test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Mini-Game Bugs Reporting Thread

Comments

• graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    devil07 wrote: »
    Are any DEVs reading this thread? please tell us if your looking in to this mess!:mad:

One Word: Weekend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bajor is bugged for the Omega particle mission.

It says the mission is in space, but the particles are on ground and are not counting toward the mission.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Omega particles missing from bajor space.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    graysock wrote: »
    One Word: Weekend.

really isn't an excuse, they work for a game company, a good game company when something goes wrong and things aren't working properly on a massive scale. they fix it instead of waiting for the weekend to be over.
  • hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    E.S.D. space doesnt compleate and "supposedly " there are ment to be omega particals around bajor :rolleyes: anouther FAIL guys [what a shock :eek: ]
  • cyranorpcyranorp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same issues here. I have re loaded the mission multiple times with either ESO space or Bajor space always coming up and unable to claim the ESO particles towards the mission or find any at all around Bajor
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mass snr/dc just happened followed by en masse warp in, to andoria system.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's a bug with the Omega-mini game missions - when we go to Bajor, it's suppose to be in space, not on the ground map. The Red particles show up on Bajor's ground map, and even when we complete it, the Bajor map remains un-finished.

If this is not fixed, then we cannot complete the Omega particles missions!
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay, I tried it the nice way and looked at both, Starfleet Academy and ESD ground to complete the mission. Let me put it this way: If Cryptic was a Klingon ship, someone would have already challenged the devs for incompetence and violating the ships honour. This update is just horrible and frustrating. I almost stopped playing, aside from leveling crafting skills already. This update? I might stop playing completely until you get your TRIBBLE together. This game isn't worth playing anymore. You ruined having secondary characters with the grinding for specialization points and Mk XIV equipment. You ruined having a main character with bugs. Congratulations.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sov42 wrote: »

It says the mission is in space, but the particles are on ground and are not counting toward the mission.

Same problem for me, tried dropping the mission multiple times and still end up with Bajor space when I accept mission again, even when I change to different toon I still get Bajor space and can't complete mission. Sure would be nice if Cryptic could actually release something that works right the 1st time instead of having multiple problems, quality control department, if there is even 1, need to be restaffed with people who know what they are doing. This is getting very old with this game!!!!!!
  • scarlet0nescarlet0ne Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Omega particles in ESD (space) aren't giving me a complete. I repeated six times and even switched instances as well as went out into sector space and back again. Nothing seemed to work.

Bajor (Space) is listed, but there are no omega particles in the space portion.

Randomly, scoring will fail completely and end as soon as the game starts, giving me 0 points and forcing me to attempt to find another Omega particle, only for it not to work regardless.
  • bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It must be the evil evil Cardassian-Cryptic alliance that kidnapped the poor helpless Bajor Omega Particle. They are heartless and cruel! ;)
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sov42 wrote: »

Same here.
  • patrick1711patrick1711 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Omega Mini-Game System on 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

As part of our effort to fix any issues you are having with Omega Particles, we will be applying a reset fix on social maps. You may experience issues temporarily with the following maps

ESD
    Qo’nos
    K7
    Vulcan Ground
    Vulcan System
    Rura Penthe
    Drozana Station
    Drozana System
    Starfleet Academy
    Klingon Academy
    Ganalda
    Starbase 39

~CaptainSmirk

Please Include Bajor (Space) no particles at all. Thanks
  • leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yes Bajor space is still bugged with zero omega in space so you can't complete your daily.
    now I know the default answer to this will be lets extend the event well I say lets not and how about you just lower the needed amount of qmendations needed to 500 as I don't want to be doing this grind any longer than I need to as I've had enough of grind after grind after grind especially since you just made a new skill tree and I've not even finished the 2 that are there on my main toon never mind my alts. just an idea how about lowering the spec needed to gain a point or increase the spec that you get as the fun Is long gone from this game and only reason i'm still here is because its Star Trek.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Another Bajor space chime-in. Ticket already submitted.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    leescotty wrote: »
    yes Bajor space is still bugged with zero omega in space so you can't complete your daily.
    now I know the default answer to this will be lets extend the event well I say lets not and how about you just lower the needed amount of qmendations needed to 500 as I don't want to be doing this grind any longer than I need to as I've had enough of grind after grind after grind especially since you just made a new skill tree and I've not even finished the 2 that are there on my main toon never mind my alts. just an idea how about lowering the spec needed to gain a point or increase the spec that you get as the fun Is long gone from this game and only reason i'm still here is because its Star Trek.

Hell yeah, lower the amount of Q-mendations needed. The fact that we have to grind for the ship at all is stupid to begin with.
  • draconian2013draconian2013 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bajor Space chime in.
  • retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, Bajor space is free!!!!

.. of Omega partices.

Not loving this anniversary. :mad:
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The changeover so it stopped pulling Bajor seems to have worked.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've noticed that in Worf 359 others can use the V key but mine does not work.
    And I cannot scan particles in Worf 359 but others can.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    retepelad wrote: »
    Yes, Bajor space is free!!!!

.. of Omega partices.

Not loving this anniversary. :mad:

Yep, I many of us can confirm that there are no particles in Bajor space.
  • kawney1kawney1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still no Bajor particles :/
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I keep trying really hard to get the Omega Silver. The issue I have is when other players come by and end the game for me. I realize this is a glitch, but I have seen some players use this glitch to grief other players. They go to a particle where another player is, start it, then cancel and go to the next. It is sad how you guys work so hard to make content that is fun and it gets taken advantage of.

Another issue I have noticed is when I get to 2300 - 2400 (not that easy for everybody) I sometimes still get just a trace instead of an omega silver. Yet some times I can get 1200 and get an Omega Silver. So the game is not consistent per the level of collection.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I keep trying really hard to get the Omega Silver. The issue I have is when other players come by and end the game for me. I realize this is a glitch, but I have seen some players use this glitch to grief other players. They go to a particle where another player is, start it, then cancel and go to the next. It is sad how you guys work so hard to make content that is fun and it gets taken advantage of.

Another issue I have noticed is when I get to 2300 - 2400 (not that easy for everybody) I sometimes still get just a trace instead of an omega silver. Yet some times I can get 1200 and get an Omega Silver. So the game is not consistent per the level of collection.

The odd thing is.... if I get 1200 exactly, then I'll get a silver, but if I get above or below that, I just get the yellow/blue/red traces. I think my highest score so far is 1750, for which I received a common trace..... :(

Sadly, the minigame, if it doesn't end prematurely, is still jumping around on me - like it's lagging and having to catch up, so I miss several particles to destroy.
  • themadmaxthemadmax Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The daily mission is still not working.
    I can't finish the ESD Space Part. The minigame is finished but it does not count as finished.

No chance to fullfill Q's daily
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but at one point today, the mission told me to go deal with a particle in the Bajor space map, but when I went there, my sensors kept telling me there were none there and I couldn't find any when searching either. Transferred to other maps several times and back, but still the same. I couldn't see any particles on that space map. Ended up having to drop the mission, then re-accepting it and doing it all over again. Thankfully it didn't ask me to go back to Bajor the second time.

Edit: read more posts; guess I'm not the only one...
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • jorstojorsto Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    themadmax wrote: »
    The daily mission is still not working.
    I can't finish the ESD Space Part. The minigame is finished but it does not count as finished.

No chance to fullfill Q's daily

Yep, No chance.

You have to drop the daily mission if you got Sol Space map and wait for the next hour to get a new combination.

Note that combinations are NOT RANDOM, they appear to cycle every hour.