What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ive been robed

13»

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Indeed. Try spreading some truth too, they hate that! :D
    Especially "truth" that is unvarnished opinion, untarnished by any exposure to fact.

Of course, pointing out that "opinion" and "fact" are not synonymous merely gets one labeled as a "fanboi", misspelling and all...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    It's saying something, though, when someone's frothing is so illiterate and illogical that even the hugbox that is General Discussion can't contain it...

whats illogical no agreement can be legal if its allowing criminal behavior an agreement is about sueing not pressing criminal charges for taking my money and running
    edited January 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Point is that in agreement you signed "buying that car" was statement that you agree that "seller" will provide you a car when he want, for as long as he want. You signed it so you actually say "Yeah, I'm okay with this. Let's do it." You calling something you agree to be done a crime, so why you agree with it in first place?

an agreement that allows a costumer to be frauded is not legal I cant agree to it because its not legal to begin with so as soon as I get frauded that is breaking the agreement by abusing an agreement that's criminal in its own.

you just cant agree to be frauded now or in the future or past validly that is not even a legal sale period you get your money back and or the car salesman goes to jail mostly just go to jail for crime already dune
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have to say this is one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a long time. I even went out and splurged on caramel popcorn for this one! On a side not, I'd hate to see what the OP would do to his mom if she ever forgot to bring him his Cheetos and pizza rolls.....:D
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Silk or Cashmere?

I have to say this is one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a long time.

Thread gold. I'm tempted to vote for best thread of 2015 but the year is still young.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jrq2 wrote: »
    I speak a little Gibberish; let me try to communicate with it.

Boof powrs not gone just diffent they keep old pwrs from befour you train them.
    You need to open boof to move old powers to new pwrs wich was old powers befour change of new powers.

Reminds me of this scene from Airplane...
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    brewmannh wrote: »
    Punctuation, do you speak it?

Maybe he speaks The Banjo.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cromarty1 wrote: »
    an agreement that allows a costumer to be frauded is not legal I cant agree to it because its not legal to begin with so as soon as I get frauded that is breaking the agreement by abusing an agreement that's criminal in its own.

you just cant agree to be frauded now or in the future or past validly that is not even a legal sale period you get your money back and or the car salesman goes to jail mostly just go to jail for crime already dune

R*** is also illegal unless both sides agreed for it, then it's only rough intercourse. Same situation here, Cryptic provide you with terms of using its product. If they were illegal in your opinion you shouldn't signed them and accept.

Going your way of thinking: You signed EULA and TOS, so you new the terms of agreement. Terms that in your opinion are illegal. Even those you keep providing Cryptic with funds to continue their work. Work which in your opinion is illegal because of terms of use. So... You are then complicit funding organized crime.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Reminds me of this scene from Airplane...

Jive-TRIBBLE dude don't got no brains anyhow.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dude, edit your post . The real " trolls" that live here are having a field day with it.
  • echelonalphaechelonalpha Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dude, edit your post . The real " trolls" that live here are having a field day with it.

This is Ten Forward, there are no trolls here. We do have muffins, however..

cromarty1.. Don't listen to the naysayers telling you what to do! You're doing the right thing, just stay the course, buddy.. also, did you file a ticket with customer support?

^_^
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I seriously can't believe this is still going on lol!

OP, step away from the keyboard and chill. The FBI isn't going to break down Cryptic's door just because you think they stole your money in an update.:rolleyes:
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • zeven2004zeven2004 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hiway robery i tel u.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 2015

I do love a good muffin, but with this thread I might just need one of the ol' Marathon candy bars: something to last a good, long time. :P
    edited January 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »
    1. You don't own anything in game, so you can't be robbed by rightful owner which is Cryptic (you only rent the right to use Cryptic property).

2. Creating account in game you agreed to terms of TOS and EULA. And those say pretty clear taht Cryptic can change anything, anytime, anyway they want. You signed under that so shut up and stop complaining that Cryptic done something what you agreed for.

your argument is flawed user agreements cannot protect a company to break the law a user agreement is still based on trust the company brakes the law the company brakes the user agreement in the united states criminal law is still higher law than the laws that bind a user agreement that's why driver licenses exzist so the license can be removed for criminal abuse
    edited January 2015
    I seriously can't believe this is still going on lol!

OP, step away from the keyboard and chill. The FBI isn't going to break down Cryptic's door just because you think they stole your money in an update.:rolleyes:

I don't think I know and across state lines make it a ic3 investegator matter and as far as internet thay are fed with the same power as fbi in this matter its just a risk that the developers should have realized that thare will not be no internet fed level police for vary long because the internet allways crosses state lines making all internet crimes fed charges no matter how much $200 $1000 or even a dollar and this TRIBBLE of robbing everyone who invests real money must stop its just a game the theme is never going to be more important than the real world responability to stop scams
    edited January 2015
    I don't think I know and across state lines make it a ic3 investegator matter and as far as internet thay are fed with the same power as fbi in this matter its just a risk that the developers should have realized that thare will not be no internet fed level police for vary long because the internet allways crosses state lines making all internet crimes fed charges no matter how much $200 $1000 or even a dollar and this TRIBBLE of robbing everyone who invests real money must stop its just a game the theme is never going to be more important than the real world responability to stop scams

people are still getting put away for robbing partial cents from lots of custumers
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am not a lawyer, but in this instance I don't really need to be one....

1) You do not have a criminal case against Cryptic. They have not robbed you of anything with real-world value. What you have is a possible dispute over the provision of a service (the Star Trek Online game.) That is a matter for the civil law, not the criminal law. Except -

2) You do not have a civil case against Cryptic either. The EULA and TOS, as others have told you, specifically say you don't. They are still providing the game - they have made some changes, but they are allowed to do that. (Indeed, they have to do that - even if they didn't put any new features in, ever, they would still have to update the game to keep pace with technical changes.) Moreover -

3) Anything that's happened to you can probably be undone with a bit of button pressing, a small amount of in-game time and effort, or - at the very worst - submitting a ticket to customer support. All of these together amount to much less time and effort than a lawsuit, don't they? Especially a lawsuit you could not possibly win.
    8b6YIel.png?1
    edited January 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    I am not a lawyer, but in this instance I don't really need to be one....

1) You do not have a criminal case against Cryptic. They have not robbed you of anything with real-world value. What you have is a possible dispute over the provision of a service (the Star Trek Online game.) That is a matter for the civil law, not the criminal law. Except -

2) You do not have a civil case against Cryptic either. The EULA and TOS, as others have told you, specifically say you don't. They are still providing the game - they have made some changes, but they are allowed to do that. (Indeed, they have to do that - even if they didn't put any new features in, ever, they would still have to update the game to keep pace with technical changes.) Moreover -

3) Anything that's happened to you can probably be undone with a bit of button pressing, a small amount of in-game time and effort, or - at the very worst - submitting a ticket to customer support. All of these together amount to much less time and effort than a lawsuit, don't they? Especially a lawsuit you could not possibly win.

you have no idea comiting a crime voids the eula and tos in the united states its them a legal agreement cant be legal if a crime is commited and a agreement cant be legal if it includes a permit to crime because thare no such thing as a permit to crime
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, what kind of robe are we talking about here ? A bath robe ? :D
    edited January 2015

cromarty1.. Don't listen to the naysayers telling you what to do! You're doing the right thing, just stay the course, buddy.. also, did you file a ticket with customer support?

^_^

yes and it was responded the update worked as intended so i am not going to stop the ic3 for the reason what has been dune has been dune and pwe/cryptic will not make good with it so time to go to work chalange fraud and chalange the user agreement as part of a scam witch is easy to do when all it means is all sales are not final how can perchases be charged at all if sales are not final
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you have no idea comiting a crime voids the eula and tos in the united states its them a legal agreement cant be legal if a crime is commited and a agreement cant be legal if it includes a permit to crime because thare no such thing as a permit to crime

No crime has been committed. Your "stuff" in the game is not real - I hate to break it to you, but that's the sordid truth. Your actual contract with the company - which is governed by the license that you agreed to - just says that they're providing a game called "Star Trek Online" in return for whatever consideration (subscription, Zen purchases, or maybe nothing at all) you give them. The stuff in the game is not real, and it is determined solely by Cryptic, and you agreed to that.

I'm tempted to say, "fine, you say you've been robbed, go to the police and report it," but the police can get quite nasty with people who waste their time, and that's what you'd be doing. I'm sorry, but there it is.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm going to be honest, if Cryptic were subject to UK law, you might - might - have a case, but only because the UK has no constitutional law.

That said, when you bought the game, that was the service you purchased. Any powers you spent dil on? If you bought the dil with zen, you were paying for the zen, not anything you purchased with it. Unless they took away a service you explicitly paid for (a product you purchased off the zen store would probably count, since there is a receipt and sales record of that), they have not committed financial fraud under British, US or European law. And changing a service is not illegal either, since you agreed that Cryptic reserved that right.

It isn't illegal to change a service unless you paid for that exact service. The EULA states that you are paying for Star Trek Online, Gold Membership if you're subscribed, and Lifetime Subscription if you bought the Lifetime subscription. That means short of them shutting STO down, ending the Gold subscription, or ending the LTS, they do not break the law by changing the game. (Even with the Gold Membership, that only applies if they're still charging you. With shutting down STO, I don't think that would apply since in the EULA they state you're paying for immediate access to STO, not permanent access.)

It sucks what's happened to you, but it isn't criminal under US law. The only thing I can suggest is you ask the devs to rollback your account to its state before the update.
    edited January 2015
    ryan218 wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest, if Cryptic were subject to UK law, you might - might - have a case, but only because the UK has no constitutional law.

That said, when you bought the game, that was the service you purchased. Any powers you spent dil on? If you bought the dil with zen, you were paying for the zen, not anything you purchased with it. Unless they took away a service you explicitly paid for (a product you purchased off the zen store would probably count, since there is a receipt and sales record of that), they have not committed financial fraud under British, US or European law. And changing a service is not illegal either, since you agreed that Cryptic reserved that right.

It isn't illegal to change a service unless you paid for that exact service. The EULA states that you are paying for Star Trek Online, Gold Membership if you're subscribed, and Lifetime Subscription if you bought the Lifetime subscription. That means short of them shutting STO down, ending the Gold subscription, or ending the LTS, they do not break the law by changing the game. (Even with the Gold Membership, that only applies if they're still charging you. With shutting down STO, I don't think that would apply since in the EULA they state you're paying for immediate access to STO, not permanent access.)

It sucks what's happened to you, but it isn't criminal under US law. The only thing I can suggest is you ask the devs to rollback your account to its state before the update.

basicly a scaming user agreement like this needs to be fixed it in it self is a crime of fraud thare is nothing being rented or sold to rent the crime is the point thay put anything other than pay to play up for sale that this user agreement becomes a scam
  • niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Am I a "troll" if I say this is the funniest series of posts I've ever read on the forum (of mostly whiners)? Witch robe should I wear while watching Dune? I feel dumber now. Is there an English teacher in the forum? Lol wholeheartedly.
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
    edited January 2015
    basicly a scaming user agreement like this needs to be fixed it in it self is a crime of fraud thare is nothing being rented or sold to rent the crime is the point thay put anything other than pay to play up for sale that this user agreement becomes a scam

Read my post again. The law says that they are not committing a crime. By signing the EULA, you agreed that they could change the service. They have not removed or revoked any part of the service, so there is no scam. This was made clear when they went F2P.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Good news, OP! I found someone who knows a guy who has a cousin whose brother in law is going to night school to become an attorney. He said he'll be glad to take your case.

Provided you can be medically proven to be mentally competent to testify in a court of law.

Quick! Delete all your posts before he comes in here!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    edited January 2015
    Good news, OP! I found someone who knows a guy who has a cousin whose brother in law is going to night school to become an attorney. He said he'll be glad to take your case.

Provided you can be medically proven to be mentally competent to testify in a court of law.

Quick! Delete all your posts before he comes in here!

That's a bit harsh, don't you think?
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have you read this entire thread from the beginning? The OP called me a troll on page one or two I think. And if I am to be accused of of it, I may as well start keeping score. And no, not nearly as harsh as I'd like to be.
    I'd probably go with an IP Ban if I was allowed to.

People like this guy are the prime reason all the Twilight fans thank us for making them look normal.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Am I a "troll" if I say this is the funniest series of posts I've ever read on the forum (of mostly whiners)?
    I'd give that a troll value of 0.2, with 0 being "totally not a troll" and 1 being "Full Dental."
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Read my post again. The law says that they are not committing a crime. By signing the EULA, you agreed that they could change the service. They have not removed or revoked any part of the service, so there is no scam. This was made clear when they went F2P.
    I don't think that will help. Reading comprehension doesn't strike me as being among the OP's strengths.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon