.

While torpedoes, become 25% more effective in eliminating shields also, as 100% effectiveness going towards eliminating the innate 75% kinetic resistance shields have, would leave 25% additional dmg left over from kinetic impacts to dmg shields but, this doesn't take in consideration total % bleed thru being effected neither.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!