test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

after 5 years cryptic decided to TRIBBLE on Odyssey

hurtm3plentyhurtm3plenty Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Odyssey was most expensive ship (+ 3 ships POOR console set) for so many years and it is last ship that actual looks like something from STAR TREK but cryptic decided that this times are over.

1. Odyssey Science Cruiser is NOT a science cruiser! and can't have second deflector. so you may change it name and stop confusing ppl

2. 7500 zen for full ody console set? we know that you are very greedy that is why you decide to show ppl that now it is worth a sh!... and made them invest in new ships because no mater how much u upgrade to T5-U it will never be tier 6 ship and you will always be weak near ships that have 2 lieutenant commander slots

3. cryptic's agenda forced last star trek ship go to waste and decided to made they own story that is faaaar away from movie that was apparently needed to be improve...:(
Post edited by hurtm3plenty on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    #1: It is a Cruiser. It should not get a Secondary Deflector. It is already very powerful due to the Science bonus ability.

#2: 5,000 Zen if you bought the Set at one time. 3 years later that is a steal compared to many new prices. :)

#3: CBS vets and approves everything added to the game. If you do not like the story it is as much CBS's fault as it is Cryptic's. Plus, STO is not canon. It is just like a novel: its own canon that adheres to only its own logic, much like dozens of novels.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the Odyssey would make a fine Tier 6 Command Cruiser.

But buying the ship a third time (at least for some - I don't own it) and still get only one skin for it... That would be lame.

I guess Cryptic sees it the same way, and as the original ship wasn't designed to be modular, making it modular and add a second skin won't happen.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's a tip: Don't fly an Odyssey.

(btw I fly a fed canon ship with phasers)
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the Odyssey would make a fine Tier 6 Command Cruiser.

Oh it would. My fingers are still crossed in the hope that we'll see T6 refit versions of the Odyssey/Bortasqu/Scimitar, with discounts for anyone who happens to own the T5 versions.
  • hurtm3plentyhurtm3plenty Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    variant37 wrote: »
    Oh it would. My fingers are still crossed in the hope that we'll see T6 refit versions of the Odyssey/Bortasqu/Scimitar, with discounts for anyone who happens to own the T5 versions.

that is.... BRILLIANT you should be president of cryptic :eek:
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Gimme a sec, this sounds very familiar... a near BortasQuesqe rant....
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Gimme a sec, this sounds very familiar... a near BortasQuesqe rant....
    It sounds like every single rant from every single specific ship lover who ever played the game. Should we go and look at 5 year old Galaxy threads? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • tjmod2tjmod2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I believe the way ships are updated in the actual cannon of Star Trek is that (using the flagship as an example) the Flagship will always be a flagship until an advancement in technology makes the current flagship outdated. Upon this happening, the current flagship will be either Retired or Retrofitted.

First off I would like to say, the Odyssey would make a terrible Intel ship. However, with the release of the new Command Ships, this is where the true power of a possible T6 Ody would play. So, I would have liked to have seen the Cryptic Team come out with a T6 Retrofit version of the Odyssey until such a time where they could produce a command variant. Or, they could just hurry up and come out with the Enterprise J. (lol, that thing screams Intel)

No matter which route Cryptic chooses, their current Flagship is under powered in comparison to the Intel ships of tier 6 (Including the Guardian.) Even with getting all of the T6 Mastery Abilities of the other T6s and having them active while playing the Oddy as a T5-U does not make up for the lack of a Boff station upgrade. So, it needs an update, or the Federation needs a new flagship.

Of the three Flagships for the factions I actually fly the Scimitar on my Romulan more than any of the other three. So, I have to say, I'm immensely disappointed to see they were not "grandfathered" into the T6 status. Although the Scimitar has the highest Damage Per Second potential of any other ship, It should have been bumped up to T6 Status just like the other two should have been. So, I hope Cryptic has something in the works to correct this "problem." As for me, Im rooting for a T6 Command Ody, or the Enterprise J as an Intel ship...just saying. :)
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Odyssey was most expensive ship (+ 3 ships POOR console set) for so many years

No more expensive than the other 3-pack T5's
    and it is last ship that actual looks like something from STAR TREK but cryptic decided that this times are over.

Ummmm, the Guardian Cruiser doesn't look like something from Star Trek?
    1. Odyssey Science Cruiser is NOT a science cruiser! and can't have second deflector. so you may change it name and stop confusing ppl

It is a sci-heavy cruiser.... but it's not a science ship.... only a specific category of ship gets the 2-deflector set. Cruisers and Carriers that may be sci heavy don't get it.

2. 7500 zen for full ody console set? we know that you are very greedy that is why you decide to show ppl that now it is worth a sh!... and made them invest in new ships because no mater how much u upgrade to T5-U it will never be tier 6 ship and you will always be weak near ships that have 2 lieutenant commander slots

This is no different than any other 3-set T5.
    3. cryptic's agenda forced last star trek ship go to waste and decided to made they own story that is faaaar away from movie that was apparently needed to be improve...:(

Other than the fact I've pointed out you've based your opinion on a set of factually incorrect premises...... I don't think this is an issue.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've seen rumoures of a T6 Vesta on the way, and you can almost put money on it that if we're going to get a T6 Vesta, then a T6 Odyssey and Bortas will come also. Not too sure about the Scimitar, that thing is already overpowered, but hell, Cryptic like to make money, so expect an overpowered T6 Scimitar. :cool:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    also... there was this thing on tribble where something.... unexpected showed up in the tooltip for the Haakona console, which would seem to suggest that IF Cryptic does make new T6 Command Flagships that the Romulan ship would be a refit of the Ha'apax.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    im glad the oddy is now becoming a 3rd hand chew toy. ever since it was brought into the game on a rigged contest for North America only i never wanted any part of it and never will.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • helgmornhelgmorn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I bought the Oddey 3 pack, when it came out.

Flown all three until season 8 where I now fly the Tactical only.

The T5u Tact Oddey with the Saucer separation module is still deadly (Other two are useless now post DR, Starship Traits and massive HP sponges negate both the stupid shield heals from set bonus, Aquarius might as well be throwing peanuts at the Vaudwaur ships and the Worker Bees are pathetic, only the GW from the set on the saucer is worth it but not to the extent of losing two console slots)

Best to sit a Tactical pilot in it, or engineer if you need to survive (Read, fly lazy)

My Setup does more dps than both Eclipse or Guardian, but this is running traditional Embassy consoles and A2B, and all 4 Starship Traits filled.

I love the look of the Oddey, it still rocks (Tact Version) and is super fun to fly, do I want a T6 version, no.

But then I spend an inordinate amount of time in T1 ships because I like them so....
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When the hell was the Odyssey ever a science ship??:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    A T6 version of the Scimitard? That ridiculous thing is already stupidly OP at T5, even more so at T5-U. No - a T6 version of a ship that relegates almost everything else to second-fiddle would be a mistake.

They could leave the Scimitar as it is, figure out a weak starship mastery trait, slap that on, and call it Tier 6. ;)

If they add a new skin for it, it would still seem fair. (as far as ship pricing goes).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It would never happen but I might actually be tempted by T6 versions of the three packs if there was a sufficient discount for having already bought them once.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It would never happen but I might actually be tempted by T6 versions of the three packs if there was a sufficient discount for having already bought them once.

This.

But considering no discount for T6 Intrepid if you owned the T5 one, I'd doubt we'd get a discount.

1000 zen to move up to T6? Sure. 6000 or 7500 to rebuy the ships?...Not likely.
  • cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I fly an Engineering Odyssey that I upgraded to T-5U. I bought both only by farming Dil.

If they came out with a Command Odyssey T6, I would gladly shell out some money for it :)

*hint hint* Cryptic
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I guess we will see a lot more old ships that would have been very fitting for existing and future specializations. No luck there I guess. Otherwise Cosmic already covered everything necessary to annihilate the OP. Carry on ! :D
This discussion has been closed.