test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Work Around

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
CORRECTION - I was wrong. I apologize to those I offened.

You can resolve the mission Omega particle by running the mission Crack In The Mirror. YOU WILL NEED to make sure that it is set as your active mission. Then play through it to the point where you are sent to Bajor. Upon warping to Bajor head twoard the planet. You will need to fight the ships in the area BEFORE you try to scan the particle that you should find around the shipyard.

Good luck. It took me 5 runs to finally resolve the issue. So be ready to run the mission as many times as needed to resolve the mission Omega particle bug. Hopefully they'll have this fixed soon.

I still have had no luck resolving the ESD (Space) one but try the method that is recommended and good luck.

The suggested work arounds for the broken Q Event are not working.

1. Drop and restart the mssion. Usually ends up getting you the same mission or one worse.
2. Do the Cardassian Misison to gain access to the Bajorian Omega Particle - Doesn't work.
3. Change instance - nope
4. wait and it will fix itself after a bit - nope
5. buy what you need using lobi - seriously?

These work around for the Q Event bug are not working. The best option, and frankly one of little hope, is to wait and hope for a bug fix to come sooner rather than later. A track record that sadly Cryptic has a poor record of.

So good luck, if you can get one of the work arounds to work for you, then good for you, for the rest, shut up... go buy what you need at the lobi store!
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Crack in the mirror does solve the problem. I've tried it myself.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2. Do the Cardassian Misison to gain access to the Bajorian Omega Particle - Doesn't work.

Worked for me yesterday. No reason why it should not work for you.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »

That is a TROLL move. Run the mission and you'll just be laughed at. I have recording of this and the 40 plus splayers playing the mission all running about the Bajor system looking for the Omega particle that isn't there.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That is a TROLL move. Run the mission and you'll just be laughed at. I have recording of this and the 40 plush ships all running about the Bajor system looking for the Omega particle in the Cardassian Mission.

So.. in your “no workaround’ thread someone gives you a workaround that works, but you don’t want to use it?

Sorry, lost my attention. I was going to offer some suggestions but it seems you’re not genuinely interested. As for me, I’m sitting on about 600 qommondations on one character, 420/440 on others and gaining daily through the Q missions so I’ll be enjoying my ship just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That is a TROLL move. Run the mission and you'll just be laughed at. I have recording of this and the 40 plus splayers playing the mission all running about the Bajor system looking for the Omega particle that isn't there.

Are you dense or just playing dense?

I can guarantee that you get the bajor space omega traces through the crack in the mirror mission.
    If you don't believe me then that is fine with me, but you're shooting yourself in the foot.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015

This works perfectly fine. Either you chose the wrong mission or didn't play to the point when you warp to Bajor IV. If this workaround works for so many people then the problem with it not working for you is probably - well - you. :D
    edited February 2015
    szim wrote: »
    This works perfectly fine. Either you chose the wrong mission or didn't play to the point when you warp to Bajor IV. If this workaround works for so many people then the problem with it not working for you is probably - well - you. :D

Whatever, I have ran them multiple time and even recorded it. I can say that its a huge waste of time but people are free to try it.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »

Worked for me CST 4:20pm USA 2/2/2015
    Not a hitch. Run the mission all the way to the point where it tells your player to go to Bajor.
    Do so, and ignore the Terran NPCs on the map while scanning OMEGA to finish the BAJOR daily requirement.:cool:

One can even leave when done setting the mission to be at that point, or near it, when BAJOR daily pops its ugly head up again.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited February 2015
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Worked for me CST 4:20pm USA 2/2/2015
    Not a hitch. Run the mission all the way to the point where it tells your player to go to Bajor.
    Do so, and ignore the Terran NPCs on the map while scanning OMEGA to finish the BAJOR daily requirement.:cool:

One can even leave when done setting the mission to be at that point, or near it, when BAJOR daily pops its ugly head up again.

Walk us thru exactly what you did. You started the mission, then what? Be specific. I am curious as to what you did that I didn't do that got you the results that many of us haven't gotten. Perhaps with your method we might get results.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,792 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Whatever, I have ran them multiple time and even recorded it.

This on the contrary looks like a real throll :D

Where's that video? Link it and prove what u say is correct :)
    DUwNP.gif

• prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This on the contrary looks like a real throll :D

Where's that video? Link it and prove what u say is correct :)

In fairness and to play Devil's Advocate, it is not impossible that he did the run and it, for some reason, was broken.

Having only ever experienced the Bajor space issue, being able to resolve that by dropping/resuming the mission I can't say for sure.

I saw both parties prvide a video from the same sector pf space, once which fails to collect the particle and one which succeeds. If either can not provide the evidence then we must by all counts concede with the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    The suggested work arounds for the broken Q Event are not working.

1. Drop and restart the mssion. Usually ends up getting you the same mission or one worse.
    3. Change instance - nope
    4. wait and it will fix itself after a bit - nope
    5. buy what you need using lobi - seriously?

These work around for the Q Event bug are not working. The best option, and frankly one of little hope, is to wait and hope for a bug fix to come sooner rather than later. A track record that sadly Cryptic has a poor record of.

So good luck, if you can get one of the work arounds to work for you, then good for you, for the rest, shut up... go buy what you need at the lobi store!
    1. This only works every 4-6hrs whenever Q changes his mission offering
    2. Bull this works just fine
    3. This helps when you have ESD(Space) go to the Academy and if you dont see an omega by the bay, then hop instances until you find one.
    4. Nope that one is definitely not a fix
    5. Thats a fix for people with more money than sense
    Walk us thru exactly what you did. You started the mission, then what? Be specific. I am curious as to what you did that I didn't do that got you the results that many of us haven't gotten. Perhaps with your method we might get results.

its really easy, you go into episodes choose 'crack in the mirror' play the mission as normal, right up until you warp to Bajor VII, then you can kill the mirror ships and collect the omega particles in peace. If you leave the mission at that point without completing it you can avoid having to beam into DS9 and doing the first two segments next time you get the Bajor(space) requirement
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do you really need 3+ threads covering the same issue?
    edited February 2015
    I stand corrected. I ran the mission a 5th time and voila, there they were haning out over the top of the ship yard just outside of Bajor. I can only assume that its a random solve but it does apepar to work if you are willing to run the mission as many times as needed to achieve it.

My apologies to those I called TROLLS. I am was wrong.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As already mentioned you can just warp out with the mission unfinished, then resume it later if you need to.
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think what should be discussed is that we shouldn't have to find workarounds.Cryptic released something with bugs that should have been caught in their test server.Then instead of a quick fix,like when a player exploit gets found out,they delay in fixing it.
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First, I guess that the workarounds work for some people - "randomly" perhaps - but not for all.

Second, not all players are able to do the Cardassian missions. Remember, you can do that with low levels. Therefor this solution is no solution at all.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Actually, after the 400 Qmendations you receive from Dust to Dust, at a minimum of 10 (upto 20 I believe) Qmendations per 5 Lobi Crystals, at most you will spend 300 Lobi to get the remaining 600 Qmendations...

That's really not so bad considering other T6 ships are 900 Lobi Crystals... Just saying...
    m1957flax wrote: »
    First, I guess that the workarounds work for some people - "randomly" perhaps - but not for all.

Second, not all players are able to do the Cardassian missions. Remember, you can do that with low levels. Therefor this solution is no solution at all.

You're right, it's not a solution... It's a work-around until Cryptic finally introduce a fix for this, which is unfortunately too long coming already...

Having said that, to level a character high enough to run Crack in the Mirror really doesn't take long...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. This only works every 4-6hrs whenever Q changes his mission offering
    2. Bull this works just fine
    3. This helps when you have ESD(Space) go to the Academy and if you dont see an omega by the bay, then hop instances until you find one.
    4. Nope that one is definitely not a fix

its really easy, you go into episodes choose 'crack in the mirror' play the mission as normal, right up until you warp to Bajor VII, then you can kill the mirror ships and collect the omega particles in peace. If you leave the mission at that point without completing it you can avoid having to beam into DS9 and doing the first two segments next time you get the Bajor(space) requirement

Number 5 on that list is why Cryptic is in no hurry to fix this bug. Trust me on this.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jarfaru wrote: »
    Number 5 on that list is why Cryptic is in no hurry to fix this bug. Trust me on this.

And you know this how? Dude, I think your tin-foil hat is slipping...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    The mission Crack in the Mirror actually does work as a workaround. When you warp to Bajor VII, go ahead and attack the middle Terran platform, then proceed closer to the planet. There's your Omega.

I did it today myself.

Word is on the ESD space one, the particle that works for it at the Academy moves around. Some say its by Lt. Ferra, others say at the memorial, and others say its on the big Fed seal.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Doing the mission worked for me, darn long for something I wanted quick but it works as stated. Thank you for sharing it.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just confirmed, this worked for me too.

Perhaps because I am L60 but the mission was another damage sponge. It took way too long for me to run it than I'm willing to invest in a Not Fun slugfest. No doubt most folks won't mind. :)
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    on the plus side, since your alone in the mission its a great place to farm reds (if your into that)
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jarfaru wrote: »
    Except that we can't currently trade lobi for qmendations. Another bug soon to be patched.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another problem still is the mission isnt open to all players so no joy for them today, Like my other me, she isnt scoring today!!
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    edited February 2015
    actually crack in the mirror is available to both sides and their fraction puppets(allies).
    If yer not lv30 or whatever it is, then spend an hour or two levelling there. The early levels come really fast.

imruined wrote: »
    Actually, after the 400 Qmendations you receive from Dust to Dust, at a minimum of 10 (upto 20 I believe) Qmendations per 5 Lobi Crystals, at most you will spend 300 Lobi to get the remaining 600 Qmendations...

That's really not so bad considering other T6 ships are 900 Lobi Crystals... Just saying...

True, for lobi cost it is cheap, but the only way to get lobi is to open lockboxes and that means you're throwing money at the roulette wheel of stinginess instead of buying keys and selling them for the EC to just buy off the EX... hence... more money than sense(which is a personal opinion of the situation)
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    actually crack in the mirror is available to both sides and their fraction puppets(allies).
    If yer not lv30 or whatever it is, then spend an hour or two levelling there. The early levels come really fast.

True, for lobi cost it is cheap, but the only way to get lobi is to open lockboxes and that means you're throwing money at the roulette wheel of stinginess instead of buying keys and selling them for the EC to just buy off the EX... hence... more money than sense(which is a personal opinion of the situation)

The other thing to do is to wait and team up with a player who can do the mission.

Seriously, offer to take someone who is not of that level to do the mission and take them into it to get the particle.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited February 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »
    The other thing to do is to wait and team up with a player who can do the mission.

Seriously, offer to take someone who is not of that level to do the mission and take them into it to get the particle.

thats FAR too simple and way too much like playing an MMO to work here man /sarcasm
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thats FAR too simple and way too much like playing an MMO to work here man /sarcasm

Just trying to get word out and remind people there are players who have characters unable to do this mission that are working on getting the ship.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek