test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ITS BACK!!!!!! - Load Out and Statiosn CLEARING

Comments

• arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    that's a tribble specific bug as far as i remember.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Guess this wasn't addressed in this patch either. Just had it happen on my Rom doing the new mission. This would be after re-seating the BOFFs under the new system not even an hour ago.

*slow clap*
  • myrddnnmyrddnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just got my bridge officers skills setup under the new system. Saved my loadout. Warped into a mission. Guess what? NO BRIDGE OFFICERS AT THEIR STATIONS!!!!!

Again? Really? Cryptic, are you trying to drive players away from the game so you can just mothball it? This is getting ridiculous. And, as a coder myself, I can say that there is NO EXCUSE For this kind of laziness on your part.
  • seifer1701seifer1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    myrddnn wrote: »
    I just got my bridge officers skills setup under the new system. Saved my loadout. Warped into a mission. Guess what? NO BRIDGE OFFICERS AT THEIR STATIONS!!!!!

Again? Really? Cryptic, are you trying to drive players away from the game so you can just mothball it? This is getting ridiculous. And, as a coder myself, I can say that there is NO EXCUSE For this kind of laziness on your part.

No kidding.
    And yes, the loadout re-quip might work for some but not all, I've personally given up on my alts, everyday i log in and somewhere between sector space maps and entering STF's my Boffs disappear.

Might check to see if the inertial dampeners are working properly, seeing as how each time we warp the Boffs seem to fly out of their stations.
  • chestertrekchestertrek Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And I was just about to remove my avatar...
  • imcguigaimcguiga Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had this same issue.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yup as i was going from area to area to do the omega particle daily every time i transitioned my boffs un slotted and on 2 occasions the saved loadout only loaded a couple of boffs .

and completely unslotted them when starting Dust to dust . we warned of this, we knew this would be the issue when you muk with the Boffs and guess what no steps to alleviate the issue . a couple of weeks back it was getting fairly stable , but i noticed some returning problems such as transition unslotting of boffs in certain maps . since then till now which is a complete FUBAR .
  • vnm51vnm51 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Nope. Doesnt work.
    Long story short is I had to rebuild it manually.

Do what I do usually: get a paper and a pen, and write down the stations and the assigned boffs.
    It's quite silly but I haven't found any better solution yet.
    Would be good, if Cryptic adds a note window to the ship tab (each ship of course), where we can write down stuff like stations, boffs and other notes.
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep same happening here, my UI has dementia, just about everytime I transition map it forgets about 90% of boff placements and sometimes 100%, it is even switching powers round on them too.
  • renebrehmer#9819 renebrehmer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I thought this bug was fixed a while back but tonight it came back.

I joined PvE Queues from Delta Quadrant and had no issues. I returned to ESD to heal from Bug Hunt and joined Borg Disconnected PvE. Upon entering I noticed that all of my bridge officers had been removed. I played the event with the handicap and reset my bridge and use tray upon returning to ESD.

From ESD Sector space I joined Cured Space PvE and once again all my settings / bridge officers were reset and removed.

I think this qualifies as a bug.

This has been a recurring issue since the 2nd anniversary patch. It was never fixed. Back then the GMs promised "it is being looked into", only no fix was ever released, and no attempt have ever been made to fix it. Instead the problem seems to have been aggravated with each patch that followed, and currently it appears to be a reliably occurring issue on every single loading screen.

The interim workaround of saving and loading loadouts is buggy as well. Sometimes a changed loadout doesn't save (I assume because of lag), and sometimes when loading a loadout it doesn't completely load, and leaves 1-2 boff stations unmanned.
  • cptburnscptburns Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    this now happens with alarming frequency since the latest patch for me, think more is broken than working with the latest update.....
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I tried to bring this up but I don't think people really got what I was talking about.

My Doff roster is usually full or nearly full. Like I have missions I cant complete because I don't have room..

So I slot my Doffs yet again and now have 195 in my roster. 5 slots open. I do something like the cell ship or recruitment assignments and fill it back to 200.

Doffs unslot yet again.

I don't have 205 doffs listed only 200. There is no room in my roster

So where are the Doffs going?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After the anniversary patch there now appears to be another problem with my Boff stations clearing.

I warped into Sol space and saw my Boffs had cleared so I reseated them only to discover that some of their abilities had changed. For example, instead of Hazard Emitters 2 in the Lt Sci position I had Tyken's Rift 1.

It seems that not only are the Boff station clearing but they are also resetting my Boff abilities to some sort of internal default list that the game seems to think I want.
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The stations clearing problem persists with the recent patch, as expected.

However, I used to be able to fix it by clicking on a universal boff station dropdown list (to ensure all boffs are loaded and available to the loadout system or whatever's going on there) then activating a loadout or at the worst manually reslotting boffs to their correct stations, sending abilities to their correct positions in the tray automatically.

That no longer works, I'm finding. Activating a loadout is sending boffs to wrong stations, and abilities to the wrong tray positions. On one character, as I started slotting boffs to their correct stations, some abilities were automatically appearing in the right positions in the tray -- but slotting more boffs started mangling it, moving abilities around and removing most of the ones that were already in position. Each new boff slotted totally changes what was in the tray previously.

During this process I'm also seeing default abilities restored to boffs after I'd already changed them to what they were before the patch.

This is a mess. It takes so long to fix that if I were to do teamed content the mission might well fail before I even had boffs/abilities in a usable state. Not sure why you don't consider this the game-breaking bug that it is.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm loosing my boff positions and they're loosing their selected powers as well.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • clamyfishstickclamyfishstick Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll just confirm that my boffs are being unslotted every map change.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes same here. I wonder if cryptic will ever stop this bug.
  • emplehodemplehod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loosing my boffs too when map switching

After this patch, every ship loadout on every character (six characters) all disappeared and I have to manually replace all my skills. The skills were removed from my skill bar and the loadouts don't work. I have to painstakingly create them again.

Also, at least one of my toons no longer has an icon for "Call Trade Freighter". It is now just a solid white box.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    emplehod wrote: »

Also, at least one of my toons no longer has an icon for "Call Trade Freighter". It is now just a solid white box.

Suffering from this to.
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Submitted as well. Issue hadn't happened until today for me.
  • chrysanthenoirchrysanthenoir Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same thing has been happening here, change map and all your station officers are cleared out when you arrive at the new map, join a pve and the same thing happens, then when you put them back....your skills are missing from the officers having been reset to defaults you changed months ago....that was before all characters froze in whatever places they found themselves to be and are all now completely unresponsive.
  • jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same thing as well. Every map change, lose tray items. This is ridiculous, do I have to reset everything each time I transition maps? Seriously, this has been going on for a while now. It has been "fix" after "fix" after "fix" ad infinitum yet it has not been fixed.

Bugs: prioritize, triage. How do you expect players to play the game if your UI is broken? You update BOFF system, which was NOT broken. Loadouts and tray are broken, nothing is done about it. I don't care about other non-game breaking bugs such as uniform clipping or nerve tonics, because you have to prioritize the more serious bugs and issues. If the trays and loadouts are broken how do you expect players to activate powers? Do you seriously expect me to reslot everything on each map change? each time I enter a PVE queue?

man...if I had this many bugs in my work and sold it to clients I would not be employed for very long.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Has there been any acknowledgement on this? If there has, I haven't seen it (and the tread is many pages long). This is a really serious issue making every space combat effectively broken (I did say "effectively," so don't start arguing. I can't even complete an advanced or elite with all the bells and whistles, let alone with both hands tied behind my back.)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Never had it before in over 2 years of playing, but 1 of my 3 toons got hit hard after this last patch. Not only did all my stations get cleared but ALL trained abilities are gone too. Every retrain thats ever been done on this toons BoF's have been cleared. Now I have to spend more to retrain them in abilities that they've had for years, and I'm betting I don't get the THOUSANDS of spent points back either. I'm unsure I want to spend the time or points to rebuild this toon again since it's no longer playable in it's current state.

Thanks alot you incompetent bunch of noobs, at least the KDF side of the update isn't nearly as hosed as the FED side. Great update rookies. Worst update ever, but I bet you 'know' the players love it, right ?
    :mad:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    Has there been any acknowledgement on this?

Yes there has. This is the most recent:
    I've been trying to reproduce this, but I'm just not seeing it. Nor did I see it while playing over the weekend on my personal account. So I've got some questions to try and track this down.

Do you see this on every map transfer? If not, how often and on what type of transfer? e.g. beaming up from ground to space, loading into space queues, etc.

Are there any particular maps that seem to cause this to happen more than others?

Do you change ships and/or Boffs often? If so, how often after a change of Boffs do you see this happen?

Does this occur from the moment you log in, or do you have to be playing a while first? If the latter, approximately ow long before you see it happen?

Do you experience the same issue on Tribble? If so, is it more frequent or less?

It's now been a year and two days since loadouts were released, and far longer then that since officers first started going AWOL. Still we wait for a fix.
  • duneytron2000duneytron2000 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been trying to reproduce this, but I'm just not seeing it. Nor did I see it while playing over the weekend on my personal account. So I've got some questions to try and track this down.

Do you see this on every map transfer? If not, how often and on what type of transfer? e.g. beaming up from ground to space, loading into space queues, etc.

It seems to happen when beaming from ground to space. I've had it happen beaming up from Andoria ground after completing an omega daily objective, and I've also had it beaming into a space pve queue (CCA) from earth space dock.

It does not occur every time though.

Are there any particular maps that seem to cause this to happen more than others?

I've seen it once from Andoria ground, once from Starbase 39, and once from ESD, but that sample size is really small. :\
    Do you change ships and/or Boffs often? If so, how often after a change of Boffs do you see this happen?

I've made 0 changes to ship or Boff layout in between all three of these occurrences. I've been flying a Vesta, which has 2 universal slots, and I have a very large stable of Boffs (23 currently).
    Does this occur from the moment you log in, or do you have to be playing a while first? If the latter, approximately ow long before you see it happen?

Don't remember the details of the earlier occurrences. This time I've only been logged in a short while, but I THINK I was logged in longer before joining the space queue from ESD.

Just some additional details:
    All my slotted boffs disappear. When I choose the loadout again, it refreshes my tray, but none of the boffs slot still. The selected loadout circle does NOT fill in, indicating it recognizes my loadout is different.

Switching ships and back again does not fix the problem.

Selecting the dropdown from a universal station to view the list of choices, and then reloading the build resulted in the boffs from that universal station (which had a tac officer) and my tac station seating correctly. Selecting the dropdowns from all the stations and reloading the build seemed to correctly reseat all the boffs correctly. I have only tried this approach one time, however.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it was always in the game maybe last 3 years or so. They never really fixed it.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Once you've got your ship prepared, boffs, doffs, and equipment, save your loadout !
    Then if it ever gets cleared you simply need to click on the loadout you saved to restore everything as it was.
    If you change consoles often.. save your loadout often.

I always do, thats why it sucks so much, reloading load-out didn't do anything, still needed to put boff's back, fix power-tray and my key-binds..
  • aarrrhhaarrrhh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Whoever is in charge of quality control and testing needs sacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hhmmm no 2nd thoughts those positions probably don't exist!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nervehammer1004nervehammer1004 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi,
    This has started occurring much more frequently now than it had been in the past. It generally occurs during map transitions (ie. warping one sector to another, beaming up from ground to space, going from normal map to stf). I have the same symptoms as everyone else, warping into the new map shows all BOFF stations cleared. Trying to re-equip the loadout (which I make sure to save - a lot) will only populate one BOFF and none of the others.
    The BOFF clearing also removes the items from the power tray, forcing those to be re-set as well. This is especially killer now that the ptray indexing is so laggy that you overshoot tray 7, 8 or 9, especially if you get in a hurry.
    One suggestion was made to setup your stations and ptray, then on your shuttle slot your bridge officers one at a time in alphabetical order (which alphabetizes them on the roster), then save the shuttle and ship loadouts and that should eliminate the problem. I have not yet tested this theory either.