test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 days, still lag/rubberbanding

ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
So it's been 3 days since Cryptic said "oh just wait 2-3 days, and it'll get better! No need us for us to do anything."

I'm still rubberbanding like crazy in areas and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better. Let me guess their new solution: wait another 3 days?

Idk about Cryptic, but if I were a game developer and made an event for THE ANNIVERSERY OF A GAME I WORKED SO HARD ON SO PEOPLE CAN HAVE FUN, I would make sure it actually works without having so many issues!
Post edited by ak255 on

Comments

• Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Where? Game has been fine for me.
  • Options
    bertysmithbertysmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im also getting crazy lag still and slow ui on clicking. Its just terribly good fun.
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    same here EU region. rubberbanding hard. specially on ESD. space is less. wasnt there before the 5th anniversary patch...

cant do the daily as when o click stabilize particle it goes to 50% percent and then vanish (no matter which zone) i cant even start the mini game as it does not actually recognizes the command on cryptics end.... well and 4 fleet mates who live near me have the same problem
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's not Cryptic's fault, it's yours. All of you have terrible connections. Now go get your connections fixed, because you are causing me lag and rubberbanding.

Thanks. :D
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Someone feed the server hamsters! They DO need food and water to run, you know that, right?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Someone feed the server hamsters! They DO need food and water to run, you know that, right?

Everything's fine. killer1986chris and plasmanugget confirm that everything is good on Cryptics end.

Everyone here just needs to work on his or her connection. Oh and a C-64? Come on man, time to upgrade.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ground and Space are pretty much unplayable for me. I click on something in my try and have to wait 3 seconds for a reaction. I'm just going in setting up R&D projects and getting the hell out.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rubberbanding has stopped for me, but I still have lots of lag on boff abilities.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Must be hard playing STO on a Commodore 64...

Think it is the Vic 20 he has actually..
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have noted a lot of problems in game since the event started, unresponsiveness of control, rubber-banding, lag, getting dropped from instances, …. My Klingon suddenly ended up back at Qo'noS (without pressing transwarp:eek:) after hauling a$$ all the way to Dronza.:mad:

If you are lucky on the Omega minigame / Academy Mini Q’s you can go into an instance with low numbers and it is playable – large numbers lag, rubber-banding and if you very unlucky you could have a crash.

From speaking with some players in games – it’s worse on the EU side than the US :rolleyes:
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah the rubber band / lag is still lingering. I mostly play in the mornings. So the people playing is less. I noticed there was lag when you get in range to fire. As the icons don't activate. Same goes to ground, where my weapon don't recharge like it supposed to. To show you can fire again. Its not bad on where your ship/person moves back after you went a distance. But the lag effect is still in. Also when you do hit the icon to use the skill. There is like a 1-3 sec delay as well.

This is the worse I saw it. Specially since its such a minor change to the game.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    same thing here, i wanted to try the new stuff, and the game was almost unplayable, ui skills take at least 4 or 5 sec to work etc etc. I wanted to give a chance to STO because i left the game 1 or 2 months ago, but now good bye for a long time.

oh btw, it's my fault: 250 mega/s fiber connection; this can't be the fault of the cryptic servers :rolleyes:

this game is just a heap of TRIBBLE