test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No way for me to get the "free" ship now....

Comments

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    redheadguy wrote: »
    First day I couldn't get any points no matter how many times I ran the mini game. Next day and today I can't even complete the FRAK'n mission to get the stupid Q-somethings! :mad:
    At this point I don't see any reason to continue trying for the so-called "free" ship. Unless I wast lots of money buying the stupid Q-things. But then it's not really free. And you know the dev's won't bother fixing this until the very last day, when there is no time left to get enough Q things anyway.
    Sound familiar people? (Hint: Breen warship)

First things first, today is Sunday February 1st 2015 - From here to the 25th, that is 25 days of solid run, I don't count the 36th because they tend to end the event early, so technically that day does not count unless you wake up super early.

25 days x 40 Qmendations from the daily = 1K Qmendation, that does not include the automatic 400 Qmendation reward for doing the mission Dust to Dust. - In other words you have plenty of time to get the Kobali Battlecruiser.

So I don't understand what is the issue, other than the constant server load and lag caused by the playerbase, or lag from that horrendous patch done on the 29th of Jan.

You already obtained 400 Qmendations from the mission, that is about a two weeks worth of daily grind. The event is only in its 4th day as of today.

Remember to pay attention to space and ground requirements, or else you be forever trying to do the mini game. Also Bajor and ESD Space is bugged to hell, so drop and retake.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I did the mission, that worked for me right from the start. And I had some Qmendations left from last year's event. So I'm not afraid. I am sure that if nothing else is going to break, I will be able to obtain the new ship.

My summary of today was meant to show where there are still some original problems remaining. After several days of the anniversary event some of that problems are not resolved yet.

That seems to me a significant information for players and cryptic!
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you cannot run the "dust to dust' episode yourself. Try to find someone who can and team up with them. it works! I do it!
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So you'd be happy if this was more like other MMOs and the only option was to buy the ship for $25 - $50?

If so, please understand that many of us are happy to do some grinding for a FREE T6 SHIP.
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    I think people need to be checking Ground vs Space more. Easy to miss, but critical to mission success...
    I think people need to get over themselves and get the 400 qmendations from the feature episode so they dont have to whine about missing a day or two of the omega game.

Actually no you aren't... there is an EXPECTATION of satisfaction, and many companies will work with customers that were not satisfied in some form or another but there is no guarantee unless explicitly stated.

You've all gone WAY OFF topic! My point had nothing to do with the amount of grind or running the Dust to dust mission, (which I've already done). My point was that the Daily mission is so broken, that I can't turn it in AT ALL! Meaning I CANT GET THE Q-MARKS AT ALL!
    That's the point I was making. :rolleyes:
    jezz people!
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think people need to get over themselves and get the 400 qmendations from the feature episode so they don't have to whine about missing a day or two of the omega game.

Or maybe you should get over YOURSELF as I've already run the feature episode, but can't turn in the daily mission AT ALL there for I have no way of unlocking this ship! Not without paying for it out right. :(
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    You've all gone WAY OFF topic! My point had nothing to do with the amount of grind or running the Dust to dust mission, (which I've already done). My point was that the Daily mission is so broken, that I can't turn it in AT ALL! Meaning I CANT GET THE Q-MARKS AT ALL!
    jezz people!

Then you're SOL and the most unlucky player, since you and only you seem to have that issue. Is this a new BUG that just happened? Because this the first I heard of someone not being able to turn in the mission for a reward.

I suggest you take this to the BUG report section of this forum and place in a ticket, since it seems you're the only one with this issue. I am not saying the BUG doesn't exist, just saying you are the first of PROBABLE many.:rolleyes:
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • steampunkrajasteampunkraja Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    KDF Character is not taking the my Qmendations. i have over 500 hundred but I cant use them to get the ship!
    Help!
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jezz people!

So, rather than opening a ticket over, what would seem to be a problem affecting a very limited number of players (so far you're the only one to raise this publicly I've seen - on either the forums or zone chat), you decide to go on a forum rant quitting on the first day...

Productive...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First day I couldn't get any points no matter how many times I ran the mini game. Next day and today I can't even complete the FRAK'n mission to get the stupid Q-somethings! :mad:
    At this point I don't see any reason to continue trying for the so-called "free" ship. Unless I wast lots of money buying the stupid Q-things. But then it's not really free. And you know the dev's won't bother fixing this until the very last day, when there is no time left to get enough Q things anyway.

Umm keep it slotted in the Rep Window and finish it next Winter.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I don't understand.

You don't need to score points to get the credit towards your qommondations and the particle trace. You could literally go in, get ZERO points and still get 100% of the reward so... what's going on?

The only trouble I've run into so far is Bajor Space. There simply was NO particles to be found and, therefore, the daily could not be compelted. I dropped it, picked it up again without the Bajor space, and completed it wiht no issues.

Granted, sometimes as I start the minigame is abruptly ends with no points, but I still get the trace particle AND the credit towards the qommondations so, again, what do you mean, OP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    I don't understand.

You don't need to score points to get the credit towards your qommondations and the particle trace. You could literally go in, get ZERO points and still get 100% of the reward so... what's going on?

The only trouble I've run into so far is Bajor Space. There simply was NO particles to be found and, therefore, the daily could not be compelted. I dropped it, picked it up again without the Bajor space, and completed it wiht no issues.

Granted, sometimes as I start the minigame is abruptly ends with no points, but I still get the trace particle AND the credit towards the qommondations so, again, what do you mean, OP?
    Yes, this.

At what point, exactly, do you get to when it becomes obvious that you cannot complete the mission? Are you able to collect particles? If so, how many? If not, what happens that stops you? If you can get 3 particles from the proper locations (this is key because you can still get them from places that are not part of the mission!) what stops you from turning it in?

Just trying to narrow down to what is going wrong for you.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    /threadjack

Is the Samsar Cruiser box bound in any way?
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    /threadjack

Is the Samsar Cruiser box bound in any way?

I'd assume that it's bound to character. The warp core that comes with it is. (One of my fleetmates got it already.)

I also haven't had any problems completing the daily, even when the game wigs out entirely. That's actually best for me, because then I get the traces quicker. (Cause that's all I've gotten.)
  • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the difference being its only "poor service" in your opinion, some of us don't consider playing a 2 minute minigame daily for 2 weeks to be all that inconvienient to get a free ship :rolleyes:

I said nothing about minigames or the like, only principal. However, if you want to get technical, "good" or "poor" service is actually defined by contracts and laws, with courts stepping in if needed to resolve differences of opinion.

Please remind me... How much does it cost to play STO?

I don't know. What are you looking to buy?
    No. There can not be a guarantee that a customer of a computer game will be satisfied. If you love FPS you can't expect a 4X game to provide a satisfying experience.

If you paid money for STO ( which you don't need to to get access to it), you are only entitled to get what you paid for - access to the game, particular in-game items, whatever. Not that you also like it.

"Like" and "Satisfaction" are two very different terms. I'm not aware of any contracts explicitly guaranteeing "liking" anything because of the inherent problems of that word (as a provider, you'd have to be a fool to even agree to a contract with that).

However, "satisfaction" can be and is incorporated. Outside parties can, if necessary, judge whether a provider has acted in good faith to satisfy the terms of an agreement, even evaluate whether those terms were even appropriate to begin with.
    edited February 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    You need a thousand, unless you have the ship already on another character, in which case you need 40.

In either case, you should have a project listed in the Events tab of your Reputation screen, to which you would donate your Qmendations. It is not done automatically.

That's just it. I can't donate my Qmendations. It just sets there and looks at me when I try to add them. Whether it 1, 40 or 1000. I can't add them.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's just it. I can't donate my Qmendations. It just sets there and looks at me when I try to add them. Whether it 1, 40 or 1000. I can't add them.

Okay, let’s try this step by step (I apologize if some of this seems redundant). Have you:

1: gone into your reputation tab and selected ‘events’
    2: selected an available active reputation ‘mission’ to pursue (i.e. the 5th Anniversary ship)
    3: attempted to dump your collected qommondations into said ‘mission’ by clicking on ‘contribute’?
    4: after contribuitng 1000, get ship (40 for alts after this is completed)

That’s pretty much all you have to do. Collect as many qommondations as you want, if you haven’t completed steps 1 & 2 you won’t be ever get to step 3, let alone step 4.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    stark2k wrote: »
    First things first, today is Sunday February 1st 2015 - From here to the 25th, that is 25 days of solid run, I don't count the 36th because they tend to end the event early, so technically that day does not count unless you wake up super early.

36th of February? Must be a leap year. :D
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, its actually a real nice ship and the only one right now with a command seat. Command is fun.

Not sure on the OP's personal resources, but i used lobi to get mine after doing the FE. Only cost about 200 or so. You get much more commendations than you would in the winter event lobi boxes.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I do feel Cryptic needs to extend the event at least a day for those whom could not do the OMEGA daily on Friday due to BAJOR/ESD being bugged.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    At the end of the event they'll do what they did with the Dyson ship last year - release an awesome 9 pack which makes the ship you just spent a month grinding for look like a poor shadow of itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It would be simpler to adjust the reward from 40 to 50 Qmendations, that way same rewards but in a shorter time frame to solve the issue. Much easier than extending the event.
    js26568 wrote: »
    At the end of the event they'll do what they did with the Dyson ship last year - release an awesome 9 pack which makes the ship you just spent a month grinding for look like a poor shadow of itself.

Probably, but to make it a shadow of itself it would have to be actually a great ship. Currently it's just a T6 Galaxy with a snazzy looking shape.

If the 9 pack has a Hangar then it might make it worthwhile, but then they'd need a Kobali Frigate and therefore Frigate Pet as well as many many variations for the 3 races to even contemplate a 9 pack.

If there's going to be a 9 pack it'll be remakes of the old T5 ships or it'll be something new/different for them. Most likely Command revamps of Odyssey, Bortas'Qu and probably D'Deridex.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited February 2015

breen worked, finally. It took them long enough to get a fix out, but it did work. I claimed all three on several toons on the last 3 or so days of it.

And this one... why can't you do the mission? The mission is pretty.... "challenged" is the PC word I think ... but its not terribly difficult to do. I had to redo a few platforms and spent a while in the maze, but everything *worked*.

As for the omega particles... they work too, mostly. A few areas are bugged and they know it. All the kdf ones have worked for me, so if you can't figure it out with your fed, try your kdf toon if you have one.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015

Places I know for sure are bugged.
    1) Defera ground - No way to complete it for me.
    2) ESD space - SFA completable if you scan particles close to the water.
    edited February 2015
    j0hn41 wrote: »
    36th of February? Must be a leap year. :D

LOL - yeah just caught the typo as of right now :D

Meant 26th, but in actuality, knowing Cryptic, they'll cancel earlier on that day, so best mark it for the 25th as the official end date.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Places I know for sure are bugged.
    1) Defera ground - No way to complete it for me.
    2) ESD space - SFA completable if you scan particles close to the water.

How is Defera Ground bugged? I had no trouble with it last night. Did you go to the right map?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited February 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    Okay, let’s try this step by step (I apologize if some of this seems redundant). Have you:

1: gone into your reputation tab and selected ‘events’
    2: selected an available active reputation ‘mission’ to pursue (i.e. the 5th Anniversary ship)
    3: attempted to dump your collected qommondations into said ‘mission’ by clicking on ‘contribute’?
    4: after contribuitng 1000, get ship (40 for alts after this is completed)

That’s pretty much all you have to do. Collect as many qommondations as you want, if you haven’t completed steps 1 & 2 you won’t be ever get to step 3, let alone step 4.

Good luck.

I've done all of that, but still know luck. I'll keep trying
    edited February 2015
    I've done all of that, but still know luck. I'll keep trying

Well I now have over 1000 qmendations but I still can't get the ship! Help