test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will anyne get the anniversary ship?

2»

Comments

• nachyonachyo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First time I've done an Event (still relatively new) so I'm taking the long way around and doing the daily, but since I'm converting my captain into a Kobali once it's done the effort is worth it.

Also, special thanks to everyone for posting those workarounds; invaluable!
    "End the end, we're all Kobali."
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    heh I went there on my Ferasan, for his Theln carrier. My Caitian's is the Snakeir... or maybe I got the ship names backwards but you get the point ;) lol Was gonna do a Vo'quv for that role but the Theln is much sexier and looks Kilrathi kinda.
    where's that ship from? it's way too high-poly and detailed to be from any of the wing commander games
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Someone mentioned the ones near the water in ESD work. Haven't tried it myself though.

ESD works just fine... ground right? I had that few times and got it at the sick bay, inside the club, by the exchange and shuttle area too. All those areas gave credit.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    working on it, made it to 520 so far, so 12 days left. but may only do it on 1 toon. not feeling particularly interested in grinding for it.

There is a reduction for all other toons on an account when one gets it.... 40 like the other event ships. And this one seemed to have worked (at least for me) as I was able to get it for all my other toons.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    where's that ship from? it's way too high-poly and detailed to be from any of the wing commander games
    That sir is a snakeir reimagined by Klavs81 you can see his ungodly beautiful re-imaginings of some of the best stuff from Wing Commander

or if you dont wanna sift through 19 pages of goodness, here's a slightly different way to see his goodies
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That sir is a snakeir reimagined by Klavs81 you can see his ungodly beautiful re-imaginings of some of the best stuff from Wing Commander

or if you dont wanna sift through 19 pages of goodness, here's a slightly different way to see his goodies
    Did he do the Bhantkara?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All my toons are grinding for the Qmmendations, but I am not sure if I will get the ship for my toons.
  • nategamersnategamers Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have 880 now. It will be soon for me to get that crappy freeware ship -.-.......
  • vindlethvindleth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm hoping they will extend the event few days cause of the glitches...
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    600 here. Worked everyday for me even the extreme lagfest day on Friday.

Should have it in ten days at longest. Personally I think there should have been an event rewarding 100 Qmendations relating to the Borg or something. Something like the Red Alert's but setup by Q instead of the normal Red Alerts.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    540 here and the slog through the lag has me doubting if I can get the ship or not. I should be ok since we're still at the beginning. I can't say its been enjoyable cutting through all the lag, rubberbanding and bugs that came with the update, however.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First time i've not bothered with the anniversary event, speaks volumes on the state of this game at the moment.
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm kinda meh about the Kobali ship, IMO. I played Dust To Dust just to get the Kobali Command BOFF but I'll just hold onto the Qmendations and hope that the 6th Anniversary ship will be something better.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    3 more days and i will be able to have my zombie ship

already have a name for it The Necropolis
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    Did he do the Bhantkara?

I dont recall it atm, but he did many of the wc1 and wc2 era vessels and fighters, I know he did the Shiraak of all things from armada.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The workaround for ESD space doesn't work. In SFA I can't find any Omega particles at all. Also, how stupid is it having to use one bug to cancel out another to be able to complete a project on time?
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Look in the map thread for a spot people don't hog and you can do the game relatively lag free.
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the omega particle missions don't work half the time. is it even numerically possible to get the qmendations?

i got it 2 days a go
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Most of the particles don't work for me but fortunately with the way Cryptic designed the quest you don't need to score any points on the mini-game to get credit. So the omega particles can keep bombing out after 1 or 2 seconds and you'll still get credit for that area.

Right now I'm saving up for next years ship because I had 600 saved up from the last event. So yeah if they do as good of a job as they did this year on getting things to work I'll have the new ship on day 1 and broken events that don't seem to get fixed in a timely manor won't impact me for the ship after it.

I can only imagine what else is available for this event if particle trace games worked as well as particles not being hidden in story missions instead of where they're actually supposed to be in public zones. I heard a rumor that you can make crafting tokens from omega particles but I don't believe that rumor since I can't get the particle games to work most times.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The workaround for ESD space doesn't work. In SFA I can't find any Omega particles at all. Also, how stupid is it having to use one bug to cancel out another to be able to complete a project on time?

Is it anything like the KDF BAJOR work around?

That work around consists of playing the episode mission: Crack in the Mirror" all the way up to the point where you are called back outside DS9 to fight the terrans in space.
    On that map within this mission you can find the OMEGA particles needed to fulfill the daily for BAJOR.
    One can even choose to not fight the terrans and save the mission at this point to make it easy to repeat.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still to many things bug in game random lost connection. plus the lag they have a lot of work to do. please fix bugs before adding anything else to this game
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    suzy32 wrote: »
    Still to many things bug in game random lost connection. plus the lag they have a lot of work to do. please fix bugs before adding anything else to this game

While I agree with this it won't happen. Cryptic is too concerned about releasing content especially when it has microtransactions tied to them. The worst part is people still send them money for buggy content.

Cryptic/PWE is the ferengi, unless there is profit in fixing the bugs it won't happen. That is why you see things like XP nerfs and other stuff because they can impact profits on XP boosters and things. Yet bugs like invisible torpedos, ship load outs, and particles that don't work remain languishing around forever.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nimbull wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that you can make crafting tokens from omega particles but I don't believe that rumor since I can't get the particle games to work most times.

It's not a rumor. However, the Omega Tech Upgrade seems to be bugged according to some people. It is suppose to give a 4x increase in rarity chance, but people have stated it only give a 2x increase. But it could be it works as intended (4x rarity), but the stated rarity % in the crafting screen is wrong. The Omega Tech Upgrade is a "universal upgrade" which means it can be used to upgrade gear (space / ground) that is allowed to be upgraded (for example Kit Modules are not upgradeable gear), also does not require any dilithium.

As long as you are getting the common particles (Red, Blue, Yellow) you can start the crafting projects (in Science) that will eventually get you the Omega Tech Upgrade. The mini-game bug that can happen in crowded places only prevents you from getting a high score, but even if you get zero points you still get a common particle. High scores does not guarantee you will get something better than a common particle though. The highest score I got from playing the mini-game was 2,000 and I still only got a common particle.

Crafting Omega Tech (from what I remember)

1 of each Red, Blue, Yellow Particle = 1 Omega Silver (20 minutes)
    3 Omega Silvers = 1 Omega Shard (1 hour)
    3 Omega Shards = 1 Omega Fragment (2 hours)
    3 Omega Fragments = 1 Omega Tech Upgrade (20 hours)

I have gotten Omega Silvers and Omega Shards from playing the mini-game, but they are very rare drops especially the shards. I never heard of anyone getting an Omega Fragment, but I suppose it is possible for people with very high or almost perfect scores (I think 2,600 is max) and if they are extremely, extremely lucky.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont recall it atm, but he did many of the wc1 and wc2 era vessels and fighters, I know he did the Shiraak of all things from armada.
    ah, ok.
    just keep looking, SFA seems to have a low spawn rate for some reason. but they seem to spawn almost anywhere when they do spawn. so search the entire map.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got the ship.
  • metalmopmetalmop Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The daily dose not work i have had it work only 2 times ill never get the ship they should pull the whole patch fix it then release it with a working version this is not fun :(