test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Mini-Game Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• petrif666petrif666 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    slachance wrote: »
    I attempted as previously stated to complete the sol system portion by collecting a particle at the starfleet academy.... also attempted on ESD itself (ground). Also reattempted sol system space..

All failed....

This is the only portion preventing from completing mini game mission and getting today's 40 q commendations

Same here. I have completed several times all possible places in Sol system and no completion. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    graysock wrote: »
    One Word: Weekend.

Two more words Company party.
  • echa1echa1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ESD still broken. Now the third time I've had to report this in 3 days. No response from you or the devs for two days.

Do you really think this level of customer service is acceptable?
  • themadmaxthemadmax Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jorsto wrote: »
    Yep, No chance.

You have to drop the daily mission if you got Sol Space map and wait for the next hour to get a new combination.

Note that combinations are NOT RANDOM, they appear to cycle every hour.

Thanks for the hint.
    I will try. And I keep my fingers crossed that it is not Bajor instead :eek:
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sol system (ESD space) is still bugged. It rewards you for completing the collection portion but the mission does not close out. I sincerely hope we are not penalized for this and get called exploiters, since we've been trying to report these issues since yesterday.
  • elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Adding that Bajor Space is still broken this morning. For the sake of helping the devs, I thought I'd break down a bit of what efforts I went through to test some solutions.

I did my due diligence and swept the whole system very thoroughly, still no Omega.

In many zones, when you "scan" it points you toward the particle, even if it says there are zero anomalies. But the indication reticule does nothing in Bajor space.

Other surrounding or nearby zones do not trigger success either.

My guess is that the mission says Bajor, but the intended completion area coded into the mission is something completely different. Perhaps just whatever unique identifier is used in the code with numbers transposed, or missing a digit.... in other words, you'd have to go to every ground and space zone, find a particle, and see if it works.
  • matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ESD exterior Omega mini-game is still bugged.

Completed the mini game several dozen times and got a trace/sliver/shard/fragments, but still not been creddit for Q mission.

I to hope the Devs aren't going to turn round and call us exploiters and remove all the traces we have earned.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And still no response from PWE regarding Bajor....
  • zachkorinis1zachkorinis1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi all, Has anyone mentioned that for a day or so me and many others have been flying around Bajor space, freaking out, because there is no Omega particles in the area to complete the quest in Bajor "space"?
  • zachkorinis1zachkorinis1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just wondering why some players have certain issues while other players have different issues. For example some players report being able to complete Bajor in some way i havn't verified, while some players report work nodes that don't register in the quest task.Is it the same issue with different systems, with different symptoms? different OS?
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still having issues across all relevant locations with mini-game ending early, in some cases, in less than 15 seconds from the start.

Also, when one molecule is completed, the particles often 'jump' ahead a short bit(as in a lag 'blip'), throwing off any sort of timing .

Suspect latency issues, as nothing else seems to fit all the symptoms...ping tests -seem- normal....
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just wondering why some players have certain issues while other players have different issues. For example some players report being able to complete Bajor in some way i havn't verified, while some players report work nodes that don't register in the quest task.Is it the same issue with different systems, with different symptoms? different OS?

Could it be Bajor ground vs. space? Ground works fine, but space is empty of the omega particles.
  • ruttager1ruttager1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Omega Mini-Game System on 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

As part of our effort to fix any issues you are having with Omega Particles, we will be applying a reset fix on social maps. You may experience issues temporarily with the following maps

ESD
    Qo’nos
    K7
    Vulcan Ground
    Vulcan System
    Rura Penthe
    Drozana Station
    Drozana System
    Starfleet Academy
    Klingon Academy
    Ganalda
    Starbase 39

~CaptainSmirk

second day checking for omega particles in bajor space, none exist to complete mission. was hoping one day it would be fixed. maybe today?
  • neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ruttager1 wrote: »
    second day checking for omega particles in bajor space, none exist to complete mission. was hoping one day it would be fixed. maybe today?

Me too, this is getting ridiculous. I have tried to do this, every day I encounter problems. First day I was lucky to get it done, then the 2nd/3rd day has been impossible to get anything done the objectives don't work any-more. Which means I would have just lost out on a possible 80-120 Q's pieces because of a bug that is wasting my time in attempting to get for a ship that I may never be allowed to get due the to bug preventing me to gain the ship legit which is really annoying.

I even tried contacting support, there only response was to discuss it in the forums instead of actually working with the customer to find out the problems that are occurring from a technical point of view and I'm a paying customer so this is ridiculous so essentially I'm paying for something that doesn't work, be potentially being offered a ship in a way eventually by a mini-game that requires me to waste endless hours with no guarantee's that it will ever work because so far it hasn't. :rolleyes:
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • sov888sov888 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    same here, 2nd day in a row now with dropped and mission restarted - problems for me are Bajor (space) and Vlugta Asteroid mining field (ground), no sign of those omegas anywhere

I also have the latency time lag when doing the flappy omegas game which skips when the omega is destroyed.

oh well, was hoping to get some done in the weekend but now no chance :( hope they extend it for a week, this is really poor QA. shame for this to really put a downer to the anniversary event
  • largerchiplargerchip Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After wasting 4 hours on lag, ESD space, and then dropping the mission only to faff about in Bajor Space, the mission disappeared from my active missions. I tried hailing to pick it up, but all Q offers me is the party game. There is no mention of the Omega mission at all.

I am at a complete loss as to how so many things can go wrong with such a straightforward thing. There is no excuse for this, and the developers have taken no measures to communicate with the players.

STOP MESSING WITH US. I WANT MY SHIP!!!
  • rabin26rabin26 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It seems that the Bajor Space particles are spawning in the Bajor System instance in the mission "Crack in the Mirror". I have seen the particles there in the part of the mission where you are in orbit of Bajor VII, though I can't confirm that they will count in the daily mission or not (I dropped the daily when/if it says to go to Bajor).

So the particles are in Bajor space, just not the social Bajor zone like they should be.

ETA: Some players are confirming that the Omega Particles in the mission will complete the Bajor portion of the daily. You only have to get through a ground portion and then to the space part; stop the mission there in case you need to come back if Bajor pops back up in your Omega Daily
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have yet to get the SOL space omega and it is the only one the mission is giving me. I may never finish it as many bugs cryptic keeps creating.
  • nrkptnrkpt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good morning,

Can you fix bugs on Omega event ?

Earth spacedock, outside, simply don't collect !!
  • sorwensorwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nrkpt wrote: »
    Good morning,

Can you fix bugs on Omega event ?

Earth spacedock, outside, simply don't collect !!
    Same problem.

Thank you for an event I have to grind to get 1k of to grind and get nothing. [sarcasm]Makes it so much fun.[/sarcasm]
    Forever and always forward
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    FED
    Unable to Collect 1x 40
    Bajor Bug
    ESD Bug

ROM
    Unable to Collect 1x 40
    ESD Bug

KDF
    Collect 1x 40
    No problem

I hope PWE/CS will extend this event as this rate I won't be able to complete it if I can't complete the 1 task to get 40 under FED and ROM. I had to drop the task and still the same. Thanks for your help. But under my KDF I have no issues. So why would ROM/FED and FED have so much issue to complete the set to get 40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I tried signing off and back on, tried changing instances... I scanned these particles till I was blue in the face.. the mission will not complete. Not sure how this event is going to complete?
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have also had no luck with ESD space, or Bajoran System Space. I can collect particles at ESD, and have collected probably 50 of em in the last day, buy have never been able to receive credit for the daily mission for the event.
    Bajor, I have yet to even find a particle there, no area is ever highlighted or anything.

aaaand while I am here, I have also CTD'd 5 times today (which I use loosely since it's after midnight now...)
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • redaranredaran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tried to obtain particles around the Earth starbase.
    All I got was a big runaround!
    I travelled to the other locations I needed to go to stabilize the particles,
    but when I needed to do the same around the Sol starbase, It yielded nothing!
    What's going on!!?
  • spacedreamer78spacedreamer78 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Collecting the trace particle when at ESD [Space] will not auto-complete.

Only current solution is to drop the mission and pick it up the next day, so you get the currently non-bugged areas.

Problem: you lose an entire day. And if you started with 0 Q-mendations, it remains to be seen if you can get to a 1000 to get that cool looking ship.
  • jorstojorsto Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    themadmax wrote: »
    The daily mission is still not working.
    I can't finish the ESD Space Part. The minigame is finished but it does not count as finished.

No chance to fullfill Q's daily

ESD Space Part can be completed on Academy GROUND map (but not in all instances and all spawn-nodes of particles).

You have to switch instances to find one that works.

I completed ESD Space mission on Academy #8 at a Omega particle spot behind the Console near Prof. Meyers NPC (north-east edge of the map outside the Bar).

Other spots failed to work for me (every Space map spot, and other spots on Academy ground).

Other ppl report that ESD ground also works, but i didnt try that myself.
  • cassiohancassiohan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ESD space, after 3/4 hour found a way to finished it. At the academy, you need ones by the fence/wall on the bay side/commemorative fire.
  • joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also had problems around ESD. Tried around 4 hours ago and about 30 minutes ago. No luck.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I CAN confirm that playing "A Crack In The Mirror" gets you to a Bajoran Space instance that DOES let you get the Omega Particles which DO count toward Q's mission. Fight through the DS9 Docking ring and pursue the Transports to Bajor VII. When you arrive there, the Omega Particles are available. Scan one, drop "A Crack In The Mirror" (or play it through), and you're good to go.