test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character constantly stops moving

amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So I didn't put this in bug reports because it's...well, honestly I'm not really sure what it is, but I'm curious if anyone else has the same issue.

Every several seconds when I'm moving in the game, my character will suddenly stop moving forward. At this point my mouse still works, I can still click on things, I can move side to side, I can move backwards, however I will not be able to move forward at all until I release the key and press it again. Then it'll start working, until several seconds later when it again stops.

It's definitely not a keyboard issue as I've tried alternative peripherals and have exactly the same issue with those. The weird thing is that it ONLY happens on the Cryptic games. The exact same thing happens in Neverwinter and Champions Online, and yet on this same computer this issue does not happen in any other game I play. I play a lot of games, and this occurs exclusively on Cryptic titles, and in all three to boot. It's rather odd. Just curious if anyone had any thoughts.
Post edited by amenephis on

Comments

• abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have had this happen on occasion too. I'll be moving forward, and all of a sudden my character stops. In order to continue, I have to release the forward key, and press it again. I have just chalked it up to lag. It's annoying, especially when doing the sliding ramp part in ashes to ashes.

Thinking back, I did have this issue on Neverwinter and Champions as well. I just never connected the issue being related to Cryptic titles.

Interesting.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes it happened to me a few times as well. Mostly during combat but that is probably unrelated. When it happens I too have to release the key I'm holding down and press it again. But in my case it happened alot less than OP mentioned.
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Interesting. I'm seeing a few people indicating the same over on the NW forums too.
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, I contacted support, they told me this is a known issue. It also has been happening for over a year. Put those two together, and draw your own conclusions.