test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge Officer Training Info

warpdustdevwarpdustdev Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Thanks everyone who provided feedback and informed us about any bugs you might have found when testing on Tribble. The team has been working hard to polish the system before it goes live and your responses have been very helpful. In particular from player feedback we made sure that the Training Manuals had their own easy to search categories within the Exchange. We also lowered the Dilithium cost and Time required to create the PADD component which is needed for crafting the High End Training Manuals.

One feature that will not be finished when the system goes live is the handling of rare abilities that can only be obtained from rare bridge officers (randomly generated or special mission rewards). We are still working on this feature and will provide more information on it in the future. For the moment though we wanted to inform the community that if they already have these rare bridge officers or obtain any in the future to not delete them. Make sure to keep them and once this feature is complete it will allow players to train other bridge officers with those rare abilities. The details on how this feature will function is still under review and development.

Thanks,

Mike “Warpdust” McTyre
System Designer
Star Trek Online
Post edited by warpdustdev on

Comments

• Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for addressing this but i hope were not left waiting for the finished version like we are already with the crafting.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The details on how this feature will function is still under review and development.

Mike “Warpdust” McTyre
    System Designer
    Star Trek Online

most players find this unacceptable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The details on how this feature will function is still under review and development.

Thanks,

Mike “Warpdust” McTyre
    System Designer
    Star Trek Online

Unacceptable. Pull this feature from the launch if you have to. But don't... No. Don't do that unless you actually WANT more player hostility towards your team. I'll keep my mouth shut about that for a while, but... most people won't, let's just say that.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I want to point out that the current system is more a hindrance than an improvement. Once completed, it will be awesome, but right now, it's a problem.
    We can't train the BOFF the way we want to, and we are stuck with what we have, until you add the rest.

I think it would be better to not add the revamp until it's complete and ready to go. As it is, it will be a problem. You are basically changing my car with one without wheels. Sure, it will be a better car when it's done, but in the meantime, I'm pretty much stuck.

Especially if there are any complications, and it takes longer than intended. I don't want to wait months or perhaps a year (secondary deflectors comes to mind), with a half done revamp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At this point, I think people would rather pay you guys to NOT TRIBBLE things up that don't need to be screwed with. Honestly, you'll make more money that way.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Right now you cannot make any manuals that use rank 3 powers. Things like Torpedo High Yield III for example. I'm missing a doff. Even though I can make intel/command manuals, I can't make the tactical ones on my tac.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The lack of being able to train these rare abilities is the one blemish on an otherwise excellent system revamp. I've wanted this new training to be live the day I played around with it, but it's really disappointing that it will be shipping in an unfinished state, with these abilities unaccounted for. Just wanted to leave some calm, reasonable feedback about that, because this is an excellent revamp otherwise and way better than the training UI we're stuck with currently.

I hope support for these is fast tracked, or you'll be losing one of the big draws of the system, since we'll have to start adding random boffs to our roster when we want these skills. Training what I know I'm going to want to my core crew before it goes live.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's not finished. Don't release it. You put the other vendor skills into manuals - new items - and cannot put these into manuals - new items?

Finish it and release it finished. Don't put more half-baked cookies on the shelf and then get back to finishing it months later if at all.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    It's not finished. Don't release it.

This. ;)

Please finalize your work before put this on holodeck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This. ;)

Please finalize your work before put this on holodeck.

We expressed this wish this time last year. Cryptic pushed loadouts out any way and we are still waiting for them to work reliably.

Thank you very much for keeping us updated though warpdustdev. Please don't take the feedback hear as dissatisfaction with you. We have simply become accustomed to expecting the worst.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also, as of today's patch (although I believe it was also an issue with previous ones), we can't even see which boffs have these rare abilities so we can hold onto them for later. Their tooltips only show traits.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why not just add the skills to the ones unlocked via the Captain skill points?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    One feature that will not be finished when the system goes live is the handling of rare abilities that can only be obtained from rare bridge officers (randomly generated or special mission rewards). We are still working on this feature and will provide more information on it in the future. For the moment though we wanted to inform the community that if they already have these rare bridge officers or obtain any in the future to not delete them. Make sure to keep them and once this feature is complete it will allow players to train other bridge officers with those rare abilities. The details on how this feature will function is still under review and development.

This is UNACCEPTABLE.
    This totally screws people that used those rare Bridge Officers to train other officers (deleting the original in the process).

Just make all of the powers available via whatever mechanism is the easiest to implement and call it a day. Anything you do (or not do) at this point will be seen as unhelpful. The lesser evil is to just make all of the powers available to everyone to train.
  • Options
    frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Just make all of the powers available via whatever mechanism is the easiest to implement and call it a day.

^^ that

An example: if your tac captain's skill tree allows you to train BFAW3 with 6 points in Energy Weapons, make crafting of a BO3 manual available at e.g. 9 points. Similarly do it with Torpedo: Spread 3 and High Yield 3. Treat Engineering and Science abilities analog to that.

But I kinda fear that you will put in another EC/Dilithium sink for those "rare" abilities instead.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks everyone who provided feedback and informed us about any bugs you might have found when testing on Tribble. The team has been working hard to polish the system before it goes live and your responses have been very helpful. In particular from player feedback we made sure that the Training Manuals had their own easy to search categories within the Exchange. We also lowered the Dilithium cost and Time required to create the PADD component which is needed for crafting the High End Training Manuals.

Thanks,

Mike “Warpdust” McTyre
    System Designer
    Star Trek Online

If it was not finished.... then why you release it?
    You are playing russian roulett with the integrity of the players chars... chars which a good amount of players have spent alot of money for.

Such terrible management you do at Cryptic Studios is causing damage to the players... and they will leave if you dont change the way you do stuff anytime soon.
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Heard about the new BOFF training system on Priority One...sounded cool. Went online today, and tried to put together a few new BOFFS for my new Pathfinder...can't use the boffs I saved to train up others, can't get the abilities I want from the exchange, cause I can't see the abilities of the BOFFS for sale, load-outs still not saving when I switch ships, everything is a grind and a dilithium sink...after about 5 minutes into the game I realized...

This just isn't fun anymore.

I'm generally not a complainer, and I used to really love this game, but it seems with this latest update...something has changed.
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Based on my short time playing, it looks like I picked the wrong week to join Star Fleet. :(
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.