test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Change In Command

Comments

• mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If this is anything close to a 180 degree turn it's good news.

Hell, I'll take a 20 degree turn.
  • preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We have some fantastic plans in store for the game in 2015 and the same veteran team that brought you Delta Rising is here to execute those plans.

Yaaaaaaay!
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    before anyone laments sto's pvp situation any further, please log into the game and view the total number of participants in pvp ques, or better yet participate in pvp and see how many others are interested. See how many different people you will see from game to game and tell us if you really think there is a point in investing resources to change anything.

Even at its height, pvp matches would include the same players from game to game, suggesting there has never been many more then a dozen people playing pvp at the same time.

*yawn*

No w look at any social zone at all in sto and count the people there, keeping in mind that there are scores of social zones in sto.

It would be utterly stupid and a complete waste of resources to invest in pvp to satisfy the few dozen people who give a damn about it.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did I read that right....they executed the team responsible for Delta Rising?

Wow Ricossa,you're off to a great start....that's some good news indeed!:D
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,456 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    vestereng wrote: »
    http://pictures.mastermarf.com/blog/2009/090223-faith.jpg

I Would Say At Least It Can't Get Any Worse But They've Proven On Us Wrong There So Many Times.

Love. The. Link.
  • tribblenationtribblenation Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So it appears Mr. Ricossa is a big fan of the Borg. Sounds to me like a possible future focus on them and maybe even a dedicated season and lockbox with perhaps a Borg sphere ship?:eek:
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    linyive wrote: »
    Link: Star Trek: Milky Way Galaxy Map

Beta Quadrant has barely been touched.

Actually, no, most of STO is in the Beta Quardrent.

Iota Pavonis, Alpha Centauri, Psi Velorum, Gamma Orionis, Sirius, Regulus, Pi Canis, Eta Eridani, Omega Leonis and Tau Dewa sector blocks are all in the Beta Quadrant.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Sorry. Need to take this for a second.
    Did I read that right....they executed the team responsible for Delta Rising?

Wow Ricossa,you're off to a great start....that's some good news indeed!:D

A gift tuna breath.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pulserazor wrote: »
    before anyone laments sto's pvp situation any further, please log into the game and view the total number of participants in pvp ques, or better yet participate in pvp and see how many others are interested. See how many different people you will see from game to game and tell us if you really think there is a point in investing resources to change anything.

there! there it is! ur sooo (halfway)right! and now: plz guess why.... and as someone who knows how we got there, what potential is in there, how it used to be f.e. in s6 and how many fleets and players that used to pvp would come back if decently revamped (no talk about may new ones/ones that not bothered yet with due to the status quo) i can tell u:
    it's totally worth it!

for the record: i did login....

to conclude: virus, i luv ya man :). nailed! means: i really should stop now :D... meeeh, k. gonna have a cookie :D;)...
  • abryant1016abryant1016 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Congratulations to the New commander in charge and hope to see some more positive contributions to the game. i've been here since CLOSED BETA and I'm not disappointed with the content.

I am concerned that one BIG OPEN map may lead to increased network lag though. Focus on that and this will be Awesome when released.

Kasaqa
    Dahar Master: House of Duras
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I remember there was something in an Ask Cryptic 2 years ago about making sector space travel better by letting us travel freely between sectors without going through a loading screen. So this has been planned for a very long time.

Sounds cool.

But.....maybe we all need to start calming down.......before we have no devs left to develop the game LoL.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, currently if the sheer number of players in sector space is causing lag and/or rubber banding, change instance or go to another zone.

No more zone walls:

Too many players in sector space causing lag and/or rubber banding?... Tough...

Please, don't do this, pleeeaaase do the smart thing, you guys have a test server, test it before launch, LISTEN to the feedback and fix where necessary, THEN release it. Mother's love, pleeeaaase do the smart thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Congratulations on your elevation to the "Big Chair".

I for one am very excited about what is to come.

==V==

:D:D:D:D
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So what!? New Command? Who cares? Your incredible team? Yeah, I read the article, I call BS! So many questions about questioning you people's ability to actually participate in the future development of this game. Lack of customer service is disheartening to say the least. Lack of a tech team to fix bugs and glitches is non-existent. Future content is all about the money. You fools don't have the slightest bit of care about your customers, you just sit back and count your money from the even bigger fools that actually spend a dime. There are bugs that have plagued this game since day one, and new ones every time you "patch" the game. The ONLY reason I even play this is because I am a fan of Star Trek, NOT because it's a good game. You morons at Craptic need to get your heads out of your asses, and fix this game... BETTER YET! I beg of you, sell this game to a dev that will actually give a ****, one that will give customers what they want, one that will care about customers.

You know why STO has less than 50k active players? Because you SUCK! F*** you Craptic. There are MILLIONS of Star Trek fans in the world, MILLIONS!!!! and you have 50k... think about it for a minute you F***ing morons. So F*** you and your new sh***Y command.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stephen Ricossa,

Just wanted to let you know that there needs to be some changes, and MAJOR ones at that. I can give you at least 10 things that need attention.

First thing that needs to happen is that the staff needs to listen to the players.
    NO ANDS, IFs, or BUTs, about it. It is the players that pay the company's paychecks. With the rate that STO is going, it will not last another year.

Second, STOP RUSHING CHANGES AND CONTENT. The players want bugs fixed, and the game brought back to pre-Legacy of Romulus. The time-gates, dil sinks, and grind must go bye-bye.

Third, the R&D system needs pulled and revamped. Players should only have to gather material for crafting. NOT DILITHIUM. Where is the ability to pick and choose the mods that WE WANT? Being forced into a RNG when crafting something is not good. There are mods some players do not want, yet we can't have the option to disable certain mods from EVER showing up while crafting.

Fourth, We need a breakdown system for crafting. If we crafted a certain item, and it doesn't meet our needs(Example: Created a rare instead of a very rare, like we wanted) we should be able to break down the item into it's basic components minus a VERY SMALL component loss.

Fifth, The BOFF system needs pulled until EVERY SINGLE ABILITY that we had before is present and accounted for. Players have spent thousands of EC, DIL, and Zen to get their BOFFs the way they wanted, only to have the new, current, system throw EVERYTHING out the window.

Sixth, STOP favoring the FEDs. You have 3....sorry...2 1/2 factions that have been almost completely ignored. Feds have received 3x the T6 ships than the Romulans or KDF, which only got 2. Feds have also received 3 Intel ships and the other 2 factions got only 1....Biased much?
    If you release a ship for one faction, ALL the factions must receive a ship in equal abilities.

Seven, STOP nerfing everything. Players hate it when you nerf things because players like something. Aragala is getting nerfed, why? Because players are flocking to because the PvE queues are EMPTY.

Eight, The PvE queues ARE empty, despite what your "metrics" say. If players are queued for more than 10 minutes waiting for something to pop, then that is telling me that something is wrong, either the queue is empty or it is broke.

Nine. Cryptic said the the new Advanced difficulty was JUST LIKE THE OLD ELITE.....I smell BS. I was able to run the Old Elite PvE queues and complete them. Now that difficulty is so high that casual player no longer have a chance. You want player to play the New Elite difficulty, you have to start at the bottom. As a basic Example, Normal should pay out 1 Ancient Power Cell, Neural Processor, ECT....while Advanced should pay out 2, and Elite - 4. This way, NEW players have a chance to get the gear they need so they can advance in difficulty, so they can get even better gear, then they can rise in difficulty.

And Ten, The option objectives in the PVE queues are supposed to be OPTIONAL.
    -In normal, completing them gives 1.5x the awards, failing them, net the regular rewards.
    -In Advanced, Optionals are still optional, but there are a couple more. Failing them DOES NOT FAIL the mission. Again, completing them nets 2x the rewards.
    -In Elite, there are no optionals, ALL the objectives MUST be met within the time limit, Or mission fails. Elite is supposed to be best of the best.

If anyone thinks differently, Then by all means SPEAK UP and be heard, otherwise if you don't say anything, you have no reason to complain.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I thought we were on an 18 month EP rotation.. this is sooner than expected. I hope office morale is okay.

As for the news: Not sure how to feel about it yet; time will tell. Regardless, congrats to Mr. Ricossa.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pulserazor wrote: »

Even at its height, pvp matches would include the same players from game to game, suggesting there has never been many more then a dozen people playing pvp at the same time.

*yawn*

No w look at any social zone at all in sto and count the people there, keeping in mind that there are scores of social zones in sto.

It would be utterly stupid and a complete waste of resources to invest in pvp to satisfy the few dozen people who give a damn about it.

TL;DR: Noone is fishing in this town because there's no river. Therefore that must mean that noone in the town likes fishing. :rolleyes:

P.S. Same can be said about the PvE queues these days. Should they just go ahead and delete the game then?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome and HOPE you listen to the playerbase as DStahl at least tried.

Looks like there is a new Lead designer too...changes come in pairs and welcome it. Can't get worse :D
    DUwNP.gif

• gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Didn't take long for the loons to get their Internet access hour.

I hope you know what you're in for, Mr. Ricossa!
    This quote is apropos:
    If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Didn't take long for the loons to get their Internet access hour.

PvP group therapy sessions have moved to Mondays. You didn't get the memo?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry. Need to take this for a second.

A gift tuna breath.

OMG..you are sooo clever...:rolleyes:
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OMG..you are sooo clever...:rolleyes:

I know right. There is a reason why I am the EMPRESS OF PVP!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    I hope you know what you're in for, Mr. Ricossa!

salamiinferno
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Should be an interesting change. Bye D'Angelo, you won't be missed much.

The Sector space being a minor reveal isn't a bad thing. It's about time Sector space became Sector space not move for 2s then have a loading screen which renders the fast warp travel methods mostly redundant.

Good luck Ricossa, I hope you are more open to communication and listening :)
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good luck new guy.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    PvP group therapy sessions have moved to Mondays. You didn't get the memo?
    I know right. There is a reason why I am the EMPRESS OF PVP!

... at least i contribute something to something i like. on the other side i mostly just see "meehpvprant", contributing against something that doesn't even bother them in the best, but mostly not even that. just "meehpvprant"....

seriously: troll home, gn8 folks :P...

salamiinferno

:D... yay, over are the days of bacon :)...
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to the monkey house, new guy. Listen to the Ten Forward regulars like gulberat, starswordc, iconians, and virusdancer. Ignore the rage in General Discussion if you can.

My advice, take it or leave it:

-- Respond quickly to major player complaints. If something breaks, even if you don't have a fix, come onto the forums and say "this thing it broken, we have X devs working on it, we expect a fix at X time but it may be later since this is a tricky bug and we don't want to hit a maintenance during peak play hours".

-- Promote Tacofangs and start a dev blog thing about the art of STO. "Taco's Pics" or something. Basically, put one of those out while maintenance is running so the players will be distracted by the beautiful art.

-- Communicate. I can't stress this enough. The top three causes of player rage are entitlement, feeling like they're being ignored by the devs, and the Scimitar. The first and last ones can't really be helped, so just talk to the players and take the time to explain things as best you can. You will feel better after doing so.

-- Keep a thick skin. You're the scapegoat now, every PVPer, KDF grognard, enraged "veteran", and other whiner on the forums will now direct their ire solely upon you. Ignore the over-the-top rage, just focus on the people who can criticize Cryptic without posting twenty-page rants about your family and how much you stink or whatever cheap insults they're using these days.

Good luck, Stephen. I wish you all of the best.

Sincerely,
    @worffan101
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good, maybe now my 60 seconds of slipstream won't be wasted by a map transition, ever since the powers that be decided to turn off slipstream at a map transition.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    gn8 folks :P...

I sincerely wish you a good night and hope your sleep is tranquil and peaceful.
    ExtxpTp.jpg