test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOFFs now have the wrong abilities

synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
*EDIT* Don't panic, gang. Check your BOFFs individual skills. They should still have the skills that you taught them before the patch. Shew! :)*
Post edited by synfoola on

Comments

• cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Boffs are now reseted 2 their default-Skills
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is NOT COOL. As in log off and say goodbye not cool.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21690631&postcount=30

Rare Boff Abilities - When the system is released it will retrain any Rare Boff Abilities that a Boff had to begin with (so if a player accidentally untrained a rare ability, they will get it back on that Boff). We are also planning on releasing those Rare Abilities as Training Manuals in the future but we have not determined the method on it yet.

Here is the link to the thread, and I copied the information, so it is not a bug.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why am I paying EC to train my BOFFs in skills they had before patch?
    Ok previous skills are under skills and are free.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • whyomewhyome Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    realy cryptic do you want a player base as your rightly messing and butt :eek: your customers by resetting there bridge officer skills.

if they dont fix this personaly saying i dont think you will have a game, now best thing cryptic can do is revert back to the old system.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    ALL OF YOU LISTEN

Your bugs are not broken. It's just that they now have 'active abilities' and 'inactive abilities' and a lot of them have been reset to their 'when created' active abilities.

If you go to the skills tab and go to the boff in question they're still trained in whatever they had before, you just have to set it to active.

THIS IS NOT A BUG.

(Also the tutorial to tell you this vital information will ONLY pop up when you get into the boff skills tab, which is hilarious because it tells you to go to that tab. that you're already in).
  • sevexparsevexpar Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ILLCADIA LISTEN

I have followed those instructions and they aren't working. Also why not leave the BOFFS the way they were?

Software has bugs or features. This is a bug. Maybe you have the unlimited time to waste putting skills back where you left them, but I (and a LOT of the other players) have a job as well as other demands on my time.

This 'game' is fast becoming as annoying and frustrating as the job I play the game to relax from.

This was an idiotic stunt to pull against the player base and no apologist is going to explain it away.

Ultimately this is just a game, and we all shouldn't get worked up over it, but why play the game when it stops being fun and becomes work.
  • ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    I've returned my BOffs to the desired abilities several times and the abilities maddeningly always seem to reset to default before long. I think it definitely is a bug and it's causing the abilities to revert to default just about every time you change maps.
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironcaniac wrote: »
    I've returned my BOffs to the desired abilities several times and the abilities maddeningly always seem to reset to default before long. I think it definitely is a bug and it's causing the abilities to revert to default just about every time you change maps.

I am having this issue as well and it's definitely a bug.
  • eddie13blackeddie13black Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    blunted74 wrote: »
    I am having this issue as well and it's definitely a bug.

Yep. I am having the same issue with my toons :( It seems to be a bug to me as abilities are resetting and my boffs constantly removed from system tray.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same here they reset when entering dust to dust map, suddenly all Boff seats where empty and skills where not available to re-slot even though they had them all before transiting, this is kinda FUBAR.

I just want my Boffs to have the same damn abilities that they had before this clusterflap.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • emplehodemplehod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The BOFFs I have in my Candidates window (un-commissioned) do not show ANY space abilities, only ground ones. Am I to believe we now have to train BOFFs for any space abilities?
  • coessecoesse Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am glad to hear that my BOs still have their skills....oh wait a minute THEY DONT

Their skills under all the menus have been changed

Are you serious Devs.....have I really got to go and retrain all the BOs for multiple ships across 16 toons and 2 accounts!!!

WTF were you thinking! Some dumb TRIBBLE needs to get their head out from where it is and pay attention to what is going on, because you seem to have some stupid TRIBBLE making dumb stuff up as he goes along.

I have seen some daft things from cryptic in the past but geeez guys this takes the biscuit, dunks it and throws it at the nearest person making grunting sounds.

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

TLDR :- Cryptic have lost the plot and starting hiring hamsters to run across their keyboards all day.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    you can at least save the space ones somewhat consistently if you use the loadout save+load trick.

it doesn't work on ground ones though, they keep resetting on each map change to first ability on the list, or sometimes to an apparent invalid ability (the selection box doesn't appear around it, and the abilities on the top don't change until all abilities are reslotted. on map change they break again).

i gave up trying to change them until it's fixed, until then i guess i won't be doing any ground missions.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • magewarrior69magewarrior69 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok I figured out that for some of the abilities/skills mainly space as said above, the skills that trained into my bridge officers when I made Vice Admiral and had enough points to "Respec" them, are there along with the original ones that came with the officer and it is a fairly simple matter to re-select the newer ones but for several different officers on 4 different Captain's, some of the ones I retrained are not available to be selected unless I retrain my officers in those skills again and that is "unacceptable", further all of the bridge officer abilities/skills are disappearing from their Stations and resetting almost everytime you beam to and from your ship and/or change maps/go into missions and that is not only unacceptable but has been an off/on "Bug" for over a year now, come on DEV's, lets not make the game harder for people to play than it needs to be!!!!!
  • coessecoesse Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The problem for me isn't that the skills aren't saving, it is that they have ALL lost any skills which I had retrained them to have.

Not a single loadout or BO has the skills he had before the patch.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah the bug now is worse than before. It randomly unslots your boffs and switches them back to their original skills (ground and space).... sigh
  • josephskirkjosephskirk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    for me, BOFF have updated...but they are listed on my command portal differently than I've set them up on DEFAULT TRIBBLE ABILITIES... :mad:

so now I can't do some special things, which are needed to perform in action (combat)...maybe I should leave the game, when it's too damn complicated to do 1 thing PROPERLY!